012

Invisible

Kai was nervous, but beyond that, he was just excited.

Kai arrived at the driveway of Sooyeon's house a few minutes after noon, hoping that he wasn't too early, but Sooyeon was already waiting at the front porch of her house, petting a cat. Kai smiled at the sight and got out of the car. The sound attracted her attention and Sooyeon looked up in surprise before smiling beautifully when she saw him. She stood up and patted her pants to remove the dirts and made her way to the car.

Sooyeon blushed when Kai held the passenger door open for her.

"Thank you." she mumbled shyly. He grinned and closed the door after her before hurrying to the other side.

"You look pretty." Kai didn't meant for the words to be spoken aloud, but he figured that it was worth it when Sooyeon blushed deeply.

"Th-Thanks," she smiled. "You don't look so bad yourself."

Kai grinned. He briefly glanced down at the faded blue denim button down shirt he wore, noticing that they were both donning denim tops although Sooyeon's were a button down one piece dress with a darker blue. He noticed that she, too, wore shoes to complete her look; they both looked like a couple wearing couple clothings, and it brought happiness to the boy who was beaming so brightly as he drove.

Sooyeon let out a chuckle when she noticed, making him glance at her as he drove. "What's so funny?" he asked. Her smile was addictive, and it made him smile wider at the sight.

"You are," she told him. "Why are you smiling like that?"

"Because I'm happy."

"And what's making you so happy?"

"You."

Sooyeon seemed surprised at the reply before she began to blush again, making Kai chuckle at her adorable expression. She turned to face the window just so she could hide the blush creeping up her cheeks, but her efforts were a waste since Kai had already seen it. He continued to drive through the silence, although none of them felt awkward at all. But eventually, Kai decided that it was too quiet for his own liking so he the radio and sat comfortably in his seat as he drove.

Kai feels his heart skipping a beat when he hears Sooyeon humming to the song that was playing on the radio.

"You know this song?" he asked for the sake of wanting to hear her voice.

She nodded. "It's Mom by Ra.D. I really love this song," she told him and leaned her head against the window, eyes focused on the views outside. "I sang this song for my mom once for Mother's Day. She cried so much."

"Yeah? So you can sing, huh?"

Sooyeon chuckled softly and shook her head. "Not really. I'm decent, if I can say so myself."

"So modest," Kai chuckled, making her smile to herself. "Do you play any instruments?"

"Me?" she asked, pointing a finger to herself. Kai nodded. "I can play the piano. You?"

"None. But I can dance."

Sooyeon whipped her head to him at this, making him laugh. "Really? You can dance?" He nodded. "Wow. C-Can I see you dance one day?" she asked timidly, her eyes shining as she stared at him.

Kai agreed without hesitation but not without condition. "Only if you promise to play and sing for me one day."

She blushed, looking away. Kai was sure she was going to forfeit but he was taken by surprise when she turned back to him with a nod, her gaze soft yet determined. "Okay."

 

Description: http://meredithmckinney.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/off-the-page-divider.jpg

 

Suho and Jihyun wanted to have lunch somewhere first, so the former took them to a restaurant he loved and got them a table for four at the very back where it was more secluded and private. Sooyeon sat in between Kai and Suho with Jihyun right in front of her, and she was happy to feel at ease within their company. Unlike usual, their lunch was peaceful with no bickerings, shoutings nor snarky comments being thrown around the table, and even though she enjoyed the momentary change, she actually wished that the other boys were also present. Still, Kai, Jihyun and Suho kept the atmosphere at lunch lively as they exchanged stories, jokes and discussed random topics.

Despite their protests, Suho paid for their meal and Kai took the chance to spend his money by buying them ice-creams, much to Sooyeon's delight. Like Kai, she chose the belgium chocolate flavor while Jihyun chose strawberry and Suho vanilla. Together, they chose to walk to the new bookstore since it was merely a block away from the ice-cream shop.

"It's such a nice day!" Jihyun exclaimed as she threw her arms up in the air, her ice-cream almost falling off the cone. Suho grabs her hand and made sure she kept it upright, giving her a look at which she merely grinned at.

Sooyeon smiled, mentally agreeing with the girl. The sun was out but it wasn't too hot for them to be outside. The town was bustling with people like usual, but it wasn't too crowded for her liking. The fact that she was surrounded by her friends made her happier.

"You seem happy, Sooyeon." Suho suddenly commented, and Sooyeon wondered if he had read her mind. He chuckled at the expression on her face. "What? Was I interrupting something?"

She blushed at this. "N-No, I was just... enjoying myself," she replied, smiling widely.

"Aww, you're so adorable!" Jihyun suddenly exclaimed, pinching her cheeks with her free hand. Suddenly, her eyes turned to Kai and she smiled slyly when she caught the look he gave to the oblivious Sooyeon. "Hey, Kai?" she called, surprising the boy. She surpressed her laughter and . "Why are you so quiet?"

"Huh?"

"Leave him be, love. He's currently enjoying the view." Suho snickered, smiling wider at the scowl on Kai's face.

"You don't go to town much?" Sooyeon asked the boy innocently, unaware of the actual meaning behind Suho's words. The couple looked away while trying to hold in their laughter while Kai seemed thoroughly embarrassed.

"Uhh.. n-no, not really. Uhm," the boy stuttered and let out a relief breath when he saw the building before them. "Oh look, we're here."

Sooyeon turned to where he's pointing and gasped at the size of the newly opened bookstore. It was built in a corner lot of a building, and she bet that there was at least three floors worth of good books in it. Due to her excitement, she unknowingly grasped onto Kai's arm with her eyes still fixed on the building. Kai was surprised with the sudden skin contact, but he quickly snapped out of it when she unconsciously tugged on his arm.

Sooyeon's eyes were literally glimmering in delight.

He smiled and removed her hand from his arm, only to daringly take her hand into his, making her turn to him in surprise. Still, he didn't waver and smiled assuringly at her. "Come on, Sooyeon. Let's go inside." he told her and pulled her into the building, making sure to throw away their half eaten ice-cream in the trash before entering the new building.

Sooyeon blankly stared at their intertwined hands before blushing crimson red, but she was immediately distracted by the smell of new books the moment they got into the building. Her eyes wandered around the new place and this time, she was aware of her own actions when she squeezed Kai's hand in excitement.

"Wow, this is spectacular!" Jihyun gasped as she stood next to Sooyeon, eyes wandering around the place as well. "Joonmyeon honey, remind me to get a map later okay? I don't want to get lost."

Suho chuckled at his girlfriend's adorable expression. "Come on, let's go check this place out."

"I want to go there." Jihyun said as she pointed to a corner and dragged Suho with her.

Kai's eyes followed the disappearing figure of the two couple before turning to Sooyeon who seemed too overwhelmed with everything around her. Smiling, he gently squeezed her hand and pointed to the stairs. "The sign says that fiction novels are on the second floor. Do you want to go check it out?" he asked.

Sooyeon turned to him and nodded.

Hand-in-hand, they walked up the stairs to the second floor and went straight to the section where all the romance novels were at, and Kai reluctantly let their hands fall so she could explore around on her own. He quietly followed behind her as she slowly walked around the place, looking like she was in some sort of paradise. She would occasionally stop to pick up a book and flip it to the back to read its summary before moving again. Instead of finding something for himself, Kai spent the time watching the serene look on Sooyeon's face and her graceful movements as she picked or read any book that caught her eyes.

At some point, Sooyeon lifted her head from the book she was reading to look at him, and she gave him a soft content smile which made his heart race. She slightly tilted her head with a questioning look in her eyes, and Kai thought he could drown in the look she was giving him.

"What's wrong?" she asked, and her words sounded like a gentle whisper in his ears.

Smiling, Kai shook his head and unconsciously moved closer to her until they were literally inches apart. Sooyeon felt her breath hitch at the sudden proximity and stared into his brown eyes, feeling her heart burst in her chest. She swore she could even hear her heartbeat drumming in her ears.

"Sooyeon-ah?"

"...hm?"

"I like you."

 


 


sorry for the fake update notification earlier. I was writing and I forgot to hide the chapter :P Anyway, here's the update you've been waiting for!

Happy New Year folks!