009

Invisible

"And... we're done!"

Sooyeon let out a relief breath the moment Kai announced the end of their literature assignment, and she smiled as the boy cheered alongside Sehun. The latter was more than relief to finally be done with the assignment since working with Kyungsoo was like hell - well, according to Oh Sehun, that is.

"Good riddance!" Sehun exclaimed once he dropped the envelope with the printed assignment papers into the dropbox.

Kyungsoo shook his head at this and turned when he heard footsteps coming from behind him. He smiled at Suho and Jihyun, pulling Sehun away from the box so the couple could drop their assignment. "Done!" Jihyun grinned and wrapped her arms around Suho's neck so she could kiss his cheek.

"Ew." Sehun muttered and leaned in close to Kai. "Why does the grandpa get to have a girl and I don't?" he whispered. Suho heard him and rolled his eyes. Just then, a group of girls walked pass, chattering loudly, and one threw a flirty gaze to their direction. Sehun whistled and eyed the long legs walking away. "Damn, look at those legs. Imagine them being wrapped around my waist," he smirked.

Kyungsoo hit the back of his head at this, earning a loud pained cry from the boy. Jihyun and Sooyeon couldn't help but to giggle at the sight. "Does that answer your question, pretty boy?" Kai snorted and walked away, not before turning to Sooyeon and beckoning her to walk with him.

Sehun made a face at Kai's retreating back as he rubbed the back of his head, earning a warning look from Kyungsoo, and Sehun quickly retreated behind Suho who sighed. Jihyun simply shook her head and linked her arm with her boyfriend before gesturing to the two walking away.

"Don't you think Kai and Sooyeon are getting closer these days?" she asked. Suho turned to his girlfriend and nodded in agreement.

"Why do you think Kai hasn't been able to stop smiling these days?" Sehun questioned with a roll of his eyes. "Nowadays, he looks creepier than Chanyeol with that smile of his."

"You're just jealous," Kyungsoo told him before walking off, followed by Suho and Jihyun.

Sehun frowned at this. "Me? Jealous?" he snorted. "Yeah, right."

 

 

Sooyeon made sure that her Maths teacher still had his back turned to them before sneakily taking out her phone to read Minji's message. She frowned at it but decided not to reply just yet, not wanting to risk getting a detention with the strict teacher. Carefully, she locked her phone and pushed it into the pocket of her uniform blazer before turning back to the lesson. Still, she couldn't get the message out of her head and heaved another soft sigh.

A nudge on her elbow made her jump, and she turned her head to the table beside her to see Kai waving innocently at her with an adorable smile on his face. The boy had begun to sit beside her ever since they became friends, and Sooyeon found the boy's presence calming and pleasant. She raised a questioning brow at her seatmate, and Kai slightly leaned closer to whisper to her.

"What's with the sigh?" he asked.

She smiled lightly at this. "You heard?" she asked and he nodded. "Minji and I were supposed to go find a birthday gift for my brother, but she had to cancel at the last minute. Her mom needed her at home," she explained to him, her voice so soft that Kai had to strain his ears to listen.

"I see..." he nodded and bit his bottom lip nervously. "If you don't mind, I could go with you."

Sooyeon's eyes widened at the offer. The thought of going with Kai to shop for her brother's gift overwhelmed her a bit, but deep down, she felt the urge to just agree with the boy. Plus, she had grown used to Kai's and the others' presence. She liked having Kai around her, and she figured that she could ask for his opinion on what to buy for her brother. So before she could change her mind, she nodded and smiled shyly when Kai looked at her in disbelief.

"Are you serious?" he whispered a bit too loudly. Sehun and Suho, who were seated right in front of them, turned their heads simultaneously and eyed them suspiciously when they saw how close those two were to each other.

Sehun smirked and slightly leaned back to whisper, "I know you guys have raging hormones, but no kissing in class."

Kai spluttered and quickly moved away from Sooyeon, the latter doing the same with a crimson red face. Suho quietly chuckled at the sight before turning back to the lesson, nudging Sehun to do the same. The latter threw his best friend a smirk before doing as he was told, and Kai spent the next half an hour feeling hot under the collar at Sehun's teasing.

When the bell rang to signal the end of school, Sooyeon carefully packed her bags and joined the boys who were waiting for her. Kyungsoo, who had sat a bit further from them in class, smiled at her as they walked together to the doors and head over to the lockers.

"Alright, movie night!" Baekhyun hollered the moment he appeared from behind Suho, surprising the student president. The former casually swung his arm over Kyungsoo's shoulder and pressed his lips together. "Where and what movie should we watch tonight?" he asked the group.

"My place!" Sehun exclaimed with excited claps of his hands. "Should we watch horror movies?"

"And scare the out of Suho? Good idea," Baekhyun mused, earning a jab on his side from the elder.

"I was thinking of something classic," Kai suddenly said, earning weird looks from his friends.

"You're ing kidding me, right?" Sehun asked, giving his best friend a deadpanned look. Kai shrugged. "Okay, Kai. You know what? No. I do not agree to such thing," he spat and turned to Kyungsoo. "Ideas?"

"How to Kill Oh Sehun and Get Away With It," the shorter responded without missing a beat, smirking when the others snickered at his words while Sehun pouted.

"That's not a movie! Stop being so mean, Kyungsoo."

Kai suddenly turned to Sooyeon, surprising the girl who had been smiling in amusement at Sehun's pouty face. "What do you want to watch, Sooyeon?" he asked, surprising her yet again.

"W-What?"

"Don't act so surprised," Suho told her kindly. "This is something we do at times when we're free. You're one of us now so you have to join us."

"Minji is coming, right?" Kyungsoo asked, turning to Baekhyun. The boy nodded, prompting the former to turn back to Sooyeon. "So, what movie do you want to watch, Sooyeon? Pick one you haven't watched yet."

Sooyeon took a moment of hesitation, not wanting to voice out the rejection of joining them for their movie night, but the eager looks from the boys and the hopeful one from Kai made her change her mind. She quickly thought of a movie before voicing it out,

"Lord of The Rings?"

Sehun spluttered at this, pausing in his steps, causing Baekhyun to bump into him with a loud cry. The latter rubbed his forehead and hissed at the taller. Sehun ignored him for the sake of staring at the blushing Sooyeon.

"You do know that the trilogy's been out for ages, right?" he asked.

Sooyeon looked away with an embarrassed look on her face, earning a scowl from Kai while the rest quickly pushed Sehun away and addressed the girl. "So, you haven't watched the trilogy at all?" Baekhyun asked, sounding eager. She nodded at this. "Perfect! I have the whole set at home. I'll bring it over later," he said with a determined nod of his head.

"Are we heading to Sehun's now or--"

"Actually, Sooyeon and I have some place to go to before we could join you guys," Kai revealed, trying hard not to blush at the amused looks on his friends' faces. "We'll drop by later, okay?"

Suho smiled. "Sure, Kai. Minji and Jihyun are not here too, so we'll meet up at Sehun's in two hours or so, okay?"

"Don't be late," Baekhyun sing-sang, wiggling his eyebrows to Sooyeon who looked confused.

Kai groaned. "We're not going-- you know what, never mind. Come on, Sooyeon. We still not to head home to change after this before we go to Sehun's later."

Sooyeon nodded and waved goodbye to her friends before following after Kai. The boys watched with pleasant looks on their faces just as Chanyeol appeared, looking hazard and unkempt. "Hey, guys. What did I missed?" he asked.

Baekhyun did a double take at the sight of his best friend, taking in the sight of his disheveled hair and loose necktie before letting out a snort. "What did you do? Make out with Minji in the closet?" When Chanyeol's ears began to turn red, he groaned and looked away. "Never mind, I don't want to know."

"It was actually in the empty clas--"

"KEEP YOUR LIFE TO YOURSELF, OH MY GOD!"

 

 


Alright, guys. Here's the last update before I have to leave you guys hanging. I'm sorry, but the mid-semester break is over and I have things to do on the weekends, so I won't be able to update anymore. I'm so sorry to leave you guys hanging like this. Before I go, I'd like to thank you guys again for commenting, subscribing and upvoting 'Invisible'. Honestly, I didn't think you guys would be interested in this story but you guys never fail to surprise me.

I hope none of you would unsubscribe and patiently wait for me till I come back. I'll be back sometime in December, or probably late November - it depends on the amount of time I have in my hands. If you guys want to talk come find me on SNS, you guys could just follow my Twitter or ask.fm. But please message me your usernames (Twitter) so I know who you guys are. Again, I'm sorry. Do wait for me, yeah? Till then, my dear angels~♥♥