001

Invisible

Class was boring as usual.

The teacher was going on and on about some ancient history that nobody bothered to listen to, although the front row students tried their best to keep up with him as they jotted down their notes - not that they wanted to in the first place - while also struggling to stay awake just like the rest of the class. One girl in particular was also jotting down her notes, but unlike the others, she was pretty much awake and had her focus solely on the lesson. Sooyeon diligently wrote down every words that were sprewing out of the man's mouth and into her notebook with her neat handwriting despite writing it in a fast pace in order to catch up with the educator.

When the bell rang, signaling the end of the day of school, the students were quick to wake up and dash out of the class before the teacher could even finish with his lesson, but the man sighed in defeat and proceeded to gather his things. Sooyeon slowly packed her things since she didn't feel the need to rush like everyone else before walking out of the class last.

She carefully made her way through the overwhelming amount of students loitering in the hallways to head towards her locker and took out the books she'd be needing to complete her homeworks and keeping the rest of the books in her bag. Sooyeon zipped her bag and quietly closed her locker, unaware of the presence beside her until she lifted her head. Surprised, she let out a choked gasp, attracting the attention of the blonde boy who pulled away from behind the open door of his locker to turn to her.

She blushed and lowered her head.

"S-Sorry," she muttered before quickly running off towards the exit, aware of the curious watching eyes of the boy from the next door locker. Unknown to her, as soon as she reached the door, another figure appeared from beside the boy and he too, watched her as her figure slowly turned smaller as she got further away.

"Adorable, isn't she?"

Sehun turned to the boy next to him, smirking when he saw the glint in his friend's eyes. "I didn't take her as your type at all, Kai. But she is adorable. If I didn't know it any better, I'd say she's a new student."

Kai sighed and turned to his friend. "Nah, she's been here since the first year. She's just not..." he glanced back to the door where Sooyeon had disappeared, "...sociable."

"Hmm, obviously."

 

 

"Mom, I'm home!"

Sooyeon trudged into the kitchen, expecting to see her mother there but was met with a cold empty space. Frowning, she dropped her bag onto the floor by the kitchen counter and ran up the stairs to the second floor, aiming for the master's bedroom. She gave it a few knocks before opening the door, peeking her head in and pouted when she still saw no sign of her mother.

"Where could she be?" she wondered aloud. Suddenly, the hair on the back of her neck seemed to tingle and a loud shriek escaped her lips as she jumped at least two feet in the air. A familiar laughter rang loudy into her ears, causing her to turn and she pouted at the sight of her brother holding onto his stomach as he laughed. "That was mean, Lee Seungcheol."

Seungcheol wiped away the tears that escaped his eyes, smiling widely at his sister who was pouting cutely by their parents' bedroom. He finally got himself together after a second and reached forward to ruffle her hair, much to Sooyeon's annoyance. "Calm down, tiger. I was just messing with you," he told her.

Sooyeon sighed as she fixed her hair.

"What are you doing home?" she asked her brother, trying not to sound like she wasn't happy with his presence. Don't get her wrong, Sooyeon loved it whenever Seungcheol was home considering that most of the time it was only her and her parents while her brother was in college, but she couldn't help but feel suspicious to his sudden presence since it wasn't the weekend.

"You don't seem happy to see me, bunny." Seungcheol commented with a pout, ignoring the eye roll his sister gave him.

"Seungcheol..."

He smiled.

"Fine, fine. It's the mid-semester break, bunny. I was supposed to be home yesterday, but the guys decided to have a sleepover at the apartment and wouldn't let me leave," he explained to his sister who finally relaxed. Seungcheol mentally chuckled at her reaction, knowing how important studies are for her.

He couldn't say the same though.

"Where's mom?" Sooyeon asked as she walked towards her bedroom, followed by her brother. "Did she went out with dad or something?" She momentarily disappeared into the connected bathroom before her brother could reply, and she came out with her long hair tied up in a messy bun and found Seungcheol laying on his stomach on top of her bed, playing with a rubik's cube which he took from her side table.

"Mom went to visit a friend, I think. Her husband died."

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh. How was school?"

Sooyeon pursed her lips as she took off her uniform's blazer and ribbon, leaving her in her white button up blouse and skirt. "It was okay, I guess. Nothing fancy happened. But I did hear something about our student body president asking one of the girls from class to be his girlfriend. I wasn't sure which one though. I didn't pay attention. Although I'm sure I'll hear more about it from Minji soon."

"Minji? I thought she's still in America, visiting her brother?"

She nodded.

"Yeah, but you know how she is. If you ever need a good gossip, come find Kim Minji and she'll keep you updated," Sooyeon scoffed softly to herself while going through her clothes. 

Seungcheol snorted.

"Why am I not surprised?" he muttered before glancing up at her. "Anyway, what about you? When are you going to get a boyfriend?"

"Oh, he'll be here. His flight got delayed but he'll be here soon," she told him playfully before settling on a simple white t-shirt and short pants and walking into the bathroom to change out of her uniform. Seungcheol dropped the rubik's cube onto the bed with a sigh once she was out of the room and glanced wistfully at the closed bathroom door with a troubled mind.