He's my bestfriend.

Maybe I saw you a little more than that.

“Cara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” He screamed my name and I sighed setting down my book and ballpen and turned to the door. There he walked in, with his red hair and his illusory petite but tall figure. He looked at me and tapped his foot impatiently.

“Kevin, if your just gonna stand there and stare at me, I’m sorry but I just have to get back to my studying.” I quickly look away from him and back at my book. I sighed when I felt my heart beat faster again.

“That’s what you’ve been doing? That’s why you’ve been ignoring my texts and calls?” I could sense he was already pouting. Do not look at him Cara, do not look at him!

“Obviously. My exams are next week. I need 101% of my attention for studying.” I started reading the first line on the book and understood nothing.

“Give me 51% of your attention please because, I am lonely and bored.” I hadn’t notice he was beside me until I saw his pouting face right next to mine.

“Kevin.” I turned to look at him, and gulped at how close our faces were “I need to study”

“Just 30 min—no, 1 hour. Just give me one hour of your time. Please.” He begged and smiled at me.

“What do you wanna do anyway?” I asked.

“Ice cream, I’ve been craving it since this morning.” He answered.

I bit my lower lip and deliberated the situation. 1 hour wouldn’t hurt right? And were just gonna go out and get Ice cream, after that I go home and study again. Easy.

“Fine, but your buying.” I said and he smiled.

“sounds fair.” He nodded, grabbed my hand then pulled me up. He started walking and pulled me out of my room.

“Kevin, I left my phone in my room!” I said and he just looked at me with one of those suave smiles of his.

“You’re with me anyway, anyone who wants to contact you, can call me.”

Before he could fully pull me out of my house, I grabbed my jacket and put it over my shoulder, and then we were finally out. I made him let me go and glared at him.

“Pulled any harder and my arm would’ve come off.” I said as I put on my jacket. He chuckled then held my waist, guiding me as I walked.

“Hey, you could’ve changed your mind just like that. So I decided to grab you and run” He pinched my nose and I slapped his hand away. He simply smiled at me and we continued walking.

Okay, so you’re probably wondering who Kevin was in my life and how I met him huh?
Well, Kevin he’s my best friend. I met him a few years back. I was arguing with a waitress outside this restaurant cause she was telling me I didn’t pay the bill, when I already had. But she insisted that I hadn’t, and that I was making a run for it. I got so mad and screamed at her, and decided to walk back into the restaurant. I was angry, so all of my actions involved a lot of force. I powerfully pushed open the restaurants door, not knowing that someone was standing near it, I hit his face and heard him squeal. I quickly gasped then saw a guy on the floor, his nose slightly bleeding. I kneel down and there saw a boy with blondish hair and perfect features rubbing his forehead. I said my sorry and helped him clean his bloody nose. He also explained to the waiter I was bickering with earlier that he saw me pay and the waiter backed off. I thanked him for that, and told him if there was anything I can do, since I almost broke his nose and all, but he didn’t ask me for anything, he just asked for my name and ever since then, we’ve been the best of friends.
Oh! And ever since, I’ve seen Kevin’s sparkling eyes and appealing smile, I felt butterflies in my stomach. By through the years my feelings grew and I started falling for him. But I couldn’t and would never tell him that, he saw me as a friend, nothing more and nothing less. He even tried hooking me up with some of his other band members, but I found none of them amusing, it was just him. But he’ll never find that out. And he’d always tell me some of his crushes, he’d even go out on secret dates with some of them, which broke my heart, but I’m glad nothing was too serious. Kevin said keeping it a secret was hard, so he didn’t bother.

Anyway back to reality.
“I want the biggest cone there is.” I looked at the different flavors that were displayed, not sure of which one I wanted.

“of course you do. How could I not have guessed?” He looked at me with a smirk.

“Are you mocking me?!” I slapped his arm and he pouted but ended up laughing then putting an arm over me. He pulled me closer to him, and once again the tingly sensation played in my stomach. He pointed at some flavors, and I’d shake my head, saying no.

“What about Chocó caramel?” He pointed at one flavor and my eyes gleamed when I saw it.

“That does look yummy.” I looked up at him and smiled.

“I know I look yummy.” He smirked at me, I quickly lost my smile.

“I was talking about the food; don’t make me loose my appetite Kevin.” I said, and he laughed
“and you? Yummy? As if” I lied as I looked back at the flavors.

He ordered two large cones of Chocó caramel and we sat down far from the window. He didn’t want his fans to come and see both of us at the window. I’m so glad Kevin’s fans didn’t hate me. They’ve learned to accept me in their own little kiss me world. Some of them would even approach me and ask if they could take pictures with me. Okay, so maybe Kevin did make me somehow famous, who am I to complain? As long as I get to spend time with him and not have a thousand girls sending me mail saying they wanted to kill me.
But yeah, they did hate me before, just when me and Kevin were newly hanging out in public. I even browsed the net and saw I had an anti site, it scared the out of me, but Kevin just told me to ignore it. And I did, and Yey! I was accepted.

“Cara!” He snapped his fingers in front of my face, waking me up from my train of thought.

“Sorry, I droned out.” I smiled and my ice cream.

“Aish, so mean droning out while I was talking. I don’t do that to you.” He pouted.

“Just eat you Ice cream and tell me again what you were saying.” I smiled and he stuck his tongue out at me.

“Fine! As I was saying, U-kiss has a performance tomorrow, and well, we want you to be there.” He took a big bite of his Ice cream, he never did like his ice cream at the start, and once again he had ice cream on his nose. He looked like a little kid; I smiled and got a tissue.
He knew why and quickly leaned closer to me, I wiped the ice cream off and rolled my eyes.

“Kevin-shii, like I said. My exams are next week; I’m in major cramming mode. I shouldn’t even be here with you right now.” I said and his happy face gloomed.

“But, you’ve only been to one of our ‘Shut up’ performances.” He whined and I sighed.

“Once the exams are over, I’m all yours okay?” I said and he pouted.

“One week, are you kidding me? I have to wait one week?” He said louder.

“Yup” I said in English and he just sighed irritated.

“This is so unfair” He spoke back in English and I smiled. This is one of the things Kevin loved about me; we got to converse in English. Well, its because I’m actually ¼ American. My mother took every moment to teach me how to speak English, since she sent me to America for a year and a half. I loved the English language, and my American heritage. It made me feel special somehow.

“That’s how life really is Kevin” I shrugged, talking back in Korean  “You win some, you lose some”

He stomped “Well I’m losing you! And I don’t want that.” He pouted.
My heart smiled at his sentence, and I’m sure my face put on the same goofy smile.

“One week wont be that long.” I pinched his cheek and he just groaned.

 

When we arrived at my house’ doorstep I glared at Kevin who gave me a huge grin. But I wasn’t gonna let him off that easy. The 1 hour that he promised turned into 4 hours. I looked at my watch, yup, I was right. 9:30 pm.

“SungHyun!” I said his Korean name making him wince, he knew I was angry. Then suddenly he hugged me, and my heart skipped a beat again. No! Stay strong Cara, do not fall into this trap.
I gently pushed him away and looked him in the eye.

“1 hour… 1 hour!!” I said loudly.

“Its not my fault, we were having so much fun talking. And shouldn’t you blame yourself; I mean you didn’t even notice.” He scratched the back of his head.

“It turned into 4 hours! Making me loose 3 hours of studying.” I tapped my foot impatiently and looked at him.

“I’m sorry okay? Its just, I told you I was lonely and bored. And you said, I had one week till I got to see you again, so well….I used all the time we could have with each other today! I’m gonna miss you.”

“Aigoo… this boy and his excuses!” I bit my lower lip, forcing myself not to smile at what he just said, but he knew I wanted to smile badly and his sad expression turned into a mocking one.

“ohh! She’s gonna smile, she’s gonna miss me too! Admit it! Every time she’ll be studying, in her brain its just KEVIN KEVIN KEVIN!” He teased and I couldn’t help it, I laughed. He was such a dork.

“yaa!” I slapped his arm “you better pray that I pass my test.”

“Your gonna pass, I mean your you.” He smiled.

“Hope you right.” I suddenly hug him and smile “Okay, so maybe I’m gonna miss you too.”

“I knew it!” He laughed and hugged me back. He then pulled away and looked at me.
“Cara, hwaiting!” He pumped a fist in the air and I smiled and did the same.

“Hwaiting! Ukiss Hwaiting!” I said and he hugged me again.

“See you in one week?” I said and he nodded then let me go.

“One week!” He said “Bye!” He walked away and I smiled. One week…One week without seeing Kevin? Could I do it? I hope so. I mean, I’m not that into him right? I still have control right? Right!