Who Is It?

A Crane's Tale

Youngjae seemed to be not so grumpy ever since that day in the studio. That day....

Yongguk finally talked to the pretty clerk. 
Yongguk couldn't stop smiling because of that damn pretty clerk.
 
~
 
Today was the day that Yongguk would man up and ask Himchan out. He ran a shaky hand through his hair, his nerves getting to him. "Appa you look handsome! Where are you going?" Youngjae walked into his fathers room with sparkling eyes. Yongguk turned to his son, smiling faintly. "I'm going to go ask Himchan if he wants to have dinner with me." Youngjae tilts his head to the side. Yongguk stepped away from the mirror and ruffled Youngjae's hair, making his son smile. 
 
"I invited Daehyun over later today. He kept asking to see you." Youngjae froze, his smile twitching, leaving him to stare at his father. "W-What? But I don't even.... I don't even like him!" Youngjae growled. Yongguk bellowed out a laugh, seeing through his act. "Don't think I didn't see what you did that day. You two are cute, you should at least give him a chance." 
Youngjae's face turned pink and he stared at the floor. Yongguk took one last glance in the mirror before leaving, "C'mon Youngjae, lets go get you a slice of cake." Youngjae ran to get his shoes, leaving Yongguk to chuckle alone in his room.
 
~
 
Yongguk's hands were sweating in Youngjae's hand as they made their way to the shop that started it all. 
Yongguk smiled. The shop was as pristine as ever, Yongguk noted as they walked into the shop. Youngjae's eyes widened at the new display of cakes, slipping out of his fathers grasp to view them. The shop was empty, not even the clerk was in sight. 
Yongguk walked up to the gray counter and placed a hand on the cool surface. Out the corner of his eye, he saw movement from the door behind the counter, making him stare in the direction of the movement. He glanced over to Youngjae, seeing him still ogling over the display. He walked to the left side of the counter to get closer until he heard voices coming from inside. The voices were muffled, but understandable. 
"Jaehyo, stop it~" 
Yongguk immediately knew who it was and froze. Himchan. 
He listened as the door thumped and the voices continued talking.
"Jaehyo! I think there's someone out there- we can't- ohh..."
A moan was heard, making Yongguk's happy mood quickly vanish. His emotionless gaze bore into the shaking door. His heart was crushing underneath a heavy weight, making him hurry to grab his son's hand and walk towards the exit. 
"Let's go, Youngjae."
Youngjae stared up at his father and tried to pull his hand away. "But appa! You said I could get a-" Yongguk stopped walking and gave his son a stern look.
"We have to go. Now." 
Youngjae gulped, nodding his head as he was pulled towards he exit.
 
~
 
A hard knock from the door startled Youngjae, who was currently laying on the couch. He rubbed his droopy eyes and jumped up from the couch to answer the door. Youngjae yawned and unlocked the door, swinging it open to be face to face with none other than Jung Daehyun himself. 
"Daehyunnie?" 
Daehyun smiled brightly and hugged Youngjae's center. Youngjae blushed as Daehyun nuzzled his face in the youngers neck. "D-Daehyunnie, I need to c-close the door.." 
Daehyun released him from his hold, letting Youngjae go close the door. Daehyun stared at his couch and squinted. He looked around confusedly. Youngjae noticed his confusion and when he locked the door, he asked, "..Is something wrong....?" Daehyun hummed in thought, "Where's your dad?" Youngjae looked down sadly and sighed, "Me and Appa went to get cheesecake but when I was about to pick one out he made us leave in a rush. And now he won't come out of his room." 
Daehyun turned to Youngjae and reached out to grab his hand. Youngjae hesitantly looked up as Daehyun pulled him to the couch. As they sat down, Daehyun gently intertwined their fingers. "Was someone there that he didn't like?"
Daehyun asked softly. Youngjae shrugged, "There wasn't anyone in there but he did mention before we left that he was gonna ask pretty ahjussi out to dinner. But not even pretty ahjussi was there!" Daehyun looked away, humming in thought. "Maybe something came up and he needed to leave...? I don't know, JaeJae." Daehyun frowned and watched Youngjae sigh with his head leaned back on the couch.
"I don't know either."