What's Wrong With Him?

A Crane's Tale

A/N: Short short chapter, sorry! I've been sick and stuff, but now I'm back! I hope you guys enjoy! Comments are very much appreciated!!

 

Youngjae's eyes cracked open and in his half-asleep state, he blinked lazily around the dim room. Two arms wrapped around his waist, pulling him from behind and causing him to gasp in surprise.

"Calm down, Jae.."
Daehyun's warm voice calmed the other, to which he felt his face heat up in embarrassment.
Youngjae slapped the hand slithering down his body. 
"Yahh! Don't try to feel me up, you !!!!"
Daehyun whined and nuzzled the others neck.
"I'm sorry... don't reject me~"
Youngjae huffed as Daehyun rested his chin on his shoulder.
"Your aegyo won't change my mind!"
Daehyun let out a hearty deep chuckle which made Youngjae smile.
He loved Daehyun's laugh.
He loved Daehyun in general.
He was happy.
The door to Youngjae's bedroom swung open and a worried looking Yongguk stood in the doorway.
"Himchan isn't feeling well so you two stay here with him while I'm at work."
Youngjae's mind immediately celebrated to not having to go to school but.... what was wrong with Himchan..?
Daehyun noticed Youngjae's silence and spoke for him.
"Okay, Yongguk hyung. Have a good day at work!"
Daehyun let go of Youngjae to wave at the elder.
The worry in Yongguk's eyes still remained even as the door slammed shut.
Youngjae could tell something was up because his father was never like this. 
"Once my appa leaves, we have to see what's wrong with my eomma,"
Youngjae states in a very serious tone. Daehyun hums in responce, getting out of the bed to grab his clothes. Youngjae turned in the bed, not noticing Daehyun changing in front of him. His face turned red as he realized what he was doing and immediately looked away.
"You nudist! Go change in the bathroom or something!!!"
He could hear Daehyun laughing, "I'm done, JaeJae."
Youngjae hesitated, slowly turning back to face the grinning face of Daehyun.
"Now lets go check on pretty hyung."
 
As they made their way downstairs, a loud noise was heard.
"Eomma? Are you okay?!"
Youngjae rushed down the stairs and followed the sound with Daehyun behind him.
The loud noise had came from the bathroom.
Youngjae quietly padded over to the door and knocked, at this action, it opened up slightly.
He furrowed his brows and pushed the door open, "Eomma....?"
Youngjae's eyes widened at the sight.
Himchan was on his knees over the toilet. The sound of retching made Youngjae jump. 
"Oh my god!!!" Youngjae scrambled over to the shaking figure of Himchan and patted his back. Daehyun's eyes widened as he stood in the doorway.
"Eomma, are you okay??"
Daehyun went on the other side of Himchan, holding out a towel.
"Ai-Aigoo... I don't know, sweetie.. I just felt really nauseous.." Himchan weakly chuckled, grabbing the towel held out for him. "Thank you, Hyunnie.."
Youngjae helped Himchan to his feet and closed the toilet lid for him.
Himchan wiped his mouth on the towel and flushed the toilet.
"Are you two hungry? I-I'll go make breakfast."
Himchan scurried out of the bathroom with a pale face.
Youngjae turned to Daehyun in confusion. The elder just shrugged and followed Himchan.
 
"W-What would you two like...?"
Daehyun and Youngjae walked into the kitchen with hesitant frowns.
"Um... Eomma.. We can make it ourselves if you're not feeling well-"
"NO! N-No, I'm fine!!"
Himchan slipped on a pink apron and rummaged through the refrigerator.
"....what would you two like..?"
Daehyun sat down at the dining room table, pulling Youngjae into the seat next to him.
"Bacon."
Himchan froze, and with an even paler face, he turned back to them with a forced smile.
"We just r-ran out." 
Youngjae furrowed his brows.
But we just bought some yesterday...
Daehyun shrugged and placed a hand on Youngjae's knee.
"How about pancakes?"
Himchan quickly got to work putting out the ingredients. 
The couple was confused at how Himchan was acting but chose to ignore it. 
Youngjae felt Daehyun lace their fingers together and he blushed.
Daehyun gave his hand a squeeze and shot him a warm smile.
The sizzling of the batter on the hot pan snapped the couple out of their lovey moment.
Youngjae started to get frustrated. 
"Eomma, are you sure you're alright..?"
Himchan flipped the pancakes, eliciting a loud sizzle from the pan.
The elder ignored his question and slid the pancakes onto two plates.
Himchan placed the plates in front of the couple and smiled weakly.
Himchan made eye contact with a concerned looking Youngjae and chuckled airily.
He looked away and sped into his shared bedroom with Yongguk.
Daehyun squeezed Youngjae's hand, momentarily snapping the other out of his daze on the shut bedroom door.
"Maybe hyung doesn't want to talk about it now. He'll talk later, I'm sure of it."
Youngjae nodded absentmindedly and let his eyes wander to the steaming plate in front of him.
"Let's just eat."
 
Youngjae had already went ahead upstairs after he finished Himchan's pancakes, wanting to go let his thoughts rest.
Daehyun was finishing up his plate of pancakes when the door of a bedroom creaked open.
Daehyun's head snapped towards the door in alert, and to his surprise, Himchan's head popped out.
The elder spotted Daehyun and let out a sigh of relief.
He rushed over to the table with a hurried expression.
"Hyunnie, I reaaaally need your help!"
Daehyun put down his fork and hummed in reply.
"I need you to go out and get something for me..."
Himchan bit his lip and slid some money over to Daehyun.
"It's just one little task~ Please~?"
Himchan's lips were set in a cute pout.
Daehyun gave up and picked up the money.
"Fine. But you better explain what the hell is happening. You're scaring everyone."
Himchan grinned ear to ear, leaning on the table.
"In due time, sweetie."