Chapter 9

Sacrifice ~ 3rd Arc of Cursed Series~

Chapter 9

Yunho felt a little bit overwhelmed. Okay, maybe he’s just not used to have many people living together with him for so long. He wasn’t feeling so lonely anymore now; at least that’s a plus. Anyway, he still couldn’t get how Changmin could finish his fridge content in one day, how Junsu could play his PlayStation 4 until it broke down, how Yoochun could practically sleep anywhere including inside the bathtub, and how Jaejoong could spend so much money in one shopping spree.

They’re mortal now and they didn’t have their power anymore. That’s why Yunho thought all of them should stop fooling around after a month they defeated the Demon King. Yunho was sure even though he had piled up money in bank, it wouldn’t last to feed the food monster and their mortal life. Yunho had to make his point.

“So guys,” Yunho tried to get everyone’s attention, but Junsu and Changmin were too busy head-butting about the broken PlayStation 4, Yoochun was still asleep on the couch despite the ruckus, and Jaejoong was busy cooking their lunch.

That’s it. Yunho had enough. He walked toward the front door as he turned down the master electricity. It made Junsu and Changmin stopped fighting, Yoochun woke up because the air conditioner stopped showering with cold breeze, and Jaejoong to curse as he messed up cutting his carrot.

“Yunho!” Jaejoong protested but for once, Yunho ignored it. He gave each of them disapproving stare.

“Okay, this’s new, Yunho hyung never looked at us like that,” Junsu immediately said everyone’s thought. The stare stayed and Junsu began to shiver. None of them moved; maybe too afraid they would be kicked out by the owner of the place they lived in.

“So guys, we need to find work,” Yunho finally spoke his point,” We’re human again now and we need to live like a modern human being. It has been a month and I think we have enough freedom doing whatever we wanted. We need to share responsibility.”

“I’ve done mine,” Changmin spoke,” I bought a share two weeks ago after realizing Yunho hyung wouldn’t be able to afford to feed me forever, I mean, for my whole life. The share is growing as we speak.”

The rest gasped. Yunho wanted to face palm himself. He didn’t think of buying share, Changmin was indeed too smart for his own good. But what he meant wasn’t only economically. He meant they had to find something healthy to do; like a job.

“I’m working too,” Yoochun suddenly spoke,” Have you realized I’m always so sleepy during the day? I’ve been working as bartender at nearby bar. The working hours are night time so that’s why I’ve disappearing from time to time on night…But the pay is great and magically, I’m that good at making drinks.”

Oh and Yunho thought Yoochun was having some night life or something like that. Maybe he did think too much. He was just worried what if they’re swallowed up by world’s delight and did nothing with their life. They had been given second chance and Yunho didn’t want them to waste it.

“I’m practically doing all the house chores; cooking, washing dishes, laundry…I’m like everyone’s housewife,” Jaejoong pouted,” It should be enough, right?”

“…Yes, Jaejoong,” Yunho sighed,” It’s just…I’m afraid we’re wasting our second chance doing…nothing…”

“Yunho hyung, we can do whatever we want since  we’re free now,” Junsu spoke up,” Um…I haven’t found what I want to do but I’ll do something so big with my life and make a big difference, like have my name written in history or something like that!”

“Yeah, like the record how you broke Yunho hyung’s PlayStation 4 in three hours,” Changmin smirked as Junsu protested. They ended up bickering again. Yoochun got up from the coach as he went into his own room, probably to sleep. They all had their own room now; Yunho rearranged few things so it would be enough for all of them.

“Let them be brats,” Jaejoong spoke as he walked toward Yunho, smiling,” They deserve it.”

“…Yeah,” Yunho finally smiled as he the master electricity. Soon, the ruckus died as Changmin and Junsu went back playing the broken PlayStation again. Maybe they would be alright after all.

“So, what will you do, Yunho?” Jaejoong asked, still standing in front of Yunho.

“Me? Oh…I’m thinking to go back to my old job,” Yunho spoke,” One of my colleague called few days ago, there’s a job available.”

“Being bodyguard?” Jaejoong asked.

“Yeah…I might not have my power anymore but I still have my hapkido skill. I’m still qualified to be a bodyguard I guess,” Yunho said as he scratched his head; an act Jaejoong knew the man did when he’s not enough confidence. But Jaejoong knew Yunho would do just fine.

“Do you like being bodyguard?” Jaejoong asked again.

“Of course, I mean, I’d be protecting people…It reminds me of old time when my job was only to protect you, Jae. I know this’s silly…” Yunho blushed a bit.

“That’s not silly. Protecting people is just part of you, Yunho,” Jaejoong,” You’ve protected me enough. Now, you should do what you want to do.”

“…Okay,” Yunho nodded as suddenly his stomach growled. Jaejoong chuckled as he went back to cooking, leaving even more blushing Yunho near the door.

Meanwhile, Yoochun was burying himself on his pillow. His room was still dark; Yoochun changed the wallpaper into dark blue and the curtain to thick black fabric. Maybe he really liked dark color; not his Demon’s side fault. Sighing, Yoochun realized he would have long shift tonight. He enjoyed working at the bar but still he rather slept. He just realized how he loved sleep that much.

The thing was he felt like he’s so peaceful when he’s asleep. He couldn’t remember having decent sleep for centuries when he was possessed before. Yeah, that probably happened to all of them. Yet, only Yoochun loved his sleep that much.

He vaguely could hear Junsu’s and Changmin’s voice outside. He smiled at the thought that Junsu could finally act like a brat he used to be. Moreover, Changmin acted like real snarky brat now; something Yoochun couldn’t imagine before. Guess all of them changed, but for better.

Slowly, Yoochun rolled to his bed side and then opened his drawer. There it was; the feather Yoohwan left for him. There’s also letter. He knew Junsu got another one from Junho though he didn’t know the content.

Basically, the feather was like a calling device to the Archangel. Yoochun was tempted to use it for few times but he didn’t. Deep down, he knew Yoohwan would look after them in silence, probably Junho too.

Then, his stomach growled. Yoochun hated it but he eventually got up. He could hear Jaejoong called his name in another few seconds, telling him lunch was ready.

Putting the feather and letter back, Yoochun lazily got up from his bed. He went to the dining table and sat down. The food was ready and he dug in when Jaejoong told them to eat. Junsu and Changmin were bickering about the food now. Yunho was talking to Jaejoong and Yoochun just watched it all.

That’s when Yoochun felt so content. He was happy; they’re happy. Life just couldn’t get better.

Then everything went silent; he realized everyone was looking at him.

“Um, is there something weird in the food, Yoochun ah?” Jaejoong asked worriedly.

“No, why would you think that, Jae?” Yoochun asked.

“Because you’re smiling, hyung,” Changmin spoke,” I mean, you don’t smile that much.”

“I’m just happy,” Yoochun admitted.

“Yes, and I’m happy too,” Junsu joined as he pulled Yoochun into a hug,” I miss being with you Chunnie. Changminnie just seeks too much attention these days.”

“I’m not! You’re the one keeps bothering me, hyung!” Changmin defended.

“Enough both of you! No food if you keep fighting,” Jaejoong declared and then they ate in silence. Yunho couldn’t help but to chuckle at Junsu’s pout. Changmin just buried himself on the food. Yoochun was still smiling. It was almost too perfect to be real but it’s their life from now on.

------------------------------------------
P.S. Next update will be last one, I think...I wanna end it on chapter 10 XD Like always comments are LOVE!