Chapter 7

Sacrifice ~ 3rd Arc of Cursed Series~

Chapter 7

Blood splashed over Yunho’s face as he couldn’t fathom what just happened. All he knew his blade cut through Yoochun instead of the Demon King. No, Yunho didn’t even think straight that his attack could harm Jaejoong. He was consumed by the darkness for an instant.

“CHUNNIE!” Junsu’s wails caught everyone attention. Even Junho and Yoohwan didn’t see how fast Yoochun moved. Jaejoong cried out but he couldn’t do a thing; the Demon King smiled through him.

Yunho tried to catch Yoochun before he fell on the ground, but both of them were blown away by the Demon King’s attack. Junsu and Changmin managed to catch them to lessen the impact, but Yoochun wasn’t moving.

“Premonition…” The Demon King laughed,” I’m glad I gave such power to my favorite one! Hahahahaha, this just made everything not boring!”

None of them knew why the Demon King laughed. Changmin was busy closing Yoochun’s chest up to his shoulder. Yunho was frozen; he couldn’t believe what he just did. Yoohwan helped with the healing. Meanwhile, Junsu was crying so badly, calling Yoochun’s name. Junho was the first one to stand up between them and the Demon King, ready if the Demon King suddenly attacked.

“You see? I gave this gift to him for seeing glimpse of future. He had to see what I wanted to do. I was planning to let you kill my current vessel and then moved on to the next one until he’s the last, my favorite one. It just so right to end everything using his hand,” the Demon King’s maddening speech made Junho sick. He threw his arrows surrounding the Demon King until they exploded and the dust covered the air. It hid their presence for a while.

“I need everyone, except Changmin and Yoohwan, they can do the healing! Now!” Junho shouted. Yet, Yunho and Junsu were still frozen on their place. Junho practically dragged Yunho and Junsu with his wings so both of them finally stood next to him.

“This’s no time to be careless, remember our plan. Don’t make his sacrifice in vain,” Junho spoke as he glanced at Yoochun, who’s fighting with what left of his strength. The cut was deep, through the heart and lungs. He wouldn’t make it if he’s a normal human.

“…Chunnie will be fine,” Junsu convinced himself, yet Yunho didn’t say a thing. Junho was the first one launched himself when the Demon King’s figure showed up. Yunho did follow as he used his sword. Junsu used his claws. Their attack was so coordinated as they needed to immobile the Demon King but not too much until killing him.

Then, it happened again. They attacked in turn as they pushed the Demon King back; closer to the Hell Gate. Dark creatures began to flood to their direction as they got even closer. Junsu shredded every creature on his way while Junho helped with his arrow. Yunho was still pushing the Demon King.

It worked for a while but then they’re overwhelmed. They’re pushed back little by little. Junsu had enough; he just wanted things to end. That’s why he summoned his barrier surrounding each creature as Junho shot them. Yunho used his clones to kill the rest of them.

Yet, their speed was still too slow than how the evil creatures merged out from the Hell Gate. Yes, there’s a crack on the gate and it began to open. They needed to do this fast before the gate completely opened because by that time, even Junho’s void wouldn’t be strong enough to contain everything.

“JUST GIVE MY HYUNG BACK ALREADY!” Junsu screamed desperately as he felt a sudden power burst out in front of him. Bunch of chimeras were striving their way but before the creatures could touch them, they’re eaten by another one. Junsu’s eyes had to play a trick because it’s a freaking Cerberus that did that. Junsu knew that time; he was the one who unconsciously told the Cerberus to do so.

Junsu could control Cerberus. Yes, it used to be his nightmare as Hellhound Demon but now, he had overpowered it. Chasing the opportunity, Junsu pushed through the creatures with his newly controlled Cerberus. They made through.

“Leave them to me, please take care of Jaejoong hyung!” Junsu said and it was enough for Junho and Yunho to move forward. They fought with the Demon King again and pushed him with all his strength. Yunho could feel he was on edge; everything began to spin. It’s almost like every time he clashed his sword with the Demon King, part of his power was out. Luckily, he wasn’t alone now.

Junho was chanting spell as suddenly The Four Living Creatures appeared next to him. It helped them to push the Demon King so close to the Hell Gate like none before. Yunho backed up as Junho attacked. Yunho’s sword grew so big until it could split the sea and then it hit the ground.

Everything shook and the Demon King had to retreat back. He was about to give counter attack when blinding light trapped him inside. Band of bright light made a pyramid-shaped cage and the Demon King was right in the middle.

“Now, Jaejoong!!!” Yoochun’s shout wasn’t something each of them expected. Jaejoong could see through his eyes Yoochun was awake and breathing. His wound was almost sealed. Yet, the blood everywhere almost made Jaejoong thought he lost Yoochun for good.

No, Jaejoong had enough of losing. It’s time he ended everything. The Demon King was still struggling but Jaejoong knew he finally got back his body. He could feel the Demon King being forced down inside of him. Then, a force so strong pulled the darkness out of his body.

You’ll die without me! Your body has been customized being with me for centuries!

Jaejoong ignored the Demon King’s warning. He didn’t hesitate to push the darkness out of him. He needed to end everything, no matter what the cost, even himself. He would gladly sacrifice himself if that meant he could end the pain.

White began to engulf Jaejoong’s surrounding. He no longer could feel the darkness. He was standing in nowhere with no one beside him. Everything was just white, yet, it gave Jaejoong a good feeling. He wasn’t afraid. He knew that things finally ended for good.

Taking a deep breath, Jaejoong sat down. He thought back of all the things he had gone through. He had a rather happy life, if he didn’t include the part where Demon King took over him for centuries.

Junsu was the best younger brother Jaejoong could ever hope. He wanted to protect Junsu from the world. Deep inside, he wished Junsu never had to grow up from a spoiled adorable brat. Junsu made Jaejoong smiled with his silliness and loveable act.

Yoochun was his conscience. He knew Yoochun had guided him through so many things. They were there for each other, they balanced each other. He could never wish for more loyal friend than Yoochun had been. Yoochun might be his soulmate.

Changmin was a soul he wished to save and he did. He was just sad he had to add more darkness into his precious half-brother’s life. If Jaejoong could, he would trade his place with Changmin to give Changmin’s better childhood. But then again, that would mean Changmin was the one possessed by the Demon King. No, that would be so wrong.

Yunho…was Jaejoong’s savior. He lost count how many times Yunho protected him. Yunho was almost like air he breathed. He kept Jaejoong alive for so long.  He still could remember how he used to run around and called Yunho ‘Yunnie’ to catch him. Jaejoong knew he wouldn’t be here without Yunho, without each one of them.

Maybe he could finally replay them all now. Jaejoong wouldn’t mind if he didn’t make it. It wasn’t that bad being here in the white room. He could see flashes of his memories played out here and there. It was almost the room was created for him when everything ended.

Oh yeah, Jaejoong did promise with the others they would make it out together.

He might not be able to fulfill that one promise.

It’s not like Jaejoong wanted to die.

He wanted to live but he couldn’t.

At least he wasn’t burning in Hell with the Demon King.

At least, Jaejoong was free.