Near-At-Hand

Sweet Lime
`CHAPTER FIVE;
 
 WILL CONTINUE WITH NARRATOR'S POV.
A week had passed. Today is Saturday, meaning there will be no school attached. It is a weekend day in which students and teachers may have spare times to rest or doing something else to relax their minds from stressing in study 24 hours.
 
Scratch those useless notice. Everyone should know that Soonyoung and Chan's relationship is getting near at close quarters. Soonyoung does never stops himself from picking Chan off his class to eat lunch or walking him back home together. Even Vernon and Seungkwan does notice those actions. Somehow, they felt weird but they will just remind themselves that these are normal.
 
However, Seungkwan felt strange right on his heart whenever he saw them two boys are hanging out together. 
 
Don't get misunderstood. Soonyoung and Chan were just friends or probably close/good friends at first stage. Even Soonyoung's group of friends, especially Jihoon, at first being suspicious as ever but as days continues, they begin to brighten for Chan's presence and thinking it's a normal thing between them.
 
Back to the reality shot, Saturday was used to be a day for Chan's 24/7 sleeps and naps but this time around, he will not spending his whole time by sleeping and dreaming of nonsense stuffs. Since he was invited by Soonyoung to go out.
 
As soon as his dinosaur-patterned clock alarmed loudly, almost blasting his room, and his hand rummage out of his blanket to find his clock and quickly knock it's top head to shut the noisy sounds. He pick it to look at the time.
 
3, 2, 1....
 
“AHHH! I AM LATE!” he shriek and rushing into his bathroom without caring about his messy and untidy bedroom.
 
After daily wash-up, he wrapped his body with a towel and went to digging onto his closet, searching for clothes to wear. It has been a very longest time he haven't hangout, so it got him clueless about what to wear today. He wants to appear good-looking in front of senpai.
 
He scratched his head, unable to choose any. Fortunately, his mom knocked on the door and open it without receiving any answer from him. She's surprised by his sudden appearance for waking up early during weekend.
 
“Omona~ You're awake– Oh my. Are you on a date?” she teasingly asked.
 
She can sense it by seeing how frustrated he looked when throwing himself on the bed. She know he was clueless about what to wear. She understands his son.
 
Chan blushes and defending himself, “N-N-No! I-I'm going to hangout with my friends,” he stuttered. She chuckles at his cuteness and walks closer to him to pinches his cheeks softly.
 
“Aigoo~ My baby finally make some friends. How about I choose for you?”
 
Chan pouted when he heard the nickname given, “I'm not a baby!”
 
She ignore his son and tapping her chin as she turns to his closet. Chan places his palms against his cheeks while waiting for his mom's choice.
 
“A-ha!” 
 
He can see from the side view as she picks some casual yet trending type of clothes. She flashed a happy grin at him, “These!”
 
It is consisted of short sleeve white printed t-shirt and a pair of long skinny jeans with denim hoodie jacket. His lips curved a big smile and jumping off the bed to hug his mom dearly.
 
“Thanks!! I'll take these,” he kissed her cheek. She keeps grinning while pats his head, “You're welcome. Take a good care of yourself, okay?” and left the room for himself. He shut the door with a nonstop smile and starts changing. 
 
He goes to the mirror desk and fixing his hairstyle a bit. Adding a little gel to make his fringe up and showing his clean forehead by doing it. He smiles at his own reflected figure and spray a perfume then leaving his untidy room to downstairs.
 
“Mom, I'll get going first!” he shouts in the middle of shoving his denim converse.
 
“Do you want to eat something beforehand?” she asks but she shook his head, “Nope. But I'll get home early for dinner,” he promised.
 
She nods, “Okay, take care!” and he respond, “Nae~!” then automatically left.
 
 
 
Meanwhile in the other side scenery, Soonyoung has been sitting on the bench, located outside the cinema, surrounded with mall shops for twelve minutes after he arrived there and one by one, his friends are approaching him.
 
Lastly, Seungcheol and Junghan also make an appearance, except for Seungkwan since he had something else to run for.
 
He unstoppably waits for the last person. He's wearing a red plaid long sleeve buttoned shirt and printed HOSHI in white at the back view. As a pair of skinny white jeans with silver high-top sneakers. Everyone also had fashionable styles but Soonyoung's the most simplest yet looking great on him.
 
He checked his wristwatch while impatiently tapping his foot on the ground. The others were busily ordering popcorns, drinks, and so on. Then, he finally relieved when he see a quite familiar boy enter the building. The boy seems lost, so he decided to waves his hands up.
 
“Here!!”
 
Chan heard the voice and notice where is it coming from. He grinned before waves back and jogging towards Soonyoung's direction. Both of them were amazed to be able seeing each other's senses in styling.
 
“Woah~ Hyung, you're looking better than in uniform,”
 
Soonyoung laughs, “Nah. You're still looking better than I ever expect. Shall we get in? The others are waiting,” and Chan nods as they entered the theater. Soonyoung passed their tickets to the worker and fulling a few reserved seats.
 
Vernon sat at the last edge and beside him are Seungcheol, Jihoon, Junghan, Jisoo, Mingyu, and Wonwoo. Below their seats are Junhui, Minghao, Seokmin, Soonyoung, and Chan.
 
Due to late for buying anything, Minghao gave Soonyoung his popcorn and a soda, “Eh? But how about you?” asked Soonyoung when he take those. Minghao nodded at Junhui who watches the entire advertisements on the screen. They could share, so Soonyoung smiles.
 
He offer the popcorn at the younger.
 
“Oh, thank you,”
 
“No problem,”
 
The movie has made a beginning stories with some scenes creeping up. They watched Insidious: Chapter 3 because lacks of latest interesting movies. They've collected too many action movies DVDs, so.
 
When something keeps shocking the audience, it surprises Chan as well. In that whole hours, Chan couldn't handle himself but hiding and clawing on Soonyoung's arm. It made Soonyoung smiling alone, unnoticed by anybody and eventually doesn't feels anything through the entire movie.
 
A few seconds later, he instantaneously drop his smile to turn and stares at Chan, who's too scared to be aware of someone's stare.
 
*Should I tell him?*
 
 
 
An hour later, they are all exiting the theater after it put an ending. Some were stretching, some were yawning, and half of them were discussing about the plot. Soonyoung is one that seems less attracts to the movie earlier, so he had no idea of what are they talking about. He walked next to Chan.
 
He saw Chan keeps inhaling and exhaling. He smirks, “Scared?”
 
Chan huffed, “No! I was just surprised at how ghosts can be soooo ugly,” he create a reason to avoid embarrassment.
 
“Then why did you clings on my arm the whole minutes?” he teasingly asked.
 
*This guy seriously like mom.*
 
Chan bite his bottom lip in feeling embarrassed as regretfully sigh, “Fine. I'm scared of horror movies, especially when it comes to ghost stuffs,” he admitted. Soonyoung smiles at the honest statement.
 
“Hey, chill. Not everyone in this world is brave enough to watches horror,” he tries to calm Chan down by swung his arm around the latter's shoulders and they walks out of the mall to somewhere else. Chan could feel hotness on his cheeks.
 
Before they could suggest to go for an amusement park, Soonyoung heard a growling sounds. He take a look at Chan and realizes it was coming from the younger's stomach. Chan awkwardly grin as scratching his nape.
 
Soonyoung chuckles and calling his friends, “You guys can go first! I'll bring Chan to eat something!” he shouted at them. They spun around to respond, “Okay! Take your time!” and disappears to their next destination.
 
“Let's go. My treat!” he joyfully said.
 
Chan puckers his lips then nods. Soonyoung chuckle once more, “Don't make that face or I'll kiss you,” he blurts before walking passes Chan.
 
The younger had his eyes widening at those words and his cheeks is redden by the thought of it. He cupped his cheeks and shadowed his face using his hoodie on his head as following Soonyoung from behind.
 
 
 

Author's Corner;

Some tiny (or real) teases. /winkeu;