005

Invisible

Sooyeon planned to spend her Sunday with her brother since he'll be driving back to his college tomorrow, and they won't be seeing each other for the next two months or so. But apparently, Seungcheol had made other plans which involves him and his former high school friends, so she ended up locking herself in her room watching some movies from her company. She wasn't sure what her parents were currently doing, but right after breakfast, his father had went outside to wash his car while her mother went to call some friends living abroad.

Her phone let out a beep sometime later, indicating an incoming text message, and Sooyeon paused her movie in order to grab her phone from the bedside table and unlocked the text.

 

From: Minji

Hey, cutie. The boys wanted to grab some lunch outside, and they want us to join them. You in?

 

A tiny frown made its way on her forehead at the thought of hanging out with the boys outside of school, but something tells her that it won't be much difference than hanging out with them at school. Still, it'll be a first to meet them outside and it's only been a few days since she's been friends with them.

At the same time, the idea excites her so before she could change her mind, she typed a quick response to Minji and got up to get dressed when her friend told her to meet up in half an hour. In less than ten minutes, Sooyeon was nicely dress in a simple white blouse and slim fit jeans. She quickly grabbed her phone and her white sling bag which Minji bought for her last birthday, before taking a quick look at her appearance in the mirror.

Sooyeon bit her lip as she eyed her long brown hair which she had tied up into a ponytail before pulling it down, making the natural curls of her hair bounce against her shoulders down to her chest. She made a quick work with her hair and once she was satisfied, she hurried out of her room and quirked a brow at the sight of her parents kissing in the living room. It was a normal sight for her considering how in love their parents are with each other - which means they can't keep their hands off each other, but it's still partly embarrasing for her whenever she walks in on them like this. Blushing, she hesitated before she cleared loudly, making them pull apart and turn to her.

Her mother's eyes widened at the sight of her.

"Honey, you look beautiful!" she exclaimed and rushed to squeeze the light out of her. Sooyeon silently groaned at this and made a face as they pulled away. "Are you going out? Do you have a date?" she asked, her eyes sparkling in excitement.

"W-What? No, mom!" she quickly denied. She knew she was dressed better than she usually would, even when she's going out with Minji, so she wasn't surprised that her mother was assuming stuff based on how she's dressed. "I'm going out with... friends."

"Friends?" her father questioned with a surprised look on his face. He exchanged a pleased look with his wife before smiling at his daughter. "I'm assuming that it's this group of boys you've been hanging out with lately at school?"

Sooyeon's eyes widened at this. "How did you--" Her brother's face then popped into her mind, making her sigh. "Seungcheol," she muttered darkly under her nose. Turning back to her parents, she fidgeted. "Uhm, is it okay if I go though?" she asked.

Her mother smiled. "Of course, honey. But let me go get something real quick," she said and quickly disappeared upstairs. Her father shrugged when she turned to him with a questioning gaze, and her mother was back as quickly as she had left. Sooyeon blinked in surprise when the woman placed something over her head before something light bounced against her chest, prompting her to look down.

It was a simple silver dreamcatcher necklace, and Sooyeon looked up to see her mother beaming. "Mom?"

"Your outfit looked like it was missing something, but now it's complete!" her mother exclaimed and smiled widely. "Alright, you don't want to be late now," she said and hugged her daughter once more. "I'm proud of you for making new friends," she whispered in Sooyeon's ears before pulling away.

"Here," her father said as he handed her some cash. "Have fun today, bunny."

Sooyeon smiled at her parents gratefully and nodded. "I will. I'll... see you guys later then."

"Have fun!" her mother chimed as she walked out the door.

 

 

"Seriously, you are so ing annoying." Kai sighed as he leaned back in his chair, swatting away Sehun's hands that were about to pinch his cheek.

"Aww, don't be like that. No one likes a sore loser," Sehun laughed and dodged the punch that was coming his way. "Don't worry, Kai. Next time we play Mario Kart, I'll let you win." Sehun said with a playful wink, earning a growl from the tanned boy. The two continued to bicker playfully among each other while Baekhyun turns to Kyungsoo.

"Where is that giant idiot?" he muttered, earning a look from his friend. "You don't think he'd ditch us and went off with Minji, do you?"

Kyungsoo scoffed at this. "I don't think so. Knowing Minji, she'd scold him for making us wait for nothing." Eyeing Kai who was still arguing with Sehun, he smirked and slightly added volume to his voice. "Plus, Minji told me that Sooyeon was coming, so I doubt she'd ditch her friend so easily."

His words caused Kai to turn to him with wide eyes, and the three friends snickered at his obvious delight at the news, making Kai blush. Just then, Baekhyun caught sight of a figure coming into the restaurant they were in and raised his hand to wave. "Sooyeon, over here!"

Hearing her name made the tanned boy freeze and he slowly turned his head to see her heading towards their table. She looked so adorable with the shy and nervous smile that Kai had to stop himself from getting up from his chair and hugging the daylights out of her.

"H-Hi," the girl shyly greeted them, earning wide smiles from each and every one of them. "Did you guys, uhm... wait long?" she asked.

"Nope. We just came early," Baekhyun replied and gestured for the girl to take a seat. Much to Kai's dismay, he had gestured for her to sit next to him and Sooyeon hesitated for a second before taking her seat. The two exchanged brief awkward smiles before looking away, simultaneously keeping their heads down to hide their blushes.

"Cute," Baekhyun snickered just as Suho arrived at the table.

"Hey, guys. Sorry I'm late," he announced and casually sat on the other side of Baekhyun. "I had to drop some things to Jihyun earlier."

Jihyun was Suho's girlfriend, and Sooyeon had met the girl briefly during their second lunch together. Apparently, they have English and Maths together along with Suho, Kai, Sehun and Kyungsoo, although Sooyeon never quite noticed since she was always in her own world.

"Why didn't you bring her along?" Sehun asked.

"She has plans with her sister. Some sisters bonding time or something," the student body president replied before his eyes shifted to Sooyeon. He smiled. "Hello, Sooyeon. It's nice to see a new face in the group," he told the girl who smiled shyly at this.

"Ayyy," Baekhyun protested. "You make it sound like you're tired of us."

"I know I'm getting tired of you guys," chimed a deep voice and they turned to see Chanyeol and Minji appearing with smiles on their faces, their hands intertwined. Sooyeon smiled at the sight. "Sorry we were late, guys. We got... distracted."

Kai, Sehun and Baekhyun gave the new couple a knowing smirk while Minji blushed crimson red and pulled away from her boyfriend to bury her face against Sooyeon's shoulder. Chanyeol seemed smug at this, making it worse for Minji who feels like her face is about to burst from embarrassment.

"Nothing happened," she whined quietly to Sooyeon. "We just stopped by at a store to get something for his mom and we got distracted with the puppies in the pet shop next door."

Sooyeon chuckled. "Don't worry, Min. I won't judge."

Minji pulled away and whined loudly at her friend. "Yah, not you too!"

Unable to contain herself, Sooyeon laughed at Minji's expression and tried to make amends with the girl who began to sulk, unaware of the smiles from around the table at the sound of her laughter. She was, however, aware of the soft gaze Kai threw her when she accidentally met his eyes later.

 


I'm deeply pleased to know that you guys are enjoying this story so far. I was quite worried since this is my first time writing with this pace and all. Even Sooyeon's character is a bit hard for me to describe properly since I'm the total opposite of her. But so far, I think I'm doing a good job :)

Thanks for subscribing and the upvotes, guys! ♥♥