Chapter 6

Sacrifice ~ 3rd Arc of Cursed Series~

Chapter 6

The cold breeze tickled his sensitive skin, but a hellish flame was still burning inside his body. He could feel deep down something was preparing to emerge. He was standing on an abandoned building rooftop and the beautiful orange sky mocked him and the darkness took over the day. Biting his lips, Jaejoong took a deep breath.

He’s alone but he knew deep down he’s not. Everyone was standing by their own position and their plan was supposed to be perfect, especially with Archangels on their side now. Nothing should go wrong. All Jaejoong had to do was to make sure the Demon King couldn’t feel a trace of his thought and feelings when he was possessed.

He could do that; Jaejoong was great at hiding his true feelings; most of it was from practice centuries ago, being a prince and then emperor. Closing his eyes, Jaejoong could feel the bubbling fire almost erupted. Noises started filling the street and he knew it’s almost time.

Yunho’s mass possession worked and he could hear desperate cries and wails beneath him. People were cursing and breaking things. He hated it, but he knew they didn’t have any other choice; this’s the best way with the least victims. He would bear all the sin if that meant they could end this curse.

Circling the angel pendant on his neck, he could feel the metal burnt his skin. Jaejoong smiled to himself before he pulled the pendant off his neck and then the voice started to speak.

You’re running out of time…The Demon King’s voice echoed as Jaejoong opened his eyes. He didn’t respond as he waited and then a maddening laugh blinding his sight and everything went dark. His body was taken over and he didn’t fight back; he just stayed there like the Demon King wanted.

Jaejoong could see the Demon King threw the pendant away as he felt a presence behind him. It wasn’t surprising when he saw Yoochun was bowing behind him. It was according to plan.

“Your Highness, I’ve been waiting for you awakening…” Yoochun spoke in respectful voice as the Demon King walked toward his servant. He patted Yoochun on the shoulder before telling him to get up and asked where the others were.

“They’re preparing for the feast. Each one of them is causing havoc as we speak in the city to produce enough energy for the ceremony,” Yoochun answered, head was still bowing.

“And what ceremony are we talking about?” the Demon King asked using Jaejoong’s voice and it hurt; because Jaejoong had to feel all the sickening emotions through his vein, each one of them.

“Centuries have given me and the others enough wisdom,” Yoochun spoke,” We’ve done our homework as your faithful servant and we know you need a lot of negative energy from human to summon the Hell Gate to end the world.”

“I didn’t know you’ve learnt so much knowledge and courtesy, Yoochun,” the Demon King spoke,” Because few days ago, all of you were still planning to seal me away…”

“I took no part in such thing and I’ve made the others learnt their place,” Yoochun simply said as the Demon King smiled. Jaejoong could feel deep inside the Demon King bought it. It was the right choice to make Yoochun spoke the Demon King alone.

“You’re earning back your place as my favorite one,” the Demon King spoke,” You always know what you’re doing…”

“I’m honored,” Yoochun bowed again. The Demon King waved before he jumped over the building as Yoochun followed. So far, Jaejoong could sense the Demon King didn’t know their plan yet, especially when the Demon King stopped on a wide public park they pointed out as the perfect place for the Demon King to call the Hell Gate. That thing was tremendously huge according to Junho after all.

“Call the others,” the Demon King commanded as Yoochun felt a power bind him inside out. He could feel himself talking to the others using temporary telepathy skill, almost like Changmin’s. But as soon as the message was sent; he lost it. It didn’t take than a minute before Yunho, Junsu, and Changmin came.

“I’ve always dreamt of today,” the Demon King spoke as he moved in circle around his servants,” I have been searching for vessel with good servants and the five of you fit it. You all love each other so much to betray one another. Don’t worry, I won’t hurt Jaejoong. I will even let you speak with him once in a while if you behave.”

“That’s really generous of you, your Highness,” Changmin spoke.

“Yes. Jaejoong hyung is a very important person to us,” Junsu joined in. Yunho didn’t say anything besides bowing in gratitude. It was enough for the Demon King to think he finally got hold of his servants. Jaejoong could sense it deep down.

“Now, it’s time!” the Demon King spoke with such a spiteful voice,” It’s time for me to rein this world and mock the God for creating such imperfect one!”

Jaejoong didn’t know what happened, all he knew the ground shook. The sky was turning pitch dark as thunder echoed everywhere. Rain started to fall heavy and soon flood came out like it was natural. The water didn’t get them, just every single human around them. They knew soon enough the city would be engulfed with is and it wouldn’t take long for the world too. If only it’s the real world.

“Now, the main attraction!” the Demon King spoke as a big door with the same size with a whole building showed up behind him. It was embroidered with a lot of carving. There’re snake, hellhound, and all the hellish being came alive from the door. The huge thing hadn’t even opened yet.

You’re really a naïve one, aren’t you? The Demon King spoke to Jaejoong. Then, Jaejoong could feel the Demon King waved his hand away, but not toward the floating human. It’s directed to no other but Junsu. Jaejoong wanted to scream and warn Junsu but he’s too late.

A bright light bolt from the sky as white wings protected Junsu from the creatures that almost attacked him. It’s no other but Junho. The other Archangel came next to Junho in next second as Yoohwan shot his feather toward the Demon King.

“Void huh? Smart move but it won’t make any difference once the Hell Gate door opens and my lovely creatures will break it and destroy everything!” the Demon King avoided the Archangels’ attack easily.

It was enough for everyone to get into their position and attack the Demon King by turn. Like child play, the Demon King avoided each attack. Jaejoong almost felt like he’s dancing and everything moved in slow motion.

Jaejoong could see Junho’s arrow and Changmin’s dagger flew toward him as his body avoided it easily. Jaejoong could also feel both of his hands moved, waving black shadow to prevent Yoohwan and Yunho to get closer with their sword. Even Junsu’s agility and Yoochun’s sharp winds couldn’t penetrate the Demon King’s defiance.

Jaejoong would feel despair if he didn’t know better. It’s working; he could feel the big door presence was getting closer and closer. Their purpose wasn’t to hurt the Demon King because obviously they would hurt Jaejoong too. Their real intention was to make the Demon King close enough to the Hell Gate so the God’s curse would separate the Demon King from Jaejoong.

Yet, when only few steps left, the Demon King had it enough. He stepped on the ground as it creaked and caused tremendous force strong enough to make everyone scatter around. Junho barely contained his void and it would have been broken if Yoohwan wasn’t there.

It’s time to improvise and they knew attacking together wouldn’t work. Just before they finished making their counter attack using Changmin’s telepathy, the Demon King laughed.

“I’ve seen you never leant,” the Demon King spoke,” Human will always have human’s nature even though you’ve turned them into Demons. Well, I don’t really want to do this but I’ve no choice. I just have to keep the last available vessel. I’ve enough for servants…”

“Get out from Jaejoong, you filthy being!” Yunho bolt out toward the Demon King with his sword.

Then time froze as Yoochun saw and felt it all. Black shadow jumped up from Jaejoong as the body fell lifeless on the ground, throat cut open with Yunho’s sword. Then, Yunho screamed in pain as the shadow entered him, next he also fell on the ground. After that, the Demon King possessed Changmin and then Junsu. Lastly, Yoochun could feel he lost control of his body and everything burnt in hell fire. Junho and Yoohwan had perished with a wave from his hand. The Demon King was inside of him.

It’s a glimpse of their future and Yoochun would do anything to prevent such future to happen. With that, he used all his wind to push himself forward, just right between the Demon King and Yunho’s sword.