10.

Bubble tea hardships

''Luhan?''

One of the working maids called his name. She was the one whom he had spoken to last time. Then, It hit Luhan. He was at Sehun's house. The Oh's were Sehun's parents. The little brat.

''What are you doing here? Didn't you say that you weren't sir Sehun's friend anymore?'' The maid asked. Luhan's mom looked at him as if she missed something. Luhan mouthed a 'nothing' to her. 

''That is true.'' he remembered the conversation the two of them held earlier. Sehun's voice came across Luhan's mind again. ''That damn voice'' Luhan thought. He just wanted to forget the pasta noodle, but apparently, the universe didn't let him. Luhan wanted to tell the maid his mother had been friends with the Oh's and he came along, but he interrupted before he could even speak.

''Welcome, Meijin. Oh.. and I see that you brought Luhan too. Wonderful. Very nice to see you both again after such a long period.'' Mrs Oh walked in and greeted us friendly. She didn't change much. Luhan recognized her right away. Her childish-looking face was always smiling and her long brown hair fell as a cape around her head and shoulders. Sehun didn't look one bit like her. He was like the total contrary of his mom. His long face and sharp jawline gave him an arrogant look. He totally looked like one of those rich guys that had not done a single strenous work in life. Luhan liked mrs. Oh way better than Sehun.

''Come, please sit down. We have so much talk to do.'' Mrs Oh told them as she let the Xiao's to the living room. The living room was immense. Walls were painted a beige colour with on each side of Luhan a grand window. The room was decorated with side tables and other kinds of canbinets. But the one thing that Luhan amazed the most was the giant painting of the family Oh. Precisely in the middle of the room. It kinda made Luhan feel jealous. Not because of the luxuriance the familiy had, but because of how happy they looked. They truly seemed like a complete, successful family.

''Sehun, darling, are you coming? We have guest, you know!'' Mrs Oh yelled. An abhorrent feeling washed over Luhan as the son of the household walked closer and closer to him. What would happen once Sehun would see him. Would he be angry. Would he yell or scream or maybe even hit him. Luhan didn't know and didn't want to find out. He just wanted the ground to swallow him or become invisible so that no one would see him.

Sehun entered the room and bowed at the guests. When he looked up, he was being met with Luhan's face full of horror. Sehun's face tightened and a small ''hello'' escaped his lips. He went to sit next to him mom, whom sat at the other side of the small table. That small table was the only thing that protected Luhan and retained Sehun from coming closer to him.

Mom clearly noticed the awkward and frightening tension between me and Sehun and continued the conversation with mrs Oh. 

''Young Eun~ah, where is your husband? I'd really like to meet him too. I, formerly, saw you two always together. How come he isn't here right now?'' ''He is in Japan for three months, working. He had some clients over there, who needed his help. He didn't want to leave us, but Sehun and I agreed for him to go, so he went.'' ''Your husband is as sweet as always. Even back then, he wouldn't want to leave you when Sehun had just been born. He always wanted to take care of both of you.'' Mom's compliment made both Sehun and mrs Oh smile. ''Yes, he is wonderful, but speaking of which, where is your husband? Also working?''

Mom's smile faded and she looked at the ground, trying so stop the coming tears. She always did that when she was about to start crying. It broke Luhan's heart every time she cried. ''Father died.'' I said firmly, not letting the others notice my sadness. I didn't want to look weak and pathetic. It would only amuse Sehun more, probably.

''What? Are.. are you serious?'' Mrs Oh was shocked, her face showing terror. Luhan nodded. ''He died three years ago. Car accident, they said.''

 

-- Flashback --

''Where is my father? Why can't I see him. I am his son. His only son.''

''I'm sorry. We couldn't anything anymore. I'm sorry.'' The doctor put his arm on my shoulder but I shook it off. How dared he touch me. He couldn't even save my father.

''Leave me alone. I want to see him!'' I pushed past the doctors and nurses who tried to stop me but couldn't. I had to see my father.

''Stop him.'' The doctor yelled vaguely but I didn't care. I had to find him.

The door of the room was open and a body connected to several machines was lying there. ''Dad, dad!'' I screamed but it didn't have any result. He didn't woke up, he never would.

I walked closer to him. Wanting to see him for the last time, but I stumbled back when I saw him. His face and arms where maimed. Blood was all over the place. I couldn't even recognize him. He wasn't my dad anymore.

-- End of flashback --

 

''Oh.. I am so sorry. I didn't know that. If I had known this.. I.. oh god, the funeral. We didn't even go to the funeral. I am so so sorry.'' Mrs Oh was sobbing and Sehun looked with a face I couldn't recognize. Was he making fun of me or was he surprised. His expression wasn't readable.

Mom and mrs Oh went for a walk around the garden, which was more like a park, to calm down a bit, letting me and Sehun behind. There was an awkward silence between us and neither said something. The feeling was eating me up. The fact that I was with Sehun was bad enough but the fact that Sehun knew about my dad was just worse. I didn't like to tell people my history. Especially not to Sehun.

Sehun, clearly aware of the awkward tension, opened his mouth to speak.

''Come with me.''