Decisions

The monster inside me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Hyun opened his eyes when moving proved to be horribly difficult and sent direct pain to his back and neck. Straightening up, he whimpered while he rubbed his neck, wondering in what moment he fall asleep since he was determined to stay awake and take care of Ji Yong if anything happened.

Remembering the reason of him being there, he moved his eyes to the figure still lying on the bed. A part of him thanked Ji Yong was still there, fighting to stay alive, but alive, while the other said he was an idiot for feeling relief in such a critical state “I’m so sorry Ji…” He whispered, his hand reaching to caress his cheek with his thumb, cringing softly at the coldness of his skin.

He still felt nothing could make things better because he was the cause for everything, maybe he didn’t choose to have that thing inside him, but he didn’t find a way to keep his boyfriend, or ex-boyfriend, safe from what he was now.

“Sir, we’re going to check on him, please wait outside.” He looked up when he heard the voice of the doctor.

Nodding, he stood up and whispered a small I’m sorry before leaving the room, deciding to go to the bathroom and spray some cold water on his face, he probably needed to eat something, but he couldn’t find the will to be too away from Ji Yong’s room. He entered the bathroom and kept looking at his own reflection for a long time, he still looked like Seung Hyun safe for the dark circles around his eyes and the messy hair, fortunately he didn’t look like the creature that almost take away the life of the one he had only loved.

Rubbing his eyes and going to do his needs, he walked out again and headed towards the room, hoping the doctor had finished and he could be with JI Yong again; however, he froze when he saw three figures pacing out of the room, three figures he immediately recognised as the ones he used to call friends, but that ended up pushing away these last weeks.

“Seung Hyun!” YoungBae yelled upon seeing him, moving quickly to his side, being followed by the other two “Seung Hyun what happened? We just found out…”

He swallowed the lump on his throat when the three pair of eyes fell on him, he could swear he had never felt so nervous in his life, cold sweat formed on his nape while they kept waiting for an answer, fear and worry feeling their eyes.

“A-A thief stabbed Ji Yong….” He muttered the lie again, looking away from them, incapable of lying so easily at them.

“Oh my god, and how is he?” Luckily for him, they assumed he was like this because he still felt something from Ji Yong and this had him in a bad condition.

“The doctor said he’s stable now, but they don’t know when he’s going to regain consciousness” He said, feeling DaeSung rubbing soothing circles on his back.

“I can’t believe it, what a bastard” YoungBae growled angrily, running his hands through his head “Please tell me police has something to arrest him.”

“I-I don’t know, they haven’t called or anything” Seung Hyun whispered, wondering how things would be if he told them he was the one who stabbed Ji Yong.

“I’m sure they will catch him, for now thank god you found him before it was too late” SeungRi said, squeezing YoungBae’s arm to calm him “I don’t want to imagine what could have happened if you weren’t there.”

He would be okay, that’s for sure.

“Yeah, he was so lucky you were near.”

A light sob left Seung Hyun’s lips when he heard those last words, he brought his hands to his face while he cried softly. None of that was true, Ji Yong wouldn’t be in that bed, fighting for his life if it wasn’t for him, if he had explained things properly to him, Ji Yong wouldn’t have gone out to look for him that night.

The other three moved to hug him, whispering calming words and caressing his back in attempts of making him feel better, imagining how much it must hurt having the person you love in such a critical condition, completely unaware Seung Hyun’s tears were ones of pure guilt.

After some hours they managed to make Seung Hyun feel a little bit better, Seung Hyun let them enter to be with Ji Yong for a while one by one, hearing without really wanting how they encouraged him to fight, to stay alive and return because his ex-boyfriend was stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter