The damsel in distress

Finding what is lost

« I'm alright, thank you », I said to Zico. And I was alright. That cold shower woke me from my nightmare. I wasn't always like this, this scared girl, too afraid to fall in love ever again. I was the kind that had fun in her life. I loved to hang out with my friends and I did had a police record, for minor offenses mind you. Like screaming late into the night while being completely drunk at fifteen, going to underground concerts, mostly to enjoy music and drink alcohol, but still underaged, break in a middle school to... I don't even remember why. I wasn't a delinquent. Life was too stressful, school, parents, college, the futur, we had to think about all of these, and sometimes you just want to let go and forget. So we did behave like criminals, but at least, we enjoyed life at its best while having great grades and making everyone around us not hates us for being bad children. Can't say everyone back in my high school could do it.

 

« You want a cig ? » asked me Zico, and I looked up, since he was standing up and I was still sitting down. He was leaning one shoulder on the wall, while I had all my back leaned on. Zico had one cigaret in his mouth, and another one between his fingers. I looked around and saw that it was night and we were at the back of the building, where there were no one, and probably no risk to get caught with the four walls that trapped us in a sort of backyard stock for garbage can. So I nodded and gladly accepted a cig he lighted me up. We were silent for what seemed like ten minutes, smoking in the stillness of this place. My head began to spin lightly, because last time I smoked was months ago, and this one was a strong cigaret. I could feel a soreness in my throat. But it was nice compared to what happened earlier. It calmed my nerves. And gave me the courage to ask a question that was pushed at the back of my head since I upped and left : « Did... did anyone notice my... weird behavior back in the ball room ?

- Don't worry, they are all too drunk for that, he answered blowing smoke out of his lips that formed an O shape.

- But you noticed, that's why you came here, right ?

- Aren't you full of yourself ? I just came for a smoke. And bumped into you having a panic attack.

- And oh, what a coincidence, you just had a glass of water with you !, I replied, sceptical.

- Actually, it was a glass of champagne I was drinking. »

 

And it's only then I noticed my skin was sticky, which was very problematic because I was wearing a beige dress. I couldn't get back to the festivity in this state. My hair and make up were probably worse. I put out my cig on the floor, and got up to call my manager. I bent my head to my pocket and saw, oh God, my wet dress. Wet at the wrong places, the exit sign above our head lighting it up. It was very embarassing since I had a C cup. I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks. I hid my face in my palms, too mortify to look up. Then I heard a door getting opened and closed and looked up in a panic to see who had came. But it was only Zico that had left. He just left me there, after I had a panic attack. Seriously, who leaves damsels in distress in a dark place, without even a word ? That jerk apparently.  

 

 

It's a short chapter, but at least it's a double update this week !