He's Not Kyuhyun Without His Games

Rules Within The 'Super Dorm' [Hiatus]

Rule #9: Do not take the evil maknae as a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32TwKD2ve7g&list=FLz2HU9Glk2B15TrHfvcv6FQ&index=9&feature=plpp_video (Tell Me Your Wish- Dream High cover)

 

“Sing?” Eunhyuk looked amused.

“Y-yah! I’m already nervous enough,” Jae Mi blushed, putting her hands inside her pocket. All her confidence had disappeared.

“I’m sorry! Please continue!” Eunhyuk smiled his signature gummy smile, hoping to convince his little sister.

Henry, to Jae Mi’s surprise, successfully made the chorus sound good with the four mere strings of a violin.

Jae Mi took a deep breath-

“Tell me your wish,

Aren’t you tired of boring days?

Are you buried in ordinary life?

Now stop and wake up,

You’re my super star, shining star, super star~”

Eunhyuk’s eyes popped open, followed by everybody else’s.

Jae Mi ignored the obvious signs of shock as she continued,

“That’s right, I love you, I always believe in you.

Dreams, passions, I want to give them all to you,

I want to answer your wishes,

I’m the goddess of your fortunes,

Tell me your wish, (‘I’m genie for you boy’ Donghae screeched in a nasal voice’)

Tell me your wish, (‘I’m genie for your wish’ Shindong followed)

Tell me your wish, (‘I’m genie for your dream’ the other members sang)

Tell me your wish; I’m genie for your dream!”

 

By the end of the song, Eunhyuk had tiny teardrops that threatened to fall.

“Really? SNSD?” he mustered, in an attempt to cover up his tears and overwhelming emotions.

“Are you crying?” Jae Mi craned her neck and looked at him, surprised.

“N-no,” he sniffled and reached for a tissue.

“Oppa! You’re crying?”

“No I’m not!” he protested, but they could see a drip fall down his cheek in a straight line.

“Yah, stop lying~” Donghae teased and swung an arm over his best friend.

“Fine…I’m crying,” Eunhyuk let loose and the tears freely flowed from his eyes.

 

“D-does he do this often?” Jae Mi whispered to Kyuhyun, surprised.

“You’ll get used to it…” Kyuhyun smirked, patting her back gently.

It took half an hour, in Jae Mi’s perspective, for Eunhyuk to stop crying.

“That was so beautiful!” he exclaimed and was about to burst into another round of tears before Heechul rushed up with a strand of duct tape.

“Hyukkie, I swear I will-”

“Okay, okay!” he sighed happily and smiled at Jae Mi.

“But Jae Mi, you should consider signing with a label, or try auditioning at least. Your voice is even better than mine!” Eunhyuk complimented.

“You’re a rapper,” Jae Mi reminded him, but still smiled at the warmth of his compliment.

“No, but really, you sing well.” Leeteuk piped up, and Yesung agreed, mentioning different major and minor notes and the perfection of Jae Mi’s pitch.

 

Jae Mi POV

I am so confused right now. Perfect pitch? A flat minor and the seventh? I was never into the Music major in school and never though about it either, and now I’m stuck here with a dozen musically talented, obsessive, and may I mention- a bit hot- men.

Accidentally, I let out a yawn in the midst of their argument with some notes of a major scale and they stopped immediately.

“Are we boring you?” Ryeowook immediately asked, feeling bad.

“No, don’t worry! You can continue,” I waved my hand and smiled assuringly.

“You guys are obviously boring to her,” Kyuhyun stated in a dull monotone, his eyes focused his computer screen.

“Shut up,” I hissed and gestured them to continue with their conversation while I dealt with this devil of a maknae.

“You need to learn some etiquette!” I whispered to him.

“Nawh,” he shrugged and knocked off another player on his screen.

“Yes you do! How are you going to survive out there in the world full of dangers!” I protested, and then clamped a hand over my mouth upon hearing how cheesy my own words sounded.

“Survive out there in the world full of dangers?” he quoted me, pausing his game to give me a once-over with his eyes.

“What are you looking at?” I yelped and moved a little away from him.

“Nothing,” he smiled and returned to his game.

“Look at me, mista. If I win a video game against you, you have to follow me and learn etiquette, alright?” I demanded, furious that he wasn’t paying attention to me.

 

All chattering stopped.

“Did she just say that she’s challenging Kyu to a game?” Shindong’s jaw dropped.

“A video game,” Sungmin confirmed, shocked.

“Jae Mi-yah, are you sure?” Eunhyuk asked, worried.

“Waeyo? He can’t be that good, can he?” I shrugged.

“Here’s a clue, Mi. Go on Google…search up Game-Kyu.” Siwon suggested nicely.

“Wait, be right back!” I shouted and rushed to my room.

 

“Hello?” the ever-so-familiar voice answered.

“Jessie! Oh, Jessie! I need your help!” I screeched into the phone desperately.

“Of course,” she replied, following with a queue of yawns.

“Oh my gosh, you were still sleeping! I’m sorry,” I replied profusely.

“No, it’s okay, what is it?” she sounded a bit more awake this time.

“Kay, can your inner and outer Super Junior fangirl tell me anything about Kyuhyun and his gaming skills?”

“Of course,”

“Well?”

“Actually I only have one fact…” she admitted.

“Really? Well, what is it?”

“He’s a really good gamer?”

“JESSIE THAT’S SO LAME,” I choked on a series of laughs.

“Fine, well he’s a really good gamer, according to what they claim on Twitter and stuff.”

“Do you think I can beat him?” I asked suddenly.

“Well…”

“I can’t,” I said, more of a question than a declaration.

“You can, judging from the way you crumpled my brother at his own video game…”

 

“So if you win, you get to teach me manners. If I win…” Kyuhyun pondered.

“Better not be bad,” Siwon warned.

“Better not be violent,” Donghae glared.

“Better not be dirty thinking!” Leeteuk raised an eyebrow, summarizing all the previous threats.

“Of course not! I’m good ol’ innocent Kyuhyun! I’m a Kyu-tie!” he said, poorly attempting aegyo.

“Just get to the point, if you win I what?”

“You…audition for SM!”

“What?!” I protested, displeased and taken aback.

“The hyungs seems satisfied enough, so let that be. Now choose a game. Call of Duty?”

I was about to agree when Eunhyuk cut in.

“No violent games.” He said strictly.

“Aw, but hyung~” Kyuhyun whimpered. “They’re my specialty!”

“Nope, you’d have to find another game that’s not violent; else it’s automatic win for Jae Mi.”

 

Kyuhyun kneeled before his cabinet of games and grumbled while pulling out non-violent games.

“What can I do? My Little Pony race?” he rolled his eyes.

“How about another race? Mario Kart is nice enough.” Eunhyuk suggested, although it’s a bit amateur for both our levels.

 

We finally decided on three one-to-one races to see who would win most.

In the first round he successfully reigned victory over me by finishing almost a lap early, but as I adjusted to this childhood game, I overlapped him in the second round.

The final round was the most nerve-wracking. I couldn’t focus, thinking ahead to if I lost.

“COME ON KYUHYUN!” I heard Eunhyuk cheer.

“Yeah, get her to the auditions straight!” Donghae added.

Typical.

I clenched my fist around the Wii remote and gritted my teeth aggressively.

My past gamer self returned and I zoomed my Luigi forward at the start of the third round.

But Kyuhyun and his Princess Peach (I swear, this guy is a ding dong) were right behind me and I in a deep breath.

Slowly yet pretty fast on-screen, we took turns taking the lead and turned into the third lap.

As Princess Peach got hit by a rocketing fire ball, I whispered, “Ooh, burn, your majesty. Need an ice pack with that?”

I could hear him clench his teeth and sat back, satisfied.

I had successfully led my on-screen character in a smooth line towards the finish line when I saw Kyuhyun receive a green shell to take me down. He wasn’t far behind me and could shoot it with great accuracy because of the short distance between our karts.

I couldn’t reach the finish line fast enough before he launched his green shell-his last trick up his sleeve. I knew I couldn’t swerve neither left nor right because of the annoying obstacles, so I kept in a straight line, hoping his aim would be a little bit off.

I closed my eyes, not wanting to look at the screen any longer. My fingers remained pressed on the Wii remote to keep Luigi going, but I had diverted my mind to something else.

And a short second later, I heard cheers.

I slowly peeked open an eye to see who had won.

---

omg i haven't updated for 2 months, and i've come up with a conclusion to what i should do: i'll update more often, but i have shortened my chapters in half.

im so sorry for not updating sooner and im so glad that you're all still with me :)

oh, any shawols here? or anyone with a tumblr? i'd love to get to know you guys more.. im sorta timid ahaha

thanks IrisButterfly for the tip that i pasted more thaan once haha.. computer was lagging so i just pasted a thousand times stupid mee xD