Chapter 2

Sacrifice ~ 3rd Arc of Cursed Series~

A/N: I apologize for super late update. I was having writer block on this fic but I smashed the wall down XD If you're still reading this fic, thanks a lot. I'll finish this fic, don't worry. Anyway, like always, comments are gold, enjoy~ 

Chapter 2

“I don’t get it,” Jaejoong finally said after holding the compass for a while,” There’s nothing changed except the compass keeps rotating around without stopping.”

“Hyung, are you still hungry?” Changmin asked, only to receive a disapproving look from his older half-brother. Junsu patted Changmin’s shoulder as the youngest one swallowed his food silently. Changmin preferred to stock food into his stomach to prevent himself from starving again than dealing with slightly irritated Jaejoong. After all, he knew someone else would deal with the issue.

“Calm down, Jaejoong,” Yoochun said,” It’s working; we just need to figure out what this means.”

“Yes, Jae,” Yunho agreed,” If the compass doesn’t work, it’ll point North-South like normal compass does. Maybe this’s another clue we need to figure out.”

“…Okay,” Jaejoong sighed,” I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to lash out. I just thought this’ll end soon.”

“And it’ll be, hyung,” Junsu reassured,” Now, finish your breakfast before this food monster eats everything on the table.”

“I’mnotfoodmonster,” Changmin said in one breath as he swallowed his food. Jaejoong smiled as he dug into his breakfast. They’re in a dinner of a gas station, outside the city, just few miles from the junction they transported from the underground prison. There’s almost no one else beside them.

Yoochun and Yunho finished their breakfast first; they decided to check the perimeter. Jaejoong followed as he was full and maybe the compass would work better outside. Junsu and Changmin were still having their eating competition. They ate in silence for a while, too busy munching the food.

“You know, hyung,” Changmin suddenly spoke,” I want all of us to make it out alive of this.”

“Of course we’ll, Changmin,” Junsu said,” Stop saying like you’re not.”

“It’s not me who I’m worried about,” Changmin said as he stopped eating,” It’s Jaejoong hyung.”

“I know,” Junsu finally stopped munching too,” That’s why we’re all here, together, to make sure of that.”

“…I’m full though,” Changmin suddenly confessed.

“What?!” Junsu was stunned,” Shim Changmin, stop playing with me and eat up. There’s no way you’re full just from eight plates of sandwiches and few hamburgers.”

“…I’m full, hyung,” Changmin said again but with an eye contact this time. It’s enough for Junsu to get up and follow the youngest. They walked pass some empty chairs and tables. They soon realized there’s no one else inside beside them. The owner wasn’t even at the counter.

“They’re out there, Min. We need to get out,” Junsu spoke; worried because they could sense something was definitely wrong now.

“It’s too late, hyung,” Changmin said,” They’ve separated us with void. We need to take care of the one here and trust the rest to take the other one. That’s the only way to break this kind of void.”

Junsu gulped; he finally knew what they’re dealing with, Archangel. Junsu had no idea how Changmin realized it but the youngest one did. Deep inside, Junsu also knew who would show up. His gut was proved to be right when the front door burst open and Junho stood there.

“Hyung, get in position,” Changmin said,” I’ll create a diversion for counter attack.”

Junsu nodded; as much as he hated fighting Junho. He needed to get out there and make sure his older brother was okay; along with the big forehead Chunnie and the fun-to-tease Yunho hyung. Junho spoke no word as he suddenly drew his bow.

Arrows were shot as Changmin and Junsu jumped around to avoid the attack. Junho wanted to separate them far enough to take him one by one, but Changmin and Junsu knew better. The half-brothers kept their distance as they attacked in turn.

Junsu used his claws and fangs, Changmin threw his venom dagger. The Archangel didn’t show any emotion as he avoided the attack and drew back few meters away. Junsu got next to Changmin as they waited for another attack. It didn’t come, yet.

“You see,” Junho suddenly spoke,” Yoohwan had this ridiculous idea to find another way to kill your demon and save your vessel. I saw no logic in it so I told him to stop questioning Father. Demons should be all eliminated.”

“But there’s another way!” Junsu shouted,” I’ll make you see it, Junho hyung. Just like how you make me see the world from different perspective before. You said I don’t need to kill, just to protect!”

Junho didn’t respond to that. The Archangel threw another attack. Meanwhile, outside, it’s like nothing was wrong. No one noticed the war inside the dinner. Jaejoong moved the compass around as he followed Yunho and Yoochun from behind. There’s no change and Jaejoong began to wonder if his demonic power broke the compass. He kept his eyes on the thing.

“We should go somewhere safe to figure this out,” Yoochun spoke to Yunho with an eye contact; saying they couldn’t afford to come back to the underground prison for Jaejoong’s sake.

“My place is secure and you can turn on your invincible power, right?” Yunho suggested.

“But I can’t keep it on forever,” Yoochun reminded,” It might not look like it but it’s exhausting to---“

Jaejoong looked up when he couldn’t hear Yoochun finished his sentence, only to be pushed down into the ground. Jaejoong could see the sky but they’re red, in fire.

“Didn’t you turn on your power?!” Yunho’s shout could be heard but Jaejoong couldn’t see him.

“I did!” Yoochun spoke as he got up and helped Jaejoong,” They just penetrated it in one second!”

“They?” Yunho asked as he held his breath, Jaejoong could see clear now the Archangel they fought before was clashing his sword with Yunho’s. It’s Yoohwan but Junho’s figure didn’t appear anywhere.

“Damn it, we’re locked inside his void,” Yoochun cursed as Jaejoong looked back. He could see the dinner they just got out but there’s this membrane that separating it from them. If he didn’t know better, he would storm out to Junsu’s and Changmin’s place; he knew Junho was out there.

Yet, now he had to trust them. Junsu and Changmin would do something to keep Junho busy. For now, Jaejoong needed to help Yoochun and Yunho to fight off Yoohwan and break the void.

“It’s time for your end, demons,” Yoohwan spoke as he pushed Yunho few meters back. The Archangel was ready to clash his sword into Yunho but Yoochun stopped it in time, with his winds. Yoohwan retreated few steps back. The fire on the sky withdrew behind the Archangel.

“Stop, please stop,” Jaejoong finally spoke,” All you want is me, so please don’t hurt them.”

“Jaejoong, you can’t possibly think you can reason with him!” Yoochun spoke,” He’s not Yoohwan we knew, he’s dead---he’s just someone else with same face and body.”

“…That doesn’t matter,” Yoohwan spoke,” All that matter is Father’s order have to be fulfilled.”

Yunho and Yoochun got in front of Jaejoong as fire started to gather around Yoohwan. A burning figure showed up, another followed, and another. Each one of them resembled an angel; the difference was they have six wings each and burning in fire.

“He’s calling the Seraphs…” Jaejoong spoke; he didn’t even know why he knew the heavenly creatures,” We need to stop him before he calls an army of them!”

It’s enough for Yunho to march forward and then his blade turned so big and wiped out three Seraphs in one go. Yoochun slashed the air as his wind blade killed few others. Yet, the speed of their elimination was way slower than the amount of Seraphs coming out from Yoohwan’s fire gate.

If you want to kill that angel, tell them to use the power you gave to them…the Demon King’s voice echoed inside of Jaejoong. He managed to shout the message out before falling on the ground.

“Jaejoong!” Yunho’s voice echoed. Jaejoong wanted to tell Yunho, he’s okay, Yunho should focus on the battle, but he couldn’t. All he knew was Yunho already in front of him, shielding him from the Seraphs heading his way.

One Seraph burnt Yunho’s arm and another one his legs. Jaejoong couldn’t move and only could watch it all as he cried for Yunho to move, to stop shielding him. Yet, Yunho didn’t. Jaejoong watched Yunho eaten by the fire in front of his eyes.

Jaejoong still couldn’t do anything, even after promising himself he wouldn’t let anyone hurt because of him anymore. Crying out, Jaejoong finally managed to reach out, only to touch what’s left of Yunho’s ashes.