Channeling Angels In

Timeless

 She was going onto her third cigarette, the stick growing smaller my each prolonged drag, the chilly midnight air running through her hands. The skyline was filled with artificial lights, a dark blanket covering the entire city with nothing but the moon to light it up. A bunch of cars were driving on the highway beneath the suite, polluting the air, and there wasn’t a single human outside, and Tiffany wondered how a city could look so crowded yet lonesome at the same time.

Her hand was about to toss the half-finished cigarette to the ground, but she stopped momentarily in thought. The city was lit up yet too dark for her liking, too ugly despite its beautiful décor and she wondered if she even had the right to taint it even further.

Midnight gave her weird thoughts that were non sense. She tossed the cigarette, and inhaled the humid a total of two times before turning around to walk inside the empty suite. Her eyes were oddly enough awake, her mind was tired, but her body seemed fully aware of everything.

Another minute passed with nothing, Tiffany shrugged of her jacket, and then a knock echoed through the room. It was faint, subtle, yet it sounded as if it was the only sound she was bound to hear. She walked towards the door in casual strides; she tried to feel nothing and ignore whatever excitement that was there, because they both knew what she was here for.

“Took you long enough,” Jessica said as she walked in without a proper greeting. Tiffany wanted to scoff by her brash entrance, muttering about impatience, before she closed the door hastily. Even if she doubted there’d be any paparazzi outside this hour, she could never be too sure, because they had always been pesky flies on the walls.

“It took two seconds,” Tiffany retorted, watching the other woman shrug off her jacket and toss it on the chair nearby. She had her hair loose, and the faint light above them made her seem even more unreal for a reason. It was as if she was there and not at the same time; like a fragment of Tiffany’s imagination that she had forgotten for a while and suddenly got remembered of again.

Tiffany was about to ask how Jessica even found the room at all; and she would have, but before she could there was a certain look in the brunette’s eyes that told her to hush. Jessica had this odd yet too alluring aura to her that moment, her slim legs in a pair of denim shorts and a sheer top underneath a jacket that left little to the imagination.

So Tiffany obeyed the silence for a split second, she didn’t know why she did it however, she wasn’t entitled to do anything in that moment. They stayed still for a moment, just waiting for something to happen again like any other time.

“You know how to get around,” Tiffany commented then, watching Jessica let out a small smirk before taking a step forward, hands in her back pocket, about an arm’s length away. She was close enough for her to drag her closer, yet kept her distance.

She let out a short chuckle before replying. “You learn a thing or two out there,” Jessica began then, her eyes containing a certain spark Tiffany had seen in so many other eyes before. “I was surprised when I heard you guys on the radio not too long ago,” she continued and changed the subject completely. “So you guys actually did make it.”

Tiffany nodded then, fleetingly thinking about the past events that happened in the last couple of years that lead them to where they both were standing in that moment. She noticed that Jessica seemed pretty much like the same, pretty stranger she met back in LA. That girl who she thought she forgot, but as they were standing there and simply looking at each other, she wondered how much she forgot after all.

“May I ask, are you still not gay?” Tiffany had to ask then, wondering what the brunette would say this time around, glancing down at her body before looking into her eyes again.

Jessica said nothing, but then again they didn’t really need words, because in the next moment Tiffany was pressed closer to her in a second. And that second lead to a kiss there, a hand there and a clothing item off there before the longing became too much and they fell into a pit of nothing but wild-driven lust and want. She wasn’t sure when they even landed on the bed, or how they tossed a pillow and threw the lamp off the table at the same time, but she felt the heat and the soft skin again and suddenly nothing mattered anymore.

“I’m not saying that I am,” Jessica whispered hotly with half her clothes off, a good while after the question that Tiffany barely remembered. “But it’s a new age now, everyone does everyone,” she continued absentmindedly with her hands on Tiffany’s torso; her fingers surprisingly cool in the hot summer night, her lips placing open mouthed kisses on her neck. Jessica’s actions appeared to be what Tiffany thought she was; impatient, hasty, as if they had no time to waste even though they had nothing to escape or run to.

“Besides, if it’s only one person, does that make me a full-fledged lesbian?” her voice became huskier for a while, her lips moving down Tiffany’s torso in a way more confident manner than what she remembered. Speaking for remembering, she honestly couldn’t even think of the last time she felt so on the edge, her back nearly wanting to arch by all the touches and kisses.

“No,” Tiffany agreed then, but she didn’t at the same time. “Then you wouldn’t have slept with men at all,” she continued. She would have retorted with more, but she was hushed by a hard kiss to her lips, one that clearly wanted her to shut up and would probably bruise. Nevertheless her whole opinion was swallowed with the last of her patience to wait, letting her hands touch and grasp, closing her eyes to enjoy the moment.

Whatever was said later became a blur, too many hot moments for her to think properly, and if you were to ask her about anything she’d probably know nothing. The pleasure spread throughout her body like bubbles through her veins, over her hips and up to her lungs, making her let out sounds she didn’t even register, and for a moment her legs felt too heavy for her to function.

There’s a sheer layer of sweat on both of them, mostly due to the sizzling Australian air and the fact that the air-conditioner wasn’t working, but also because of the wild and hot that left them both in a short lived daze with no words shared between them. Jessica lied down beside her, and it took Tiffany less than a minute to light up another cigarette from her position.

“One day you’re going to die of lung cancer,” Jessica shared after a moment, when both of them had regained their normal breathing. Tiffany turned around to look at her slowly, letting out a puff of smoke towards her direction, making the image of Jessica a bit disoriented for a while. A faint cough emitted from her small lips, her hand waving away the smoke with a scowl on her face. “That was not an invitation to suffocate me.”

Tiffany couldn’t help the chuckle that arose from her slightly dry throat, and her voice sounded too husky compared to the usual. “I had no idea you were into that kind of stuff, Princess,” she said before taking another drag, quirking her eyebrows up suggestively, only to earn a light hit from the woman beside her.

“How are those things anyway?” the pale girl asked then, her eyes showing a faintness of curiosity in them, but overall not impressed. Tiffany only smiled softly then, shaking her head by the question.

“They’re fantastic when you need them,” she retorted before passing the cigarette over to Jessica, only to see her even more dumbstruck expression. Tiffany only nudged her shoulder to awake her attention, where her eyes were only focused on the dying flame that had ended up in her hands. “Try it, if you’re so curious.”

Jessica only gave her a slightly horrified look. “I am by no means going to start smoking,” she said, but there was something hidden beneath her expression. She appeared to be torn between doing it or not.

“You don’t have to make a habit of it,” Tiffany informed then. “But I’m just saying you weren’t gay two years ago and you’ve ed me twice, so you might as well try smoking and get that over with.”

That seemed to shut the ever so snarky woman off, her pink lips in a soft line, her eyes still looking at the stick before cautiously bringing it to . It took a moment, but she let it pass between her lips for her to take a cautious drag. Her movements were as fast and uncoordinated as her, but the way she wrapped her lips around the stick, faded lip stick and red bites down her neck, she looked kind of attractive while doing it. Her pale fingers held it in place coolly, her eyes a bit hooded but still open, and the yellowing light on her skin made her seem even more striking.

As Tiffany expected, it didn’t take long before she started coughing however, smoke escaping her lips and even her nose in a way that wasn’t as attractive as the way she held the cigarette. Her eyes began to water a bit, probably due to the sudden inhale which she wasn’t supposed to do, hastily returning it back to Tiffany’s hands.

“That was disgusting,” she began, coughing a bit in the mean time with her hand on her bare chest which was lightly concealed by the messy sheets and covers. There was a bracelet on her wrist, held on with a metal lock, blue stones covering the band, although there was a metallic piece hanging to it. “I’m never doing that again,” Jessica continued. She let her hand down again with the bracelet out of her sight.

“Fine by me,” Tiffany said before taking the last drag, turning it into ashes before killing it off in the ash tray by the bed.  That meant more smoke to herself, which she didn’t mind at all. “Smoking kills you,” she shared and it sounded so ironic because she wasn’t the one supposed to give lessons about health.

Jessica scoffed then. “That’s what I just told you, jackass,” she retorted, but her voice didn’t sound to mean any harm. Lightly adjusting her position on the queen sized bed, Tiffany sat up a bit straighter as the digital clock symbolized it was soon going to be the break of dawn. She remembered that they were going to catch a plane in six hours, and they’d have to be out of the hotel before then.

“I’ve got to catch a plane soon,” she said then, turning her gaze over to Jessica’s eyes that looked back at her. “So you gotta be out of here by an hour,” Tiffany meant to sound a bit stricter, but whatever her lips were saying seemed to deceive her a little. Her lips moved down to kiss her lips instead of asking her to actually leave, not wanting to resist the offer because it had been a while since she had ever engaged in ual relations.

A while later she had her guitar in her hand, tuning it slightly while wearing one of her oversized t-shirts. She preferred them over pajama sets, or sometimes nothing at all and always had a bunch of them lying around. Jessica had taken the liberty to borrow one of her white ones, sitting on the edge of the bed, Tiffany on the chair in front of it which was directed towards the huge window.

The sky was turning into an orange and pink image, the sun on its way up with the city lights turning themselves off one by one. It became lighter outside, and it reminded her of the mornings back in LA when she was just a youngster without an education trying to make it through gigs.

She strummed a set of notes on her guitar, a melody she’d had on her mind for a while with no lyrics to match. Her voice would always hum along however, making its own melody, running over and over her head.

“That’s a nice piece,” Jessica said then in the midst of Tiffany’s random guitar break. When she asked if Tiffany composed it herself, she only nodded, although her frustration with not finding the words to sing must have been evident.

“Write a song about me then,” the golden brunette teased with her hands on her lap and unreadable smirk on her lips. The action earned a light kick from Tiffany’s direction, a light laugh escaping her lips as she continued to play. Oddly enough she wasn’t tired one bit, despite not having earned a wink of sleep, her mind pretty much awake.

Tiffany sang a few random adlibs, soft for her voice to handle, yet strong enough to be heard. She didn’t mind, singing and playing let her mind off things, and Jessica didn’t seem to mind.

“I’ve seen the world, lit it up as my stage now,” she made up the words then and there, singing along to the melody she had always thought of, her eyes casted on the rising sun outside.

She wasn’t looking at Jessica in that moment, but she knew that the brunette was looking at her. It wasn’t hard to imagine, as she continued to strum the notes on her mind. The outside world worked as a sort of inspiration, her mind awakening hundreds of images although she couldn’t really connect one another. She came to think of the crazy days back in LA again.

“Channeling angels in a new age now.”

Tiffany had no idea on how much time had passed, but soon enough she stopped singing and her grip on the guitar loosened up. There was a faint ache on her fingers from the song, but she had grown used to it and it felt like nothing compared to when she first learned it.

“You’re quite the singer,” she heard Jessica say, looking up at the woman who was slowly getting dressed in front of her. Each layer of skin covered by a layer of material, turning into the Jessica she didn’t really know, the one with a personality and life. A Jessica she honestly didn’t know despite them sort of knowing each other.

The only thing Tiffany could retort with was a casual “thanks”, not in the mood to really talk anymore as the woman got ready to leave yet again. Although this time Tiffany actually saw her leave, and asked her to, it felt a bit weird. Something alike a cold breeze seemed to enter through her bare skin, and she hated how it felt like she was missing something she shouldn’t be. “Good luck on your tour, Tiger,” Jessica said; with her body near the door, her hand on the knob.

Tiffany knew that it was the part where she was going to ask a cliché “will I ever see you again?”

That wasn’t really Tiffany though, not at all, because even if they met again after such a while it usually meant nothing. She knew this was another one night stand that didn’t really mean anything, and for her it didn’t, yet it still felt so incredibly wrong.

“Safe travels, Princess,” Tiffany swallowed the question again, her eyes watching Jessica’s retreating body exit through the door before it was shut, and she was the only one left in the room.