Your Voice

A Crane's Tale

A/N: Hey! Just a fyi, I will try my best to update as soon as possible for each chapter. Thank you for reading!!

 
 
 
It's been a week since Yongguk had seen the pretty clerk. Ever since that encounter, Himchan would not get off Yongguk's mind. Damn that gorgeous clerk and his charms... 
 
Yongguk was at work, aka recording studio, when he saw him again. He had been working with his long time rapper friend Junhong. They were chatting in the studio when a knock from the door silenced the two men. "Appa! Guess who I saw!" Youngjae swung the door open and ran to his father. 
"Who did you see, Jae?" Junhong poked at the boy with a smile. Youngjae turned to Junhong, practically oozing excitement. "I saw Uncle Uppie and Daehyunnie!" Yongguk and Junhong looked at each other confusedly then stared back at the boy. "Don't you hate Daehyun..?" Yongguk questioned, raising a brow. Youngjae's excitement dispersed almost immediately as his face turned a faint pink. "I-I do... He's a meanie.." He stared down at his shoes and pouted. Yongguk rolled his eyes and Junhong held back a snort. "So what about them?" Youngjae looked up at Junhong and smiled, "They were talking with pretty ahjussi!!" 
 
Yongguk's eyes widened. But Junhong just sat there confused. He turned to Yongguk. "Who is-" Junhong started, but Yongguk silenced him with a sharp glare. "Pretty ahjussi's voice is reaally goood." Yongguk sighs as he begins to interpret what Youngjae meant; he came here to record.  What were you thinking, Yongguk? That it, by some chance, wasn't a complete coincidence? 
 
Youngjae headed towards the door, gesturing for Junhong and Yongguk to follow him. "Pretty ahjussi is this way!" He dashed down the hall, leaving the two men behind. Yongguk and Junhong got up and followed the hyper child. Yongguk not so much, he often slowed down to gather his thoughts, since he was a bit nervous to meet the pretty clerk again.
 
When they finally found where they were, the two saw Daehyun holding Youngjae's hand in front of a closed door, whispering to each other. Once Yongguk and Junhong came into view, Daehyun flashed his crinkling eye smile as he waved to the two adults. Youngjae tried to hide their intertwined fingers but Daehyun held a strong grip. "Jongup hyung is in there talking to pretty hyung." Daehyun happily informed, pointing to the door they were in front of.  "No!! It's not pretty hyung! It's pretty ahjussi, you pabo!!!" Youngjae angrily protested. Daehyun turned to him and stuck out his tongue. Youngjae gasped but mimicked the others actions. 
".........we're just gonna go in, okay?" Junhong ruffled Daehyun's hair and passed them to open the door. He looked behind him and Yongguk was glued where he was. "Yongguk?? Come on man, you have to face your crush sooner or later." Yongguk's head snapped up, "How did you-"
"You're really obvious, you know." Junhong cackled. The elder glared at him but headed towards the door.
 
When the door opened, they were able to see Jongup in pastel green headphones seated in front of the recording booth. But there was someone inside of the recording booth. It was Himchan. His long eyelashes fluttered in determination as raps spilled from his heart, leaving Yongguk speechless. "He really is good." Junhong admitted. 
 
Himchan's voice was gruff and heavy, almost like his own. But when he sang.... You could feel the emotion flow through his words. Himchan pushed the recording booth door open, not noticing the tall figure in front of him until their eyes met. Yongguk stared at Himchan, frozen in place. 
"....Hi." Yongguk mumbled out. A bashful gummy smile crossed his face.
"Hi." Himchan smiled sweetly at the taller male.
 
They sat in the studio for a while, chatting with small smiles. "Can I ask what happened to the mother...?" Himchan asked carefully. "Oh, I adopted Youngjae, I don't- I'm gay." Yongguk looked away, hoping Himchan wouldn't act negatively. 
 
"So you're single?"
 
Yongguk snapped his head towards the male. "Huh...?" Himchan chuckled softly, holding a hand in front of his mouth. 
 
"Nothing, it's nothing."