Chapter 4

Sacrifice ~ 3rd Arc of Cursed Series~

Chapter 4

Two figures were standing on a wide vast room. The floor was wooden and the garden could be seen from where they’re standing as the wooden frame sliding doors were wide open. Cool breeze flew across the room as golden autumn leaves fell.

Suddenly one of them moved, jumping and attacking the other one with his bare hand. The other one bowed down, avoiding the attack. A counter attack was launched but the first figure blocked it. It was almost like they knew each other’s too deep as they could read their opponent movement too well.

It took a while but eventually one of them fell down on the floor, sweating and panting hard. The other stopped his attack right before hitting the neck as the fallen one gave up. Like their routine every day, they bowed and ended their training.

Junsu cursed silently inside his heart when his head wouldn’t stop replaying a memory he wanted to bury; especially when he’s fighting against Archangel who had the same face as the one in his memories. Junho’s face was expressionless; it’s almost like he’s a programmed being, a robot to kill demons.

“Hyung!” Changmin’s voice brought Junsu back in time before Junho’s arrow landed on his feet. Junsu had to pull himself together; he couldn’t die here. Counter attacking, Junsu used his claws to wound the Archangel, only to be blocked by the divine bow. Junho didn’t waste any time as he shot his arrow immediately, gracing Junsu’s arms.

Changmin threw his dagger as Junsu retreated. Unlike his previous attack, the dagger exploded and caused dust to hide their position. Changmin rushed to Junsu’s side as he healed the wound. He noticed Junsu wasn’t the usual Junsu. His eyes were troubled and confused. Changmin knew what caused it but they couldn’t afford to be careless now.

“Hyung, listen to me,” Changmin’s voice echoed inside Junsu’s head; the older one eventually realized Changmin was using his new telepathy power,” I know you don’t want to hurt Junho hyung but we don’t have any choice. It’s either us or him.”

“…I know,” Junsu spoke in his mind,” I’m sorry…”

“Don’t apologize and just get this done with,” Changmin spoke as he pulled Junsu into his arm. For the first time Junsu felt Changmin was acting older than he was. Junsu’s pride was hurt but he was also proud of Changmin. Then, suddenly an idea popped up inside his mind.

Before he could say his plan to Changmin, Junho’s arrow caused them to break apart. Junsu knew what he needed to do. He jumped forward as he avoided Junho’s attack. Changmin almost thought Junsu had lost his mind if he didn’t know better. The older one’s eyes weren’t confused anymore; they’re full of determination to do something.

“Can’t you just die already?” Junho asked in mocking tone as Junsu ignored it. Junho was about to draw another bow before he felt he couldn’t move. A round-shaped ball wrapped the Archangel as Junsu chanted his spell. Changmin didn’t waste the chance; he threw his explosive dagger into the barrier before it closed. Eventually the round barrier cracked as the inner side exploded.

Junsu retreated back to Changmin as they waited for the void around them to fall down, but it didn’t. Suddenly a fire was shot to them as they avoided it. Another attack typical to the first one, but this time it’s ice. It hit Changmin’s arm and froze it up.

“Changmin!” Junsu rushed to Changmin’s side but before he could examine the wound; the younger one forbade him to touch him. There’s frozen ice on Changmin’s right shoulder and slowly, it spread out.

“I’ll do something about this,” Changmin spoke, trying to look okay but Junsu knew better,” We need to deal with that hyung…”

Junsu looked at the way Changmin pointed. There stood a figure bigger than both of them. It had six wings but unlike Seraph, it had four heads; one lion that breathed fire, one eagle that respired ice, one ox that stoned everything it saw and another man who drew a bow. Junho was nowhere to be seen and the Four Creature had somehow taken his place.

“Did Junho hyung just transform into that ugly beast?!” Junsu asked confusedly; he knew his attack wouldn’t cause such transformation. He wondered about Changmin’s blast though.

“I think we defeated Junho hyung,” Changmin spoke,” Or at least we knocked him out and then this creature showed up; it’s like when we’re fighting against final boss in the game, another boss shows up when we think we finish it; Junho hyung’s advantage of being the Archangel’s leader.”

The creature roared as Junsu couldn’t believe his ears. He wondered if Changmin played too much game or if he really knew so much about Archangel. Junsu shook his head, they had bigger problem now. A beast to deal and they still needed to figure out how to break free from this void.

“I’ll do something about that,” Junsu finally said, he didn’t want Changmin to hurt more,” Don’t get too close and heal yourself for now.”

“…Okay,” Changmin agreed as he retreated back and tried to heal his shoulder. The ice fought back his healing but Changmin was winning; he silently thanked Jaejoong to upgrade his power before.

Meanwhile, Junsu jumped forward as the creature attacked with his fire and ice breath. They’re too slow for Junsu; he remembered he was having harder time fighting Junho before. He knocked down the creature as he used his claws to penetrate the creature’s chest; only to discover it didn’t have a heart.

Junsu retreated before the ox’s eyes stared at him and avoided being turned into a stone. The creature was hurt quite badly because Junsu’s attack but it didn’t show any sign of dying; almost like it’s immortal.

“You won’t be able to kill it,” suddenly a voice they knew echoed. A blinding light appeared next to the creature as Junho re-appeared. He wasn’t as glowing as before but he’s unharmed. Junsu and Changmin knew they even had bigger problem now with Junho came back from wherever the Archangel was.

Junsu spoke to Changmin with the youngest one telepathy; Changmin wanted to oppose Junsu’s plan because it’s too dangerous. Yet, they didn’t have any choice; Changmin couldn’t think of another plan that would eventually work out. This would be their best shot.

Taking a deep breath, Junsu closed his eyes. Junho threw an arrow toward Junsu, only to be blocked by Changmin’s dagger. The youngest one’s shoulder had healed and he’s more than capable to fight now. Changmin threw another dagger to keep Junho busy as Junsu suddenly jumped forward to the creature.

Junsu kept jumping around the creature as his claws marked his landing. The creature tried to catch him but he’s too fast. Roaring in anger, the creature launched itself toward Junsu. Before it managed to touch Junsu, it stopped moving. Another round-shaped barrier appeared from the ground Junsu had marked and caged the creature in. Changmin threw another explosive dagger in on Junsu’s signal as the creature exploded into nothingness.

The surprise attack got the Archangel careless enough to be graced by Changmin’s another dagger. This time, it’s not the explosive dagger, but the venomous one. Struggling to keep his aiming straight, Junho fired toward Junsu. Changmin knew he didn’t need to do anything about the attack as the arrow landed few feet next to Junsu. The Archangel couldn’t keep his feet straight as he began to lose his glow.

“What did you do?!” Junho asked in anger as he couldn’t see a thing. He was never being blind by an attack before; he didn’t expect an attack from mere demon could make him like this. It was almost like, Junho was afraid he would meet his end, disgracefully by these demons. No, he couldn’t.

“Junho hyung,” Junsu’s voice echoed as Junho moved around shooting his arrow nowhere. He lost his steps on the rubble and was about to hit the ground when he felt someone was holding him.

“It’s okay,” Junsu’s voice echoed as Junho lost grip of his bow; Junho was scared, he couldn’t believe how scared he was,” We’re not going to hurt you. Please let the void down and then we’ll talk.”

Junho knew how demon sweet talked. He wouldn’t let them win but he knew he didn’t have any choice. No wait, he had Yoohwan nearby. In haste, he called for Yoohwan to come and luckily he was answered. Junho waited and played like the demons wanted.

“I’ll let the void down,” Junho finally spoke,” In one condition, stay few meters away from me.”

Junsu was obviously hurt by the request but he did it. Changmin considered smacking some sense into the Archangel but he stopped himself. They had enough damage for now. So they waited as the void slowly disappeared from the top.

Another white wings spread on the sky and Changmin was about to throw one of his venomous dagger when he saw Yoochun was being carried by Yoohwan. It’s almost ridiculous and both Changmin and Junsu had to surpress their laughter; causing Junho to wonder what the hell going on.

“Junho hyung, we need to talk,” Yoohwan spoke and it’s enough for Junho to know his only hope had switched side. He would be doomed for all he was scared of but he would never work with demons.

------------------------------

P.S. I'm not in my best shape now but I hope the fighting scene makes sense. What I want to emphasize is Junho hated demon and he had no memories of Junsu and others, which will explored further on the next chapter. Like always, comments are love^^