A Home

A Crane's Tale

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I've been busy, but I finally finished this chapter! Yaaay! Anyways- so this chapter starts right after Yongguk opens the door for Daehyun. Comments are appreciated!! Enjoy!!!

 

Yongguk watched in fear as Daehyun and Youngjae ran upstairs, knowing that Himchan would flip his . 

Himchan walked out of their shared bedroom and smiled at his husband.
"Bbang~" He pecked Yongguk's lips and giggled as strong arms wrapped around his waist. Himchan tilted his head to the side and squinted suspiciously.
"Who was at the door?" 
Yongguk paled, "O-One of Youngjae's friends.."
Himchan hummed and pecked his lips once more before slipping out of Yongguk's grip to go into the kitchen.
"I'll bring up some coffee for Youngjae's friend, then."
Yongguk knew that Himchan just wanted to see who it was, and he sighed. 
Yongguk shuffled to the couch and sat down, shutting his eyes. 
He listened as Himchan hummed his way to the stairs.
The stairs creaked each step Himchan took.
After a while, Yongguk heard a scream and the sound of a door slamming. 
It soon followed with the rushing of footsteps coming down the stairs.
He heard angry stomps from behind him and frowned.
"What the HELL, Yongguk?!!! You let a criminal into our house?!!"
Yongguk's eyes flashed open and he turned to Himchan.
"Himchan. Don't call him that."
Himchan huffed and stomped over to sit beside his husband on the couch. 
"We shouldn't have kept it from him.."
Yongguk ran a hand through his hair.
Himchan shook his head and placed a hand on Yongguk's chest. "If he would've found out what Daehyun did from the news, Youngjae would've never forgiven him."
Yongguk stared at his husband in thought.
"He will stay here."
Himchan pouted, his lips adorably sticking out. Yongguk leaned forward to peck Himchan's lips. He responded by gripping the elder's shirt and kissing back. A breathless 'okay' mumbled out from Himchan during the kiss.
 
~
 
"... And that's why I was gone for 2 years."
Youngjae stared at Daehyun in disbelief, his eyes had to at least be the size of plates by this point. They were seated on the ground, sitting face to face.
"I never knew you were an orphan.. Come to think of it.... I never did see your parents at the studio..."
Daehyun stared down at his lap shamefully. 
"Well technically... Junhong hyung and Jongup hyung were sort of my parents, I guess."
Youngjae his lips in thought and furrowed his eyebrows.
"Then why didn't you go to the studio rather than the crackhead section..." 
Daehyun chuckled emptily.
"I wanted to be alone. My heart hurt too much and I didn't want to bother them. But after a while, when I was with my new family, I sent them a message. A message telling them that I needed space and that someone is taking care of me. I'm guessing they understood, otherwise there would be missing posters everywhere." 
Youngjae frowned and pulled his knees up to his chest. 
"I'm... sorry.. Daehyun."
Daehyun looked up at the gloomy Youngjae.
"What?"
"I pushed you away. I-I liked you even back then... but I just thought we should've waited longer...."
Daehyun grew quiet, his gaze on Youngjae never breaking. 
"...are you being serious..?"
It came out as whisper which made Youngjae strain to hear what he had said.
"I.... Yes."
Daehyun's gaze dropped to the floor again. His heart felt lighter, as if the weight of rejection that had placed itself above his heart many those year ago had suddenly vanished. He couldn't control the happy smile that bloomed across his face. 
"Yah! Why are you smiling?"
Youngjae couldn't even hold back the playfulness in his tone and he slapped the now chuckling Daehyun.
Daehyun's happiness was his happiness. 
"I just- I realized that I could've saved myself two years away from you if I would've just listened to your reasons.. I could've...... We could've.."
Youngjae scooted closer to the shocked Daehyun. Their knees hit together gently and Youngjae placed a gentle hand on Daehyun's thigh.
"The past is behind us. Just think about now," 
Daehyun's eyes met with the younger. Youngjae shot him a soft look. 
Daehyun didn't realize how close their faces had been until Youngjae's faint breath tickled his lips. 
Daehyun's eyes flickered down at Youngjae's willingly parted lips.
He captured the younger's lips in a sweet kiss. Daehyun held the hand that was planted on his thigh and laced their fingers together.
Youngjae gasped out a moan and pulled back. They panted softly, foreheads resting against each other. 
"Stay here with me. I will ask my parents to let you stay here."
Youngjae's voice was stern but laced with sadness. Daehyun frowned at this. His eyes shut closed as the mood changed.
"Okay."
The door to Youngjae's bedroom swung open again and they parted from each other to see who it was.
Youngjae squinted. 
It was Himchan.
"What's wrong, Eomma?"
Himchan was standing stiffly at the doorway. He breathed in and spoke, "He will stay here."
The words were forcefully pushed out from the elder, which meant that Yongguk most likely made him say it against his will.
Daehyun's eyebrows rose at Himchan's statement. He pointed at himself in disbelief.
"Me..?"
Himchan's eyes flicked to the silverhead and his jaw tightened.
"Yes... Jung Daehyun." 
The name was spit out like poison. Daehyun instinctively scooted away from Youngjae, who's glare only intensified towards the adult.
"You will stay with Youngjae... in his- BBANG~!!" 
Two arms wrapped itself around the flustered Himchan. Yongguk's grinning face came into view as he rested his chin on his husband's shoulder. 
"Daehyun come out in the hallway so we can talk to you. Privately."
Daehyun looked over at Youngjae then turned back to the couple, nodding. 
 
As the bedroom door closed behind Daehyun, Himchan's pouting grew louder. Yongguk only chuckled at his cute husband. 
"Listen Daehyun, you can sleep with Youngjae-"
"NOT IN THAT WAY, BBANG!"
"-You can use the same bed as Youngjae but we will have to tell Junhong and Jongup that you're here, after all they were the ones who-"
Daehyun's eyes darkened.
Junhong and Jongup...
He snapped at Yongguk before he could say it.
"-who got me out. Yeah. And judging by Himchan hyung's reaction, I'm guessing he decided to actually believe the nonsense that they spouted on the news about my case."
Himchan's eyes widened in shock.
He didn't expect Daehyun to snap like that. Nor did Yongguk.
Yongguk let go of his husband and stood in front of Daehyun.
"He doesn't know everything and refuses to believe that you left Junhong and Jongup for some drug dealer family." 
Yoongi, Namjoon, Hoseok, Taehyung, Jungkook, Jimin........
Jin. 
"You have no right to talk about them like that," Daehyun was fuming with anger.
"They were my family, not a group of savages.... They made me feel loved. Even though I didn't really do the crime, I even lied so I could be with them- which didn't even work..."
Yongguk ruffled Daehyun's fluffy silver hair.
"I'm sorry, Daehyun."
Himchan's guilt stricken face popped out from behind Yongguk's back.
"...I'm... sorry too. I shouldn't have made assumptions like that.."
Daehyun could feel tears stinging his eyes. Himchan came from behind Yongguk, feeling his motherly instincts kicking in, he pulled Daehyun into a warm hug.
"Aigoo~ it's okay Hyunnie..."
Yongguk wrapped his arms around the both of them and smiled.
 
"If not Junhong or Jongup, let us be your family."
 
The tears flowed down Daehyun's flushed cheeks and small sobs shook his body. He nuzzled his head in Himchan's chest. The elder cooed and rubbed his back. 
The feeling of warmth filled his heart and the tears only increased.
A family. 
 
 
A place to call home.