Chapter 5

Sacrifice ~ 3rd Arc of Cursed Series~

A/N: So so sorry for constant hiatus here and there, but I'll try to finish this fic this year...Anyway, comments are love as usual.

Chapter 5


Human were created perfect, just like the image of his Father. At least until corruption and temptation swallowed them whole. Demons lured human into sin and Junho always wondered why Demons existed in the first place.

Once he asked Father why Demons existed, Father said it’s for balance. Junho didn’t understand that, but he didn’t dare to question Father. So he did all he was asked and eventually gained recognition for his hard work. Junho became the Highest Archangel.

He thought he would make his Father proud by exterminating bad things on Earth, especially Demons. His hatred for Demons was well known among the Archangel but no one dared to speak of the matter, except Yoohwan.

Junho didn’t like Yoohwan’s softness because the Archangel remembered his past life. Junho knew some of his from Yoohwan and he didn’t like every bit of it. No way would Junho go meddling between Demons and that’s exactly why he never expected to meet his end on Demons’ hand; maybe it’s karma.

“Junho hyung, are you okay?” Junsu’s voice woke Junho from his thought as he looked away. His grand wings weren’t there anymore as he almost looked like a normal human being, sitting inside the dinner, where he’s supposed to eliminate all the Demons for good.

“Hyung, stop being stubborn and help us figure out where the Hell Gate is,” Yoohwan spoke as he almost casually sat next to Jaejoong and examined the compass; he was wearing white knitted sweater and gray pants, not so different than Junho. They were sitting on circle, blended in with other human.

Junho refused to talk. He could see Junsu still eyeing him worriedly. Why would a Demon worry over an Archangel? It’s almost like a joke. He could also sense the others were still wary over him; they should, because Junho would bolt out of here on the first chance he got; he’s outnumbered for now.

“So, you really believe us, Yoohwan?” Yoochun asked, making sure as Yoohwan nodded.

“I’m surprised myself. My angel feathers are complaining because I’m spending a lot of time near demons but I can tolerate that if that means I can end the Demon King’s curse. The tragedy has repeated for long enough,” Yoohwan spoke.

“Wait, does that mean, the Demon King was once sealed?” Yunho asked.

“Yes, I read somewhere at the Heaven’s library. I can only read part of it and none will help our situation. Junho hyung can get full access though since he’s the Highest Archangel,” Yoohwan stated the fact. Everyone eyed Junho and the Highest Archangel had it enough.

“The Demon King escaped hell centuries ago and then he was sealed few times, but not in hell. It was using the same method you did, sealing the Demon King with the vessel. But somehow it always managed to escape or be summoned by other humans because of greed and many other things,” Junho finally spoke for the first time.

“So do you where the Hell Gate?” Jaejoong asked. Junho didn’t answer right away and it was a gravely mistake. The Archangel vaguely felt something touched his mind and stole the answer.

“He knows…” Changmin spoke as the rest were left surprised, even Yoohwan. It almost like Changmin managed to read what’s on Junho’s mind. But they had bigger issue here than Changmin’s power.

“We want to end this, isn’t that what you want?” Yunho asked, joined in persuading Junho.

“All I want is to get out of here and call my army to make each one of you vanish,” Junho spoke.

“Why?” Junsu who had stayed silence all the time finally spoke,” Why can’t we work together to end this? It’s not like we want to be cursed like this, it’s not like I want to be like this. I don’t want anyone dear to me to be hurt again, why can’t you understand that, hyung?!”

Junsu’s outburst left the rest of them speechless. Jaejoong wanted to pull Junsu into his arms, circling his almost-crying younger brother, but Junsu refused. It was the first time Junsu ever refused Jaejoong.

“Junsu, calm do---“ even Yoochun was ignored.

“Shut up! I’m not finished,” Junsu spoke as tears began to spill into his cheek,” I don’t want to fight you. All I want is to get my older brother back and not making the same mistake again. I want to protect people important to me, I don’t want to kill but I’ll if that means I’m protecting them. I want to kill the Demon King as much as you’re Junho hyung! So don’t screw with me calling we’re different and can’t work together because some stupid reason even though we have the same purpose!”

The Highest Archangel’s eyes were fixed at Junsu and he couldn’t really reply. No one could, all of them just turned into stone as Junsu wiped his tears away. Then everything clicked. It’s almost like a rainfall of emotion but flow of memories began to flow into Junho’s mind. It was so foreign but he knew them, deep inside. Junho felt his heart beat for the first time and it was so loud. His chest hurt and before he knew it, he pulled Junsu into his arms and said he’s sorry.

“I’m---I’m so sorry,” Junho couldn’t believe what happened to him. One second before he’s plotting every plan he could think of to kill them but now they felt so precious to him. Junho remembered what happened in his past life and it made him understood how Yoohwan could be so influenced with it. Even Junho couldn’t fight it off.

“Stupid hyung!” Junsu punched Junho’s chest as he wiped the remaining as his tears,” I would have cry the first time we met if that means you’d stop being stubborn and work with us…”

“I…I’ll tell you where the Hell Gate is,” Junho finally spoke as Junsu got up,” But this will be the first and last time I’m tolerating working with Demons…”

“What do you mean---“ Yoohwan couldn’t finish his sentence.

“We might be connected in the past but right now, I and Yoohwan are Archangels and we have duty. Once this’s all over, all of you will return to be human. At least I hope so, that’s why I will no longer be able to---“

“That’s way in the future,” Yoochun butted in, clearly didn’t want to let the Archagel ruined Junsu’s happy smile,” We just need to focus to end this and survive for now…”

“…Of course,” Junho agreed. Junsu nodded excitedly as he got back to his seat.

“So where’s the Hell Gate?” Jaejoong finally asked.

“It’s nowhere but also everywhere,” Junho’s answer didn’t make any sense.

“What do you mean?” Yunho’s turn to ask.

“That’s what I read in the book. My own conclusion from the book is, only the Demon King can summon such thing and it will be on the last moment before he ends the world. He’ll call his servants from Hell to end this world and that’s when the Hell Gate will appear,” Junho explained,” So if you still want to go through your plan, you might end the world if you fail.”

“What if we use your void?” Changmin suggested,” We make the Demon King thinks he’s ending the real world even though it’s not.”

“I’m powerful but I’m not God,” Junho almost choked on Changmin’s ridiculous suggestion but he didn’t say he couldn’t do it,” We can try that but if we fail---“

“Stop talking what if we fail,” Yoohwan spoke,” We’re supposed to be the positive being here.”

“Yes, even I’m being positive here,” Junsu agreed and no one could argue now.

“So let me make a conclusion,” Jaejoong spoke,” We have to make the Demon King thinks he’s ending the world but instead we’re inside Junho’s void, a replica. Then we seal him once the Hell Gate appears. But how can we make he thinks it’s the right time to end the world and play everything like we want?”

“I can do something with that,” Yunho said,” I hate to admit it but I have this power to influence people around me to do…negative things. I might be able to create such negative atmosphere to persuade the Demon King to appear and think it’s the right time.”
“That will cause harm to human,” Junho clearly didn’t like the idea and so was Yoohwan.

“It’ll but I can control it well enough to set a limit so no one will get killed,” Yunho explained,” I don’t like this power myself, I hate it even, but it’s our only option…”

“What do you call this kind of power?” Changmin asked, genuinely curious.

“Mass Possession…” Yunho answered,” I can do mass possession…”