Cupcakes

Sweet Lime
`CHAPTER NINE;
 
 WHAT IS HAPPENING?!
Thus, their interaction had been better and nicer than the days before these. After a long jogging, Soonyoung brought Chan to Mansae Cafe and was happily greeted by Seungcheol and Jeonghan. They were served with delicious foods and drinks. As usual, Soonyoung would accompany him to home.
 
In the following morning, they planned for another jogs in the morning. Soonyoung will never fails to come earlier in crazy morning to wake Chan up by throwing small rocks then welcomed by a mother. They had breakfast again and it has grew like an habit to keep in touch. Ms. Lee could see their relationship obviously. She knows his son is attracting and she's not disappointed at all. She's happy.
 
Days counted and they habitually hangout after school ends. Now, they have arrived to one month friendship after all of those silly first day in Dokyeom High. Today is Wednesday, and Chan was informed by his mom that his parents may not came home until Friday for his dad's business vacation and events. 
 
He did not have any idea of why it's like a good news for him. 
 
Soonyoung dropped Chan to his classroom but no one had ever cares, anyways. There's no need to be afraid.
 
“See you after school,” and waving his hands. Chan does the same thing.
 
Why not breaktime you asking? Well, Dokyeom's mid-year examination had ends last month when Chan was not here yet. Soonyoung was incharged from his homeroom teacher to help them assembling the papers, so he had to spend his breaktime eating in the teacher's office.
 
Chan walks to his seat and meeting his deskmate, “Good morning, Seungkwan!”
 
He received a quick respond, “Morning!” he ticked Chan's name for attendance.
 
 
 
Hours passed. School ends after 10 hours of classes, plus 1 hour for breaktime. Students were given freedom to escape their school building. 
 
As Lee Chan, Vernon, and Boo Seungkwan walked out of their classroom door, the sound of the pounding rain hitting the roof quited and soon was over come by the end of the day's chattering between students, noisily communicating over top one another about their weekend plans.
 
He didn't expecting a person to wait for his presence. He saw a familiar boy wearing a nametag, is patiently leaning against the wall next to a gateway and it reminds him of when they firstly meet up. He excused himself from his two class mates and jogs towards the person.
 
“Hi!”
 
Soonyoung immediately heads up and cheerfully grins, “Hi. Let's go?” in which Chan nodded and they begin to leave. Taking a long walks down the streets, opposite of their other group of friends. Without their realization, there was one unknown shadow behind a tree, have been spying them but object to trailing and left to another streets.
 
 
 
They jabbered along the way to Chan's house area, but then he was questioned by Soonyoung, who had change his tone to ask out of nowhere.
 
“By any chance, do your house has oven?”
 
Chan raising his eyebrows and nodding his head, “Yes, we do have it. Why?”
 
“That's good! I wanted to bake cupcakes but I don't have any oven in my house,” said Soonyoung as he pouted. “Sure thing! Moreover, my parents will not be at home until Friday for my dad's business travel and attending some events in Jeju,” he explained. Soonyoung had a circle mouth shape and nods twice rapidly.
 
As soon as they arrived, Chan unlocked the door and switch on the lights. Soon young removes his shoes and entered inside. The house owner's son lock the door back for safety reason.
 
“I will go change. Just make yourself at home,” he said before off-ing upstairs. Soonyoung eyeing the younger until he goes into his bedroom. Soonyoung placing down his backpack onto the couch and exploring his surroundings. He left his finger prints on each framed photos.
 
Chan had once told him that he had one elder sister who studied overseas. He had told him a lot about his family and relatives. Soonyoung find them lovable and admirable to have such good family members, unlike his own.
 
Later onwards, Chan came down, wearing a simple plain white sweatshirt with a pair of men's knee shorts. They went to the kitchen straightaway. Soonyoung thinks it'd be uneasy if he had his school blazer on, so he take them off, leaving only his white school buttoned shirt.
 
Chan snatch an apron and attempt to wear it for Soonyoung but the older refuses, “Oh? I can wear it myself, Chan,”
 
“Nope. Let me,” 
 
Chan hang an apron around Soonyoung's neck and tries to reaches for straps. In those attempts, he didn't realize that he hugs Soonyoung's waist for tying the straps behind Soonyoung's back and resting his chin on Soonyoung's shoulder to look after the straps below. 
 
Within those movements, Soonyoung shot his eyes in big shock and he could feel his own heartbeat fighting on the inner thoughts. To not make any worse situation, he raises his arms to let it be easy for Chan.
 
He finally tied it into ribbon and pulls away, “Done!” but he blinks a few times due to Soonyoung's facial expression.
 
“What's wrong?” and it hit to the world of Senior Kwon. He shove away his illusion and hyperly said, “Bake time!”
 
Soonyoung grab another free apron and put it on Chan. Like earlier, he copies the movements but in the end, he spin Chan a bit to adjusts the straps behind. During the spinning, Chan was quietly smiling to himself as well as a timid light blushes.
 
They prepared all ingredients and starts pouring baking powder on a mixing bowl. Chan helps Soonyoung with equipment, and staples while Soonyoung battles by decoration. A few minutes later, they insert those cupcakes sitting in a pan into an oven and allow them heated.
 
Watching Chan is being all cautious and concentrating on the oven. Soonyoung took his chance to tapped some balanced flours and pretending to cups Chan's cheeks which confuses the younger. Once Soonyoung freed his cheeks, Chan eventually realizes it's a flour on his both cheeks, almost covering his face.
 
He gasps, “My buns!”
 
Soonyoung laughs hysterically. Chan gritted between his teeth and grab a bowl of flours. It stops Soonyoung from laughing and widening his eyes, “Uh oh...,” he slowly steps backwards and runs away while screaming like a scared woman.
 
Chan chases after him. They have been playing around the whole house, includes kitchen room, living room, dining room, and every single areas that located in downstairs.
 
“Come hereee! You should makeup your face to look prettier!”
 
“No freaking way!! That's not makeup! That's like a shampoo in bathup!!!”
 
They argues for entire minutes but unfortunately, Soonyoung stumbled upon a dead end. He was near to spun around when Chan had already pour a bowl of flours onto Soonyoung. He was covered with white powders all over his body. From top head down to his feet.
 
Chan guffaw (laughing) hardly when he knows he had winning in this competition. Soonyoung was stood like a statue, looking down at his own lower body and his school uniforms will need to be washed later. He heaves a big sigh with Chan jumping around happily.
 
Soonyoung crept up a smirk and nevertheless, he pulls Chan's hand to let their body bumps, resulting Chan to loosen his bowl and fell onto the ground. This is a super greatest surprise for him. Someone can take him to hospital right at this moment.
 
He shot worried eyes into Soonyoung's relaxing dark brown pupils. They were pretty close. Unbelievably closest distance they could ever had. Their first time to zooming this close to each other's faces. As the tips of their nose touched.
 
Soonyoung could felt Chan's heartbeat since their bodies are glued together. Chan tries to shook himself up from this dream but this is too real to be fantasy. He pursed his lips nervously and his cheeks redden. Worser than tomatoes. His cheeks are mad, alongside his reddened ears.
 
Without receiving any protests, Soonyoung eventually leans in. He leans closer till he pressed his craved pinkish lips against Chan's sweet one. He shut his eyes. Only Chan had his eyes widening more than an owl's. He had fireworks filled his heart and stomach.
 
They kissed, for the very first time.