The moth

Finding what is lost

He was here, more beautiful than on TV. He was laughing, and talking, and smiling to someone. He wasn't paying attention around him. He didn't notice how people were looking at both of them, so envious. Why would they, they were happy to be here. The two best friends were finally going to be on the same show, in the same frame, on the same stage, wearing matching clothes. He was like a magnet. And I couldn't get away. This was the second time I was feeling like that. The first time was with Junhyung of Beast. That time, he was the light, and I was the moth. And we all know how that story ends.

 

Song Mino debuted about a couple years ago, but he was already so famous. Zico, his best friend, or as they like to say, Mino's dad, was considered as a senior in showbusiness compared to Mino. But that didn't stop them to behave like children without a care for the world when they were together. I heard one or two people say that the show was probably going to be manipulated, so Zico-Mino team could win. I didn't believe them. They don't need to manipulate the show for them to win, they were talented enough to do it by themselves. But those comments were coming from jealous, scared people. I wasn't scared. But I wasn't playing against them either. I will sing against girls. Which totally s*ckd, because I would've loved to be on a mixt team, since I've been living among girls for five years, singing along them for a year now. My girlband wasn't as famous as Winner, would probably never be. I debuted in a small agency, no match for YG Entertainment. So meeting people from other teams, working both with boys and girls would have been very interesting, and probably very fun.

 

But I was envious, watching the couple laugh and talk. However, not in the same way as the other participants. I wanted to be with them, laughing at their jokes. I didn't want their popularity, didn't want their talents. I just wanted to enjoy life like them. They made idol life looks so fun and easy. As for me, I forgot why I wanted to be an idol.

 

Lee Seung Gi, our MC, came in the room and welcomed everyone on this new show. It was my first time meeting Seung Gi, and the first impression was pretty good : giving a warm smile, Seung Gi tried to look and bow at everyone, and the room was quite crowded since there were practically no room to move. He deserved his title of prince charming. Not an official title, of course, just the one my members gave to him. He was wearing a black tuxedo, no tie, with a pale pink shirt, just two buttons open, showing his incredible collarbone. I could hear the girls all around me sighing at the side of him. It was understandable. But I couldn't take my eyes off of Song Mino for too long.

 

When Mino stopped laughing and freezed, I turned my head at what had captured his attention. And saw, deep brown eyes looking straight at me. Zico had noticed my stares. Blushing, I turned around, showing them my back, and said the most girlyish, the most superficial thing ever to Yuna, my leader :

« Isn't Lee Seung Gi Oppa the mot beautiful creature on this earth ? » I felt ashamed of my own comment. I wasn't the type of girl that was superficial, but I just proved the contrary. If only I didn't get caught by Zico. It made my brain stop working correctly. Yuna looked at me and said: « Wow, don't tell me it's Seung Gi oppa that makes you blush like that. You know, you have to focus on the missions, not on the MC. We have to win this competition. » She was right. Only two members of our girlband was given the chance to sing in this show, our agency wasn't happy about the conditions of the TV program, and was sure they would loose more money than they would earn if the whole team participated. So, Yuna and I was selected for this show. The others, Yejin, our main dancer and second rapper, and Jina, the maknae and the second singer, were going to have other activities while we will be on the show for about four months. I wasn't very aware of what consisted the show, I just knew that I was going to be in a team, with Yuna I guess, and that we were going to sing. And it was a survival type of competition. A new TV show that was going to air in a few weeks.

 

So I stopped my daydreams and looked around. There were at least a dozen girlsbands and boysbands in the room. I could see from where I was, some coolly dressed members from D-Unit, Sonamoo, or Crayon Pop. Oddly, all the girls were crowded on one side of the room, the boys were on the opposite side. There weren't any old and famous bands like Super Junior or Big Bang, but there were Block B, Winner, Got7 and I could also see Baro from B1A4. I didn't get a chance to meet all the bands that were going to participate in the contest beforehand, I didn't know who was going to be on the show. The producers will probably give us a time to meet each other. I hope so. It will be a waste to have all those idols and not talk to them.

 

Mr Yong Gi, the main producer of the show, walked to the front of the room, stood right next to Lee Seung Gi, and said one of the scariest thing of the world :

« Welcome everyone. So for those who don't remember me, I'm Kim Yong Gi, the main producer of this show. Are you all ready to share beds for four months ? »