Just Wait For Me

A Crane's Tale

The two males stayed in their embrace. Youngjae's arms locked around Daehyun's neck, sitting on his lap. Youngjae decided to not question the elder's statement.

"S-So....my birthday is coming in a month.. Do you think you can sta-"
"I'm sorry, Jae Jae.. I don't know."
Youngjae's lips turned down in disappointment, pressing his forehead closer to Daehyun's chest.
"Did you not hear what I told you, Youngjae? I was arrested. I did something bad and you still want me here?" Daehyun spoke softly but warningly. Youngjae bit his lip.
"I just.... I just want you to be here. It's almost been 3 years... I missed you so much you have no idea.. I don't care if you did something bad because I know that you're not a bad person. I... I love you, Daehyun."
Daehyun's silence scared Youngjae. He felt tears brim his heavy eyes.
Just as he was about to take back his words, tanned arms gently wrapped around his small waist.
"I love you too, Jae. I promise I will stay."
Youngjae let out a sob and buried himself in Daehyun's chest.
Daehyun pecked his temple and smiled. 
Youngjae finally felt like his shield that he put up so long ago was slowing being cracked open. 
 
~
 
2 years ago
 
After Daehyun was pushed away from Youngjae, he was scared.
He was rejected.
He was heartbroken.
He was gone in a flash. 
Daehyun ran to the front door, sniffling through the tears. He swung the door open and took one look behind.
He couldn't face Youngjae after that.
He wiped his eyes and was out the door. A car was coming towards the house and while Daehyun was running, he saw a glimpse of who it was.
Himchan.
Their eyes met for a split second.
Daehyun ran faster.
The tears blurred his vision but he managed to get as far away from the house as possible.
 
He didn't exactly have a home to go back to.
After all, he's an orphan. 
But Junhong and Jongup were almost like family. 
They helped him get out the orphanage and let him stay at the studio.
Daehyun panted, his steps slowing.
He somehow made it passed the studio and was in a rough part of the town. He mumbled a curse and could almost feel the stares piercing into him. 
A pale hand grabbed his arm and pulled him into the side of a worn down house. Once he looked up at the stranger he was able to get a good look at him. A short male in his mid 20's with blonde hair and dark roots had an annoyed expression.
"Are you suicidal? You're in the crackhead section, brat." 
He let go of Daehyun's arm with a scoff. 
"I-I was just walking home.."
The pale guy chuckled and shoved his hands in his pockets.
"Follow me. My name is Yoongi. You'll be dead if you try to cross them out there."
Daehyun glanced back at the people with worried eyes. Yoongi slapped Daehyun's back, "C'mon brat." 
"My name is Daehyun!!"
"Yeah whatever."
 
"We're almost outta here, are you okay, kid?" Yoongi raised a brow at the frozen Daehyun mid-step in an alleyway
Daehyun realized that he really couldn't go back, but he would have to tell Junhong. 
"I.... don't... I can't go back."
Yoongi stared blankly.
"Why didn't you say that before? Catch up or I'll leave you here."
Yoongi began walking down the watery alleyway. The puddles by Daehyun were muddy and disgusting making him quickly stick with Yoongi.
 
After walking out of the 'bad side', they made it to an apartment complex. 
Yoongi was silent as they made it to a door inside of the complex. 
He shuffled his hand in his pocket and fished out a black key with the letters B.T.S written on it. Yoongi unlocked the door and pushed it open.
The first thing Daehyun saw was a redheaded male happily speedwalking towards the front door. Said male wrapped his arms around Yoongi's neck.
"Hyung~!! I missed you~"
"Hey babe."
Yoongi pecked the redhead's lips.
Daehyun stood out in the hallway while the couple was being annoyingly cute.
Youngjae...
Daehyun stared down at the floor and frowned.
"Oh-! Who's this cutie~?"
Daehyun peered up at the couple to see the redhead's catlike smile.
He blushed as he shyly lowered his head again. 
"His name is Daehyun. He's a wandering lamb."
"Ahh~ so cute. We don't bite! Come in!"
Daehyun shuffled inside and his shoes squeaked on the tiled floors. Yoongi shut the door and slid an arm around the redhead's waist.
"Welcome the newbie." 
Yoongi shout out to a couple of people sitting in the living room.
A curiously cute looking guy peeked his head over the couch to flash Daehyun a boxy smile.
Next a tall guy with silver hair leaned over and smirked, dimples popping out.
"Welcome."
Daehyun is in awe over the elders hair color. He was snapped out of his thoughts when a gentle hand touched his cheek.
"Aigoo~ so cute." A tall guy, almost the same height as the silver hair guy, bent down and pinched his cheek. 
"Jin, leave the poor kid alone." 
The silver hair guy spoke up, making Jin pout and waltz over to sit by the silverhead.
A door opened up and a black haired male hobbled through and sighed. 
"Jungkook! What happened?! You're bleeding!" The guy with the box smile jumped up from the couch and rushed over to Jungkook, gently brushing his bloodied cheek with the tips of his fingers.
Jungkook hissed in pain and the box smile guy embarrassedly mumbled out an apology.
"Tae... I'm fine, just a little cut. Someone didn't like our product."
Daehyun tilted his head in confusion, almost questioning what he meant by 'product'.
Behind Daehyun, Yoongi gave Jungkook a stern look and shook his head. Jungkook got the message and remained silent.
"So, everyone introduce yourself, Hoseok's not here right now but he'll come eventually."
The box smile guy turned from treating Jungkook's cut and smiled at Daehyun.
"I'm Kim Taehyung! And this is Jeon Jungkook."
Daehyun saw the silverhead had his arm around the tall brunette, to which the brunette pecked his cheek.
"Kim Namjoon, leader. And this hot babe is Kim Seokjin, aka Jin."
Jin slapped Namjoon's chest and pouted with a flushed face.
A small hand clasped Daehyun's shoulder and he spun around to see that catlike smile again.
"I'm Park Jimin, and you may already know, this is Min Yoongi."
Jimin laced his fingers together with Yoongi's and giggled happily.
Yoongi was happy.
He had friends.
He had a lover.
Maybe these people could be Daehyun's friends.
Family.
 
A few months later
 
Everything was great.
Namjoon and Jin were like the parents he never had.
Namjoon had even helped Daehyun dye his hair like his, but not without the nagging from Jin to be careful.
Yoongi was like an older brother, almost like Junhong.
It really was the ideal family Daehyun had always wanted. 
Hoseok came a few weeks after his arrival and lifted his spirits.
He finally forgot about Youngjae and all of them.
He was happy.
He was accepted.
 
But it came with a price.
After a few months, Yoongi had told Daehyun that if he didn't want to pay for staying at the apartment, he would have to deliver stuff to certain places. He agreed, of course. He didn't have the money or any money to pay them. 
But he was never told what was inside of the packages.
Curiosity was killing him but he didn't want to lose the only family he had, so he never asked or investigated. So he became the delivery boy.
It went on for a while.
 
It wasn't until it had been a year that he found out.
Till they were all found out. 
The knock on the front door would be the end of Daehyun's happy little daze.
A sleepy Jimin waddled over to the door and opened it with a yawn.
"Who is i-"
An ear piercing scream was heard and everyone jumped up from their beds. Yoongi took action and rushed to the front door.
There were a bunch of policemen surrounding the door and his boyfriend was seen crying on the floor with cuffs binding him.
"JIMIN!!!"
The policemen subdued and cuffed him, throwing the knocked out Yoongi aside by the crying Jimin. 
 
The others knew what was happening.
Except Daehyun.
Taehyung was shaking with sobs and Jungkook and Jin tried to calm him down.
Namjoon and Hoseok were calmly discussing what they should do.
"We can't stay here." Namjoon spoke with a stone cold attitude.
"But they are IN HERE. They probably already took Jimin and Yoongi."
Daehyun rubbed his eyes and stood up from his bed.
"Wuh....What's happenin..."
Jin frowned and bent down to Daehyun's height.
"Hyunnie, I'm sorry we got you in this mess. We didn't intend for it to get this bad. Just know we all love you."
 As Jin finished, the door to their room bursted open and men in police uniforms rushed in and grabbed everyone.
Daehyun's eyes teared up and he watched as his only family walked away in cuffs. Namjoon turned to glance at Daehyun with an apologetic frown. 
A couple of officers surrounded the shaking Daehyun. 
Daehyun panicked and ran out the room.
"NO DAEHYUN DON'T RUN!!!"
He heard Jin cry after him, being held by a number of officers. 
Daehyun ignored them but he was quickly pushed to the ground and cuffed. They shoved Daehyun's face into the ground and he cursed.
Hot tears fell to the cold tiled floor.
 
"So tell me, young man. Did you know about the activities going on in the apartment?"
A detective sat across from him in an interrogation room.
Daehyun stared at his lap.
Maybe if he lied he could stay with his family..
"Yes."
The detective raised an eyebrow.
"So you knew you were delivering illegal drugs?"
Daehyun froze.
Huh... So that's what was in the packages..
He felt numb.
He felt guilty.
"Yes, I knew."
 
A few months later, he found himself in juvenile hall. 
He never once saw his 'family' again.
All he knew and all he would let himself remember was Youngjae.
Youngjae was the only thing getting him through each day. He was Daehyun's hope. Once he would get out, he would see Youngjae. 
Just once he would see him.
 
 
"Youngjae just wait for me."