New beginning.

The monster inside me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Yong groaned when he opened his eyes slowly and was greeted by a splitting headache and the feeling of his eyes being burnt by the light of the room he was in. Whimpering, he brought his hands to his head, massaging it slowly and closing his times while waiting for the pain to subside before opening them again, this time managing to recognise the room he was in and seeing it was a hospital one, his unfocussed eyes blinked twice before landing on a figure looking through a window.

“Y-YoungBae?” He asked, his voice sounding weird even for him.

“Ji? Ji Yong!” The other smiled, moving quickly to his side and holding his hand, the other reaching to press a button at the bed’s side “Oh my god you’re finally awake!”

“What you mean?” Ji Yong asked weakly, rubbing his eyes and looking around the room. Everything was confusing and the pictures inside his head were blurry, he wasn’t sure he could remember exactly what happened before.

“You were stabbed by a thief, don’t you remember?” He asked, softly looking into his confused eyes.

Things came like a hit to his chest after the stabbed word left the other’s mouth, the picture of Seung Hyun, or that thing, stabbing him flashed in his eyes, making him whimper softly and close them again tightly. It wasn’t a thief, it was that monster controlling Seung Hyun the one who did it, but he knew why the other lied, no one was going to believe that.

Speaking of Seung Hyun…

“I-I remember now” He whispered before opening his eyes once more, looking around the room “Where is Seung Hyun?”

YoungBae immediately looked away, clearing his throat and scratching the back of his head “Look Ji Yong-“

He started, but was interrupted when the door to the room was opened and a man dressed in white walked to them, looking at Ji Yong with a smile, the latter smiled back weakly, but cursed his luck since he really wanted to know where his boyfriend was.

The doctor checked him, making sure everything he was okay and doing perfectly fine in every sense “I’m glad you’re finally awake mister Kwon, everything seems to be okay.”

“Did I spend too much time like this?” He asked, feeling his limbs were a little bit numb and that his brain worked a little bit slower than usual.

“Three months to be exact, the wound you had was pretty severe” The man said “If your boyfriend hadn’t brought you so fast, things would have been different.”

He smiled, keeping his needs to say how much he wanted him to go away so he could knew where in the world his boyfriend was.

“I suggest you to rest, your body needs to go back to its normal functions and resting is one of the best ways to do it” He said “Visit time is over, your friends will see you tomorrow.”

Ji Yong could swear he saw YoungBae released a sigh of relief at his words before he smiled again.

“See you tomorrow, Ji.”

And with that, he was left alone again.

A heavy sigh escaped his lips while he sat up more comfortably in the bed, hissing softly at the apparition of a stinging pain in his stomach. Rolling the hospital gown, he frowned at seeing the healing wound there, remembering the day he received it and sighing at the memory of who did it.

He was worried about Seung Hyun, worried about what happened to him while he was in coma; he was expecting the older to be there with him, to be waiting for the time he opened his eyes once more although maybe the chance was low. He was grateful to see his best friend there, but still he would have loved to find the person he loved there. Maybe he left him? Maybe he felt too guilty to face him again, or maybe he was being controlled by the thing again and needed to leave before he ended up killing him once and for all.

“Where are you Seung…” He sighed, lying on the bed once more when the pain of the wound stretching was too much and felt he could reopen it even though it rested for three months.

The main worry for him was losing him to the monster that took control of his life that day he broke up with him, in his eyes, that was the day Seung Hyun lost almost all traces of humanity he had and that kept him from letting the monster control everything. Even now he didn’t know what exactly that thing was and without Seung Hyun he didn’t have a chance of finding out.

The only things he could do for now was sigh, wait and hope for the best… maybe curse that damn wound too for being so annoying.

.

.

.

 The next day was horribly uneventful, YoungBae arrived with DaeSung and SeungRi past ten and the other two obviously started to ask him about how he felt, how he was doing and what he remembered happened that night when the thief attacked him. He was stressed about Seung Hyun, but he needed to admit he was glad of talking to them again, catching up in how life was at school and the things that happened while he was in coma, noticing how none of them mentioned anything about Seung Hyun.

By the time Ji Yong realised this, it was already time to eat and then, they left again.

“Everything it’s okay mister Kwon, you can leave tomorrow” The doctor said that night when he came to check on him, making him feel relieved that at least he could  go out and look for his lost boyfriend, wishing to be with him again.

“You can go out today!” SeungRi exclaimed happily, helping him to walk after YoungBae helped him to dress up.

“Yes, bet my house is dusty as ” He said, smiling at DaeSung who was carrying his bag.

“You sure you want to go there?” YoungBae asked “You know you can come to my house, Hyorin won’t be bothered at all, she’s worried for you too.”

“I really appreciate it, but I need to sort everything and take care of some things” He said, smiling reassuringly at them “I’ll be fine, if you want I’ll call you every night.”

“That would be good.” DaeSung laughed, taking the other bag.

YoungBae was the one who brought him home since the other two needed to finish some homework that needed to be done by the next day.

“Call me if you need something Ji, I bought food for you and it’s in the fridge” He smiled, looking at him while he moved to sit on a chair “Ji, about Seung Hyun…”

The latter immediately looked up, hearing the other’s name with a voice that wasn’t his was what he was waiting for since he woke up.

“Where is him? I thought he would be here…” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter