A Little Partying Hurts Nobody

Rules Within The 'Super Dorm' [Hiatus]

 

006. Rule #5: Don’t ever, ever, ever underestimate their partying skills.

(A/N: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nIVFJXvL6A listen to this , Chobyeol by Kim Heechul . )

Again I woke up in the middle of night and morning, thinking it was already day in Canada. It wasn’t as early as I thought, since I adjust to time differences easily.

 

I looked at my iPhone and it flashed its huge white time and date at me.

FRIDAY, DEC 8TH 2011

7:29

This time I had already registered the fact that I’m no longer back home and that I’m in Eunhyuk’s room. I stumbled onto my feet and immediately balanced myself on the floor. I slept in my sleeping bag last night, not wanting the events yesterday to repeat themselves and cause more trouble.

Tiptoeing outside his room, I found myself standing in the middle of the award sea. This time I did not feel dizzy or surprised, so I took a steady breath and marched towards the kitchen, ready to make breakfast.

As I finished putting on the (GIRLY) apron, and was about to open the fridge, Ryeowook rushed in.

“ANIYO! DON’T OPEN THE FRIDGE!” he leaped on top of me and peeled my hand off the handle of the refrigerator.

“Uh, okay.” I cautiously took my hand off the fridge and took a step away from it, just for small measures.

“It’s just that I left some pancakes in there, and you know how much I LOVE pancakes. Right, JAE MI?!” he screamed my name really loud and laughed nervously.

I was about to say Right, but at my name, three pajama-d men rushed in and carried me out the kitchen.

They flopped me onto the couch and looked at me expectantly.

I looked back, interested, at their faces.

Shindong, Donghae, and Yesung stared back innocently.

“Good morning, sunbaenims.” I stood up and bowed, since I wasn’t that close to them.

“AISH!” Shindong and Yesung flopped onto the couch, beside me, frustrated, whilst Donghae stood in front of me, pouting.

“Wae? What’s wrong?” I asked, oblivious.

“You can’t call your brothers sunbae! That’s so insulting to us~” Yesung whined and Shindong grunted an agreement.

“Oh…I’m so sorry,” I stood up and bowed again.

It’s really not my fault, all my actions just come voluntarily that I can’t control whether or not I bow or call them sunbae.

“But you’re still being formal!” Donghae wailed helplessly and collapsed on the couch beside Yesung.

As I was talking to Shindong about pancakes, I saw someone- Ryeowook?- peek out of the kitchen and give the guys an OK sign from the corner of my eye.

What are these guys up to?

 

I looked at Yesung, Donghae, and then Shindong, and they all had pokerfaces as if they had no clue why Ryeowook just did that OK sign.

“Jae Mi, can you do us a favor?” Donghae’s face popped in front of my glassy eyes.

“Woah~” I fumbled to not fall back and latched myself onto Shindong. He anchored me back into my sitting position.

“Yes?” I asked Donghae, now regaining my balance.

“We’re running out of food, can you go to the cornerstore and help us restock?” he blew up his cheeks and looked at me desperately.

“Yeah, I can do that.” I smiled widely and nodded, then walked towards the bedroom to change into street clothes.

 

-Narrator POV-

The four men that had awoken in the early morning high fived each other.

“Wow hyung, your aegyo is getting better by day!” Ryeowook whispered happily, hugging Donghae.

“Nah, I’m still looking up to Sungmin hyung. Maybe someday, though.” Donghae grinned, although he too was excited.

Yesung looked up at Ryeowook, annoyed that the dongsaengs were ‘flirting’ again.

He took his job as part of YeWook very seriously recently, even when fan-service is not needed.

“Yeobo, shouldn’t you be getting the food ready for Jae Mi?”

 

Ryeowook paused slightly at Yesung’s use of pet name, but he shrugged it off.

“Sure, hyung. I’ll leave to get the cake once she leaves to buy breakfast.”

“Make sure it has lots of icing and it’s really fancy!” Shindong added as he dozed off to sleep again on the couch.

Waking up early is not his habit.

 

-Jae Mi POV-

I walked out of Eunhyuk’s washroom and into the living room again, catching the last part of Shindong’s statement.

“What’s really fancy?” I asked curiously.

Shindong jumped and scrambled to get his words straight.

“N-nothing! Just talking about that…hotel we lived in when we went to Singapore. Yeah, that’s it. That hotel.” he chuckled nervously.

“Okay…” I nodded reluctantly, not quite believing him.

“Actually, Jae Mi, you don’t need to restock. Do you think you have energy to just get breakfast for us?” Ryeowook looked up at me and smiled widely like a little child.

I nodded energetically. At the word breakfast I remembered the woman at the food stand yesterday morning. I should go back and thank her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shivered slightly as the cold air greeted me for the second morning in a row. Thank god this time I left the dorm under early notice, so I had worn my Uggs and more appropriate clothing. (A/N your outfit: 

Walking down the busy streets again, I realized that I hadn’t actually taken in all of Seoul’s outer appearances yet.

 

There are still pale white cherry blossoms hanging over my head, their petals slowly falling off, making a runway for the pedestrians to walk over. The streets are really bright, with red and pink and shocking colored signs hanging from the door, the sides, on top of the shop. I spotted a Dunkin’ Donuts at the corner of the street, and made a mental note to make sure that I go there and get some New Yorkstyled snacks later.

 

I barely remembered the way because I was traveling in a hazy mood yesterday, but I trusted my nose and let it take me where I need to be.

Walking down the line of breakfast and snacks of every type, I finally found the woman, again, standing at her stand, cracking wide smiles at everyone.

My spirits lifted and I ran towards her.

“Ahjuhmma!” I greeted her with a 90 degree bow and smiled happily. She looked up and her eyes seemed to light up with recognition.

“Sweetheart! You’re back! With warmer clothes, too, I noticed.” She winked at me and I laughed.

“Thank you so much for the extra food yesterday, I’m back to pay you.”

 

She looked at me with deer-in-the-spotlight eyes. “Extra food? Oh, you mean the extra bit of ddubolggi?”

“Wha--? You also gave me corn, fried rice, and mandu!” I exclaimed, surprised. Does she not remember already?

“I didn’--- oh, it’s probably my son! He was the one that gave the food. I only told him to give extra ddubolggi, but I guess he likes you!” she laughed it off.

Her son?

 

Then I looked behind her and saw a guy, probably around 20 years old, staring back with me with beautiful big eyes, with a little smirk on his mouth.

He nodded slightly, then rotated himself and walked away.

 

Okay…

 

“Oh, okay. Well, here’s the money for yester—”

“Ani! It’s my treat, take it back,” the ahjuhmma refused.

“But... I…” I mumbled, blushing.

“It was my treat after all, and you did come back to visit!”

As she said that, I remembered the other reason why I was standing here.

 

“Oh! I also have to buy breakfast for my brothers.”

“Aigoo, what a lovely sister.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I walked home with four boxes of food, I turned the corner and walked into the Dunkin’ Donuts with a little bit of allowance in my pockets. I sighed dreamily as I pushed open the door and the smell of donuts and everything fat entered my nose.

It feels like home, when I finished school and went to get snacks with my friends. I almost went up to the counter and just order a ‘the usual’, but then realization hit me.

Maybe I was a little too glad to leave New York. It was where all my memories were, anyways.

But deep down in my heart, I think I know who helped me make the decision to leave New Yorkfor good.

Maybe I didn’t come to Seouljust for my brother. Majority of the reason probably is Eunhyuk, but the other part of me understands that it was because of him that I’m standing here, halfway across the globe.

 

Get a grip, Jae Mi. Let him go and live your new life.

 

“Excuse me? Are you alright?” a hand waved frantically in front of my glassy eyes.

“What?” I blinked thrice and looked at the hand’s owner.

 

She stared back with big doe eyes, tilting her head, confused. “Sorry, what would you like to order?”

“Oh, uh, jelly filled donuts? And a coffee?” I asked absentmindedly, still staring at the big expanded menu above her head.

“Is that it?” she asked in a friendlier voice, and I nodded.

“2000 won please.”

As I counted the money, I winced upon realizing that I was missing a few cents.

“I’m so sorry, maybe you can take out the coffee?” I asked hopefully.

She looked up and smiled kindly. “No, it’s okay. I’ll pay for you. You’re not from around here, are you?”

I blushed a deep rose red. “Yeah…I just got to Seoultwo days ago. Thank you so much, uh,” I peeked at her nametag.

“Thanks so much Sun Min-sshi.” I bowed sincerely.

“No problem, come again.” She handed me a tray with a bag of my jelly donuts and my coffee, then smiled again and gestured at the next customer to order.

I sat at the window booth, looking out the frosted windows at the streets.

As I bit into my donut, I watched as a girl and a guy separated.

“Oppa, I’ll see you tomorrow, right?” she asked cheerfully, her eyes lighting up with hope.

“Of course, yeobo. Make sure you bring your jacket this time so you won’t be cold,” he gave her a huge hug and she squealed.

How sweet, but it’s not like he’sgonna come back for you. My mind thought bitterly.

I sighed as I finished the last bit of my donut, and grasped my coffee to-go

 

The snow was falling harder this morning than last, so I strode down the sidewalk furiously, trying to avoid getting snowflakes down my shirt. My boots squeaked with complaints but my mind was now focused on whether or not the food got cold from my constant buying of time.

 

The elevator dinged and announced my arrival on the top floor and I stepped into the warm air.

“Hello? I’m back~” I knocked on the door, waiting patiently. From the other side I could hear ecstatic shouting.

“COME ON, SHUT UP SHE’S GONNA BE BACK SOON,” I heard someone shout and another one yelling, “WOOKIE WHERE THE HELL IS THE FOOD?!”

I double checked the floor I’m standing on and knocked on the door again.

“GUYS, SHUT UP, I HEAR KNOCKING.”

Everything went quiet and I knocked again just to emphasize my existence. What are they up to? I thought, nervous. Are they burning down the penthouse?

Maybe I’m overreacting; they’re mature and of-age anyways. I took a few deep breathes and the door whipped open.

“Jae Mi! Welcome back!” Henry said in a nervous voice as he tried to cover my view of the dorm with his height.

“Henry, what are you guys doing in there? You’re singers, not scientists!” I exclaimed, protective instincts taking over me.

Ignore the fact that I’m at least 3 years younger than them but I’m acting more like a mother than a younger sister.

 

“Oh, nothing! We’re fine,” he squeaked, still trying to cover my field of view.

“Are you sure you guys are okay?” I asked suspiciously. Henry is a really bad liar.

“Yeah, we’re ALMOST DONE uh, eating breakfast!” he improvised quickly.

Sure.

 

“Yep, Henry, we’re JUST TAKING OUT the cloths to wipe the table and stuff.” Someone shouted back.

I’m starting to get more and more suspicious but I have no reason to, so I slumped at the doorway with the boxes of food.

Henry kneeled beside me sympathetically.

“Jae Mi? Are you okay?” he patted my forehead with the back of his hand, his eyebrows knitting.

“Henry, we’re FINISHED dancing now!” I heard someone call.

I thought they were eating?

(A/N if you can stand dubstep, listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L75EC6Z4i4g The Boys SNSD Areia remix)

“Oh hey, the guys are done. Let’s go in.” Henry grabbed my wrist and gently helped me up. With one arm he held the boxes of breakfast and the other arm he supported me through the door.

 

I stood up numbly and my vision cleared. My sudden headache disappeared and everything was clear again.

The room was dark and I couldn’t see anything but I no longer felt dizzy and my eyes were no longer glassy.

 

“Hana, dul, set,” I heard someone whisper.

 

The room brightened, the lights popped on and 13 guys dressed in neon suits popped from everywhere.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAE MI!”

My eyes teared up involuntarily. I don’t even know them this much and already they care about me so much that they clear their sleeps to throw a party for me?

Eunhyuk leaped over the couch he was hiding behind with one stable arm and embraced me.

“JAE MI JAE MI JAE MI HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” he cried and he lifted me above his head and twirled me and laughed and smiled widely and danced around with my arms.

“Uh, oppa?”

No response as he kept dancing around and around, shouting random things happily.

He kept doing that for five minutes, and I gave up. Without warning, I started prancing and shouting and laughing random things that others probably can’t comprehend.

Soon, the onlookers stopped staring and started repeating our actions.

Ecstatic screams and shouts filled the room. If you looked through the top window of a specific apartment in Seoul, you’d think that 14 people were on wrong medications.

I don’t know when and how, but in one slight second everyone stopped and looked at me.

 

“Thanks so much guys, I can’t even…” all the teardrops that I splashed during the dancing returned.

“No, I’m allergic to girls crying!” Yesung exclaimed and started sobbing on Leeteuk’s shoulder.

Oh, okay.

“I’m sorry!” I quickly controlled my actions.

Mental note to self: never cry in front of Yesung.

 

“Oh! The breakfast I bought, it’s still on the table!” I remembered and quickly ran to the kitchen to take them out.

As they each opened the boxes, I heard a collective gasp.

“Jae Mi!” Yesung jumped in front of me.

“WOAH!” I jumped backwards, thankfully, landing on my feet.

“Yes?” I asked once stable and certain that the force of gravity is within me.

“Jae Mi!” this time Shindong leaped in front of me, causing me to stumble backwards another step.

“Ye-”

“JAE MI!” Kyuhyun roared in my face.

“Aigoo! What?” I asked.

“I don’t know, really. I just wanted to scare you.” Kyuhyun shrugged, smirking.

I looked over at Yesung and Shindong.

 

“Please stay with us forever! We get the best breakfasts when you’re here!” Yesung gushed, embracing me tightly.

“You guys are so harsh! You only want her to stay because she brings good food?” Kyuhyun’s laugh rumbled.

I blushed a deep red and looked down. I really don’t think that…

“Aniyo! That’s not what we meant! W-we just, y-you know, really excited about having fat food for breakfast!” Shindong stuttered, turning almost the same shade as me.

 

“COME ON GUYS EAT AND PARTY AND HAVE FUN, MANAGER HYUNG WON’T CARE SINCE IT’S JAE MI’S BIRTHDAY~” someone screamed and I ducked as a spitball hit the table behind me.

Woaaaaaaaah there, boys.

 

“YAH, LEE DONGHAE! DID YOU JUST THROW CAKE AT MY FACE?!” I heard Heechul’s high pitched wail.

“No hyung! It was Kyuhyun!” Donghae protested.

SPLAT.

 

“OH NO YOU DID NOT!” somebody shouted furiously and there goes another slice of cake.

“Hey, I have schedules later!” someone whined, yet I saw their cream-stained hands reaching for a slice of cake to launch.

 

Shouts and protests filled the room but nobody bothered to stop. I was unable to dodge at least three slices, and evidence proven by the fruit slices and cream nestled in my hair and down my face. Siwon jumped by me with a cake in one hand and smoothly smashed it into Ryeowook’s beautiful hair.

“YAH!” I saw Ryeowook leap into the air, defying gravity for a moment before he landed on the floor and glaring madly at Siwon.

 

“I’m sorry, Wookie,” Siwon pouted. Yeah, maybe I should give him aegyo lessons too?

“MY HAIR! THE CAKE I BOUGHT! AIGOO YOU SHOULD BE GLAD THAT YOU’RE MY HYUNG,” Ryeowook rebuked, rotating his body in a kung fu stance.

“Yeah, it’s not a good idea, Siwon’s taller, older, bigger, and stronger than you,” Kyuhyun snickered and slam-dunked a slice of cake into Ryeowook’s hair as well.

 

Ryeowook stalked his way into the bathroom, grumbling to himself about hair products and whipped cream bad for his hair and his hairdresser murdering him.

 

Soon enough the thin slices of cake ran out and there was nothing on the gold plate that once held it.

“Wait, wait, wait. You guys didn’t save cake to eat?” Heechul pushed his way through the crowd, staring horrified at the empty space.

“Uhm…” cream covered Yesung looked at cream covered Leeteuk, who looked over at each of the cream covered members. A small slice of chocolate slipped down Donghae’s nose and he caught it with his tongue.

 

Ryeowook the savior came out from the washroom, no longer grumbling and instead in a more satisfied mood.

“Don’t worry guys; I bought a second cake because I knew you’ll all mess the first one up.” He sighed knowingly, shaking his head and pulled open the door to the fridge.

He took out some candles and started sticking them around the pieces of chocolate and fruit on the creamy cake.

“How old are you?”

“Nine---uh, twenty one.” I quickly improvised.

 

“So twenty two?” Yesung leaned over and asked.

“Uhm, no, twenty one.” I corrected.

 

“Yeah, twenty two!” Donghae chimed.

“Guys, are you okay?” I asked worriedly, looking at them in the eye.

They all nodded and looked at me sincerely.

“Kay, twenty two candles,” Eunhyuk said and stuck some pink candles on as well.

“But…” I began to protest but Heechul nudged me.

“Don’t worry, we’re all old,” he chuckled deeply and smiled at me.

A real, sincere smile.

 

Everybody wanted to add candles so in the end we ended up finishing the entire pack of candles and I ended up to be 50 years old, judging by the amount of candles sticking out of the cake.

“Thanks guys,” I smiled widely at all of them, feeling my heart soar again with joy.

Eunhyuk swung an arm around me and smiled proudly.

Someone turned off the lights and the lit candles flickered in the dark, then the flames soared and stayed firmly in the black room.

I closed my eyes and gathered my energy to blow them all out. Inside my head I couldn’t decide on what to wish for.

 

They started singing simultaneously.

Saeng il chuk ha habnida~

Saeng il chuk ha habnida~

Sarang ha neun Jae Mi-yah,

Saeng il chuk ha habnida~!

 

In my head I thanked every one of them for the past two days.

I wish for more memories to come, for both better and worse days, for the best time with my thirteen brothers. Thank you so much for everything so far and everything to come, oppas~

 

When I opened my eyes the boys stared at me expectantly with huge puppy eyes.

“Alright, alright,” I sighed and cut the cake with incredible speed and watched as they gulped everything down.

 

“Jae Mi,” I heard Kyuhyun call me from behind. “Yes, Kyuhyun-sshi?” I looked at him and he gestured me into Eunhyuk’s bedroom and closed the door.

I sat down on oppa’s bed comfortably and looked up at him.

(A/N last background music link hahha , just saying , all my links are optional so if you dislike the songs i think are appropriate its alright! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrl8weYTmGU Kiss The Rain, Yiruma.)

-Narrator POV-

 

In a dimmed room a boy and a girl sat opposite of each other.

They stared into parallel eyes inquiringly, both waiting for one another to speak.

“Your age isn’t really what the cake inquires, is it?” the boy spoke, his voice deep and solemn.

“N-no, it’s not, I’m really not fifty yet.” The girl shook out her long hair and slid helplessly down from the bed onto the floor, leaning closer and shortening the length between their eye levels.

 

The boy did not think to reply, his eyes were focused on her pale pink lips with a bit of frosting and cream on the very left. His eyes traced around her delicate porcelain doll face and dodged the questioning stares of her brown eyes.

What are you doing? She’s Jae Mi. She’s your sister!He scolded himself, yet he couldn’t help but look at her lips again, realizing the annoying bit of cream was still there and again avoiding her gaze.

“Kyuhyun-sshi?” he heard her soft call, and his heart broke apart.

Call me oppa…

His heart begged but he had no guts to say it aloud.

“You’re not twenty one either,” he spoke, his voice raspy. He cleared his voice and looked back at the girl.

 

Her jaw dropped, and her face flushed a deep pink. gaped like a fish yet she could not say a word.

“I…I…” she tried to explain but couldn’t.

“You’re actually nineteen, aren’t you?” his eyes narrowed.

 

dried and she gulped, her heart beating rapidly.

How…does he know?

 

“I’m not—”

His dark eyes dared her to say more.

“I am nineteen, okay? I’m sorry for lying. But please don’t tell them.” She begged, her eyes starting to tear with drops of fear.

 

He looked at her, perplexed, then nodded.

With a thumb he wiped away her fallen tears, catching them with inexperience and then stiffly comforting her.

 

Who knew the evil Cho Kyuhyun would be so awkward with thisonegirl?

 

He cradled her in his arms and gently wiped away a lock of her hair, looking in her eyes daringly.

 

“I won’t tell them,” at her questioning stare, he added, “I won’t tell them. I promise.”

 

Her tense body immediately relaxed and she melted into him. He rotated her around and looked at her now merry smile.

 

Time seemed to pause as he leaned forward and pressed his lips irregularly on hers slightly, her eyes opened wider and as he was about to lean back after sure the cream was gone, the door shot open.

“Kyuhyun? Jae Mi? WHAT ARE YOU GUYS-?!”

 

~~~~

I'm so so sorry i haven't wrote for a while! its just that when i sit down and try to write i can't focus, and also since winter break is coming up im having huge tests D:

please keep supporting this story! also i started another story although im not sure the outcomes of updating . please check it out if you ship (or if not, your choice LOL) SeoKyu <3

Thank you for reading ~