The voice

Finding what is lost

I should've asked more questions about the variety show before agreeing to it. My manager, Hyun Woo oppa, just told me it was a singing competition and that Yuna will be there with me. That it will help me get over my stage fright. That one day, I could do a solo album if I weren't scared anymore of being on stage all alone. He never told me I had to share for four months a house. Not my house, just a random house. Where there won't be my room. My marvelous bed. My bubble. I didn't even pack my stuff ! Hyun Woo oppa should fly away to another country before I destroy his life. Oh, they really need to pay me good for this. For an idol, I am very shy, especially if I don't feel any sparks with the person I'm talking to. That's why I was always distant from my leader, but really close with our maknae. Jina was just so adorable, it was hard not to be at ease with her. While Yuna made people very uncomfortable by her presence. At least, that's how I always felt. And that's the reason why I wanted to do this show, to try and get close to Yuna, since she is our leader. But, nonetheless, if I was with my team, I could go up on stage and sing. When I'm all alone, I'm scared. I spent my first year unable to sing for the montly evaluations when I was a trainee since I didn't have any friends in the agency and had to do the evaluations all alone. I was accepted to this agency thanks to my videos online. It was easier, no one in front of me but the camera, I could delete the video and record again if I wasn't happy with my singing, before downloading it online. That's how they found me. It was a great opportunity for me of course, so I accepted. And later I found out that it was way easier to be on stage when I was singing with others, because it was actually fun. I didn't care about what people thought as long as I was having fun with my friends. But being alone on stage, looking at the judges who were going to give me a mark about my talent, or lack of, was frightning, it wasn't fun at all, being judged by people I barely knew. And leaving my comfortable house for the dorms were not easy to do even if it was my choice to begin with. So making me leave the dorms for a random house, was going to be hell.

 

While I was trying not to hyperventilate, Mr Yong Gi was telling us the rules of the show :

 

« First of all, you're all going to spent four months in the same house. And yes, boys and girls will be sharing the house. Actually, it's not really « a house ». More like a mansion, since there are 30 people here. Yes 30 : ten boysbands, and ten girlsbands, one or more people from every band and you've got 30 people. We know it's a lot, so we rented this house from a nice guy who prefers to stay anonymous. You'll have all the facilities needed for your every day life and for your idol life. Which means: two recording studios, a ball room with a stage, a lot of instruments, but you can bring yours if you want to, there will be plenty of space in the music hall ; a room we called the saloon, where you'll get to change outfits and do your make up stuff for your stages, and a camera room where you will have to go once a day to talk about you're feelings and all. For today, my colleagues are going to give you a paper where all the rules are written on it. It would be nice if you learned them by heart, and not bring the paper on the first day of your stay. After this meeting, you will all go home, prepare your luggages, and in the mean time, someone from the staff will come and tape you, to show to the public how you are feeling for the variety program. As you see, we put in a lot of effort and investment for it, so we hope that you will cooperate and play along the game. »

 

So it wasn't the day of moving out, but more like a presentation day. Then, a door I didn't notice was there, opened behind Yong Gi and we were all hushed in a beautiful space that was decorated with lots of colorful lights. Two long tables were set at the far end of the room and there were loaded with food. And alcohol. Ok, I rectify, it wasn't the day of moving out nor presentation, but more like a coktail.

 

Since I was starving, I went straight to the buffet, taking a plate, and putting everything in it. For an idol who has to keep her body in shape, I tend to eat a lot. And never gain weight. Not only did I had a fast metabolism but I worked out a lot to burn all the calories I was eating everyday. There were no way in hell that I was going to stop eating. Better work out like a mad man than stop eating. As usual, I was the first person to come to the buffet and the last person to leave it. When I finished filling my plate, I looked for Yuna, but she was laughing with Kim Bo A from Spica, so I left the fake two blondes stay between leaders and tried to find myself a spot to eat in peace. I didn't had any idol friend. My only friends were in my band, or totally anonymous to the idol world. I was thoroughly searching for the ingredients used for the open sandwiches, when two people I didn't expect came to talk to me.

 

« Hey, what's up ? We never had the chance to meet, if I remember correctly », said Hyung Shik from ZE :A, and his friend Siwan replied, « of course not, dude, otherwise I would have had a selfie with her, you know how obsessed I am with her voice. »