View

Sweet Lime
`CHAPTER TWO;
 
 LEE CHAN'S POV
Do rewind if you are wondering how I eventually liked this unknown senior. Weird, isn't it? Blame it on my eyes and how I see him attracting my attention without his realization. I was also curious at how supposedly I got this kind of feeling toward someone, even when it was my first day attending Dogyeom High. Let's get back to where it started.
 
         Here I am. Standing by the gateway, trying to figure out some unfamiliar faces surrounding my corners and everyone seems to not care much if I am a newbie. They were just walks and passing by. It's a good impression since I don't really prefer attention from many, especially if it's like a bad ones — this is not a bullying concept, of course.
 
I watched as everyone minding their own businesses. Some were talking and chat with their friends, some were busily messaging and tapping their phone's screen. I also can spot some students were making their ways out and inside the building. I could guess it was built for rich kids.
 
I took a deep inhale then continue to breathes normally as soon as I stepped upon a cold marble ground, attached to this luxurious building, couraged with great decoration and immediately leads to the staircase after crossing reception counter. I grabbed a piece of schedule paper and tries to search for my class.
 
Walking into the hallways, my eyes were fixing on each classroom's signboard while counting the numbers and stopped right in front of the last lined-up room. I re-checked and it fits what was written on my printed paper.
 
Class 3-2A.
 
Nodded in confirmation, I reaches my hand to knock on the door to received a permission at first polite gesture.
 
“Come in,” and so did I opened the door, revealing tens eyes darting on my direction. I can't guess whether they hate or like seeing me here or ignore my existence- well, that's how school life processing nowadays.
 
I bowed at the teacher who has stopped chalking on the black board and gave me a slight smile as I stepped inside to hand her my document profile. She took it from my hand and read through the forms. She lowered her eye-glasses a bit to have a good eye-sight on it. I patiently waited for her response.
 
“You're a good student. It'll be nice having you here. Welcome to Dogyeom High. Please introduce yourself to your class,” she said and slamming her cane to quiet down some noisiness. I gulped and turn around to face them.
 
By one bow, I begin to speak, “Hello, my name is Lee Chan and I was born on Iksan-si, Jeollakbu-do. I'm new here, so please treat me well,”
 
Once I've finished voicing my introduction, I can see some faces were brighten up and half of them seems uninterested, mostly among the guys, definitely. Except for one male who does not block himself from smiling at me. I thought he'd be on his daydream or something?
 
“Alright. Lee Chan-ssi, you may sit next to our class president, Boo Seungkwan. Seungkwan-ssi, please raise your hand!” 
 
I rotates my gaze fell on the same person as before, whom had unstoppably kept his cheerful expression at me. He raised his hand up, signalling he's the class president, as well as my new deskmate.
 
“Our classroom has finally fulled, luckily you're early,” she commented.
 
I flashed a tiny smile then bow a bit before walking towards my seat. Placing down my backpack, I was greet by him, as expected.
 
“Hi! It's a pleasure to have you as my deskmate. I'm Seungkwan,” he lend a hand and I shook it in reply, “Chan,” with a slightest grin. He nods and sitting properly. I understand his position as our leader, so I pull out my textbook alongside pencil case and notebook.
 
“Let's begin. Open your Mathematics textbook and turn to the page 220,”
 
 
 
Riiiiiingggggggg! ]
 
The school bell ranging for breaktime. I packed my things into my backpack to secured safety. I am afraid if somebody steals my stuffs, and zipped it up. I felt someone's taps on my shoulder and looks up to see who am I expecting.
 
“Hey, wanna go lunch with my friends?” he offered and I was close to reject it until I heard some people running across the hallway and I tend to looks at them. A guy with his bouncing messed blonde hair draw an attention on me. I blinked few times, although he has nowhere visible in my vision, but I'm awake by his voice.
 
“Earth to Lee Chan!”
 
I stuttering, “N-na-nae?” as glimpsing around to notice what do I missed. Seungkwan pursed his lips and shook his head, “Nothing. Let's go! Or we'll be late for resting hour!” he pulled my arm and I had to follow him jogging towards a cafeteria.
 
I was amazed by it's decoration, largeness, and amount of foods were provided. I can hashtag this as heaven and paradise. He invites me to sit at shared table with his other known as close friends. I introduced myself and they happily welcomed me to have a seat.
 
Ended up sitting at the edge from the table, next to an Caucasian-alike guy.
 
“Hey, I'm Hansol Vernon Chwe, but you can call me Vernon. It's nice to meet you. Actually, we are in the same class,”
 
“Oh really? But why I haven't seen you around earlier?” I questioning him out of curiosity and he chuckled. *Wow. He exactly looks like Leonardo Dicaprio and resembles to vampire's features.* I thought to myself.
 
“I was ditching first and second lessons earlier, that's why,” he explained. My mouth made a perfect O shape and nods.
 
I was about to gaps my mouth to say something but Seungkwan interrupted. Bringing tons of sandwiches and toss one at me as I catch it nicely, “Thanks!” he smiled as I thanked him. I begin to unwrap the plastic and took a big bite to satisfying my hungry tummy.
 
Meanwhile they are all occupied with foods and drinks, plus chattering. I examines each areas and one person stopped me from looking at others. I just paused eating after he appeared into my faculty of sight, once again.
 
He's literally indescribable for conquering blonde hairstyle as dripped of little green hairdye on top of his head, his eyes are slanted in a way that it looks like the hands of a clock when it's at 10:10, his puffy pinkish lips, and his way of treating his friends. People would think he's a plain boy but I think otherwise.
 
Little dids I know, my eyes keeps tracking him and everywhere he goes. He lined up in front of his, probably, one of his best friend. I notice the other guy behind him talks to the blond one as the brown one pointed out his finger at me. I was shocked and widened eyes then quickly looks away. Praying he didn't see me and pretends to eating my sandwiches edibly.
 
Nervousness are attacking my entire soul. I snatch a glance at someone who sat beside me and guessing Vernon must have been thought I was insane. Resumes to try terminates foods into my stomach for few minutes counted.
 
I sat up properly and saw him sitting down. Another cop-in-disguise made the blonde one glance at me and as usual, I looks away. I was stealing some glances. A sigh in relief were escaped when I see him talking to his friend. I stares at their direction.
 
I am slowly losing the reality once he got headlocked and struggling to fight back but I found this is extremely adorable and funny. I did not know since when I giggled, I just felt myself grinning at him.
 
“Ayo! What are you giggling about?” asked Vernon. I recognized his voice and his accent in Korean sounds different than original Koreans, so it's easy to guess.
 
I immediately throw away my thoughts and smiles at him, “Nope. Nothing,”
 
He smirked, sends me a chill, “You liked 10:10?” and I tilted my head to the side.
 
“I meant that senior over there,” he nodded at the blonde one, whom had winning against his friend. They are my seniors.
 
“You know him?”
 
“Absolutely. He was used to be my neighbor before his family moved to a better house when I was still in the kindergarten. He's Kwon Soonyoung, or people called him 10:10 for his eyes. He's the senior and will graduated next year. He had many best friends but the ones he's closest with, are Lee Jihoon and Lee Seomin,” he explained.
 
I think my jaws dropped.
 
*Is he a rapper?*
 
 
 


Author's corner :

Ta-dang! THANK YOU FOR MY SUBSCRIBERS. don't hate my Konglish juseyo. lol jk. /head shot;