004

Invisible

Weekends are spent with family.

Sooyeon giggled as she watched her father mother as they walked through the crowd, looking very much like a newly wed with the way they acted. Her mother had her arm looped around her husband's, and she was pouting childishly at whatever her father had said. Sooyeon liked this about her parents - how they are always happy and still very much in love with each other after twenty years of marriage.

Seungcheol, on the other hand, was holding back from rolling his eyes as he walked next to his sister, a few steps behind their parents. When he heard his mother whine about something, erupting laughter from his father, he groaned and shook his head. Hearing this, Sooyeon turned to him and quirked an eyebrow.

"Wanna get out from here?" he asked her, tilting his head to the side.

Sooyeon smiled in amusement, knowing the reason why he seemed desperate. She nodded and let out a yelp when Seungcheol abruptly grabbed her hand and pulled her away from their parents, going unnoticed.

"Hey, we haven't told mom or dad," she chided him.

"We can always text them," the elder shrugged and pulled out his phone. He typed in a quick message, delivering it into their family group chat. Sooyeon's phone beeped at the message but she didn't bother to check. "Okay, that's done. So, where to?"

Sooyeon looked around the mall they were in and pursed her lips. She eyed the amount of crowd that seemed to triple every second and unconsciously inched closer to her brother. Seungcheol noticed this and grabbed her hand, intertwining their hands together. After a while, they decided to simply walk around the mall, occasionally stopping by some few stores that caught their attentions.

"Ooh, let's go in here." Seungcheol suddenly said as he pointed to the nearby bookstore. Sooyeon nodded in agreement and pulled onto her brother's hand to get him walking faster, eager to get into the store. He chuckled at her behaviour and let her drag him there. "Look, bunny. There's a sale going on," he told his sister whose eyes immediately glimmered.

"No wonder there's so many people," she murmured and walked off to a nearby bookshelf which had tons of teenage novels stacked on them. "Wow, a few of these books are in my list," she told her brother who mindlessly scanned his eyes on each of the books.

"Hmm," he nodded and looked around, spotting the comics section. He grinned. "I'll be at the comic section if you're looking for me," he told her before dashing away. Sooyeon shook her head at this before browsing through the books some more.

After about twenty minutes or so, Sooyeon had at least three novels in her hands and she had to stop herself from choosing another one, reminding herself that she could always come back later. Satisfied with her choices, she heads over to the comics section and spotted her brother who was talking with a rather tall guy. Seeing the stranger, she stopped in her track and awkwardly fiddled with the books in her hand, waiting for the boys to finish with their conversation.

After a while, she felt a nudge on her side and looked up to see her brother smiling at her. "Are you going to buy those?" he asked, eyeing the novels in her hand. Sooyeon nodded at this. "Alright. Since I'm feeling generous, I'll buy them for you."

Sooyeon chuckled. "There's no need for that, Cheol."

"I insist. It's not everyday I get to spend my money on you. Just let me do that today," Seungcheol insisted, grabbing the books from her hands and taking it to the counter. Sooyeon sighed in defeat and followed after her brother, and once he was done making the payment, they walked out hand in hand to wherever their parents were waiting.

 

 

"Did you see that?"

Kyungsoo glanced at Sehun and nodded his head. "Yeah, I saw that. How could I not when they're standing in the other aisle?" he questioned sarcastically.

Sehun rolled his eyes at this. He then looked around the bookstore before landing his gaze back to his friend. "Are you done? Can we go now?" he asked with a slight frown, making the other chuckle.

"Why do you look so anxious?" the other asked. "It's just a bookstore, you know."

"Exactly why I'm anxious. I hate going to bookstores. It's so boring," Sehun groaned. "Why did you have to drag me anyway? You could've pulled Kai with you. He reads, so I'm sure he'll be more than glad to follow you into a ing bookstore."

Kyungsoo thumped the back of his head with the cook book he was holding and glanced at the end of the aisle where a mother stood with her child. She was scowling at them and Kyungsoo smiled apologetically, bowing his head at her before pulling Sehun out of the cooking section.

"Idiot. Look around before you decide to spew profanities. There are kids with their parents here, okay?" he scolded the younger who pouted and crossed his arms over his chest, looking bored.

"Just quickly be done with it and let's get out of here," he snapped at the other and immediately regretted his actions when Kyungsoo glared at him. He took backward steps and went out of the store, choosing to wait outside instead while Kyungsoo went and make his payment.

It didn't take long for them to head back to the food court where the other guys were waiting. As they walked, Sehun thought about the couple they saw earlier and nudged Kyungsoo on his side. "What?" the other asked, looking annoyed.

"Do you think that was her boyfriend?" he asked.

"Huh?"

Sehun sighed at this. "Lee Sooyeon," he reminded his friend whose eyes lightened as he recalled the scene from earlier. "Do you think it's her boyfriend?"

"I don't think so," Kyungsoo said with a small shake of his head. "I don't really see Lee Sooyeon as the type to have boyfriends. She doesn't socialize with people much- actually, he doesn't socialize at all. You know that."

"Then, who was that guy?" the other questioned curiously.

Kyungsoo sighed. "How am I supposed to know? It could've been her brother. Why are you so curious anyway?" he asked, eyeing Sehun weirdly.

The boy scoffed. "Don't overthink yourself," he told the other. "I was just concern for Kai. Imagine how broken hearted he'd be if Lee Sooyeon does have a boyfriend."

Kyungsoo smirked at this. "He's so whipped."

"No doubt about it."


I have a feeling that this story might have more chapters than I thought. I didn't want to put in too much in one chapter, and I like the current pace (surprisingly). And I just saw how the numbers of subscribers just escalated and I'm like "wow!". I'm just so happy to know that I have lots of loyal readers even from previous stories. Thank you guys so much!

Don't forget to leave me comments!

(And now I have to go and right chapter five. But dinner comes first lmao)