One Too Many Drinks

Boarding School

“We should go back to the party,” Yoongi whispered, lying on top of Jimin, face close. 

“No,” Jimin pouted. 

“Come on,” Yoongi laughed, “they’re going to wonder where we are.” 

“Then let them wonder,” Jimin retorted. Yoongi got up off the bed and offered his hand to Jimin, who eventually took it and let Yoongi help him up. 

“Let’s go,” Yoongi ushered, patting his pockets to check he had his phone. The pair traipsed up the many flights of stairs once more to enter the party. They peered around the room, checking that their peers hadn’t noticed the amount of time they’d been gone as they returned to their places on the sofa with Jin and Hobi.

“You’ve sobered up a bit,” Jin noted suspiciously. Yoongi raised his eyebrows and shrugged. 

“I guess the walk back to the dorm did me some good,” he said, his speech clearly a bit less slurred than before, and his posture more upright, however he was still swaying a little. 

“What took you guys so long?” Hobi asked straight out. 

“We walked very slowly, it took a while for me to help Yoongi down and then back up the stairs,” Jimin lied. Although it wasn’t a complete lie, it did take a while. 

“No kidding,” Jin muttered. 

"Well anyway," Hobi digressed the conversation, "hows classes going for you guys? The one's that I'm not in with you of course," he asked. Jin spoke up first. 

"I'm doing pretty well in everything, as well as my parents would want me to anyway," he muttered the last part. 

"Mm same with the parents, such high expectations," Hobi sighed. 

"I know right?" Jin sighed too. 

"Well what about you two? Jimin hows sociology going? You're the only one of us that takes sociology," Hobi asked. All eyes reverting to Jimin. He gulped, trying to think of what to say about the actual class rather than the certain people in it. Which was hard, seeing as that group of boys were clouding all of his thoughts in that class. 

"Oh, it's hard," he commented, "um, yeah, but I'm getting good grades," he finished, deciding on leaving it at that. The others nodded, dropping the subject. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

During the time that Yoongi and Jimin were upstairs, Namjoon, Taehyung, and Jungkook had found themselves sitting in the corner of the room together. Namjoon had his head on Jungkook’s shoulder, not quite being able to sit up for long on his own. Jungkook didn’t mind, Namjoon was his friend after all, possibly his best friend, and he did tell him he can get drunk this time. Taehyung was just lying on the ground, the room spinning around him. He occasionally talked or laughed to himself about random things that popped into that weird mind of his. Namjoon lifted up his head and looked over to Taehyung, who had rolled onto his side. 

“Tae, you’ve really drank too much this time. You’re going to throw up soon,” he commented, his own speech slurred. 

“I didn’t throw up last time,” Taehyung pointed out. 

“You weren’t lying on the floor talking to yourself last time,” Namjoon retorted. Taehyung rolled his eyes. 

“Hey, you’re drunk too!” he argued, rolling onto his back again. 

“At least I can stand up if I want to,” Namjoon said. Taehyung looked up at him. 

“So stand up then,” he mumbled. Namjoon raised one eyebrow before using Jungkook to support himself and stand up, he wobbled a bit but stayed on his feet. 

“You see?” he said childishly. 

“Yeah?” Taehyung slurred, sitting up slowly and then using the wall to help himself up. 

“You see?” he imitated Namjoon, getting close to him. Jungkook groaned and stood up too, next to them. 

“You guys are really arguing about this?” he raised his voice a little before calming down and continuing. 

“Why are you arguing about who’s drunk and who’s not? You’re both drunk, okay? Maybe Taehyung is a little more drunk than Namjoon but you’ve both had too much alcohol tonight and it’s making you both argue about childish things. Who cares if you can stand up or not? Are you seriously arguing over this? Gosh…” he moaned, folding his arms. 

“We’re not arguing,” Taehyung retorted.

“Oh really?” Jungkook asked slyly, “then what’s this?” he waved his hand, gesturing to the fact that Namjoon and Taehyung were standing facing each other as if they were about to have some sort of duel. 

“It’s just two people talking! You’re too young to understand, just stay out of it,” Taehyung said coldly, pushing Jungkook away more harshly than he had meant to. No one had seen this side of Taehyung before tonight, he was usually so bubbly and kind. It’s as if he’s bubbly, then he drinks and gets hyper and even more bubbly, then if he keeps drinking, he gets to a certain point that surpasses bubbly and friendly and goes all the way down to cold and childish, and not the good kind of childish he usually is. Jungkook opened his mouth in surprise at someone as nice as Taehyung pushing him away so harshly. Namjoon snapped instantly, he was always protective over Jungkook, but it was just little thing usually. Like he’d see someone in class look at Jungkook weirdly and he’d glare at them, but never had he imagined he’d see someone hurt him. Especially not one of their friends. His protective reflexes instantly kicked in and he pushed Taehyung against the near by wall, pinning him there by his shoulders. 

“You did not just push Jungkook like that,” Namjoon seethed. Taehyung pushed Namjoon off him, squaring up to him intimidatingly. 

“Well I did,” Taehyung slurred heavily. 

“Guys stop it please!” Jungkook begged, stepping right in the middle of them. Taehyung pushed him away again. Namjoon instantly flipped out and punched Taehyung hard in the face, causing the latter to crash to the ground. Others from the party realise what’s happening and start to gather round. The rest of the group all notice as well and run over, Yoongi and Jimin run straight to Namjoon and hold him back, standing on either side of him, restricting his arms. 

“Calm down,” Jimin said quietly in his ear. Hobi and Jin run to Taehyung and kneel down next to him, tapping him asking if he’s alright. Namjoon stood breathing heavily before forcing Yoongi and Jimin off him and turning around, storming out of the room angrily. Jungkook ran after him, feeling like Namjoon would be happiest if he followed him, rather than anyone else. 

“Lets go and get you cleaned up,” Jin said to Taehyung, pulling him up gently by his arm. Taehyung’s face wasn’t completely covered in blood, but it didn’t look great. Jin and Hobi both helped him up and lead him out of the room together. The stares of the whole room following them out. Yoongi and Jimin stood there helplessly, not really knowing what they should be doing, and if they should even be doing anything. 

“I think they were just both a little too drunk,” Jimin said quietly, shaking just slightly from watching what just happened. 

“Yeah,” Yoongi agreed, “they’ll probably apologise to each other tomorrow and it’ll all be forgotten about. Are you okay?” 

“I’m fine,” Jimin laughed softly at himself, lifting his hands up in front of him and watching them shake slightly. Yoongi took both of Jimin’s hands in his own and just smiled, instantly calming him down. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jungkook chased Namjoon, who was walking incredibly fast down the corridors. 

“Namjoon?!” he called out, running around a corner and halting suddenly when he realised Namjoon was right there, leaning against the wall slumped forward, hands shaking violently. He approached him quietly and slowly, like you would with a very shy cat. He just stood next to him on the wall, leaning upright against it. 

“Are you okay?” Namjoon mumbled, still slumped forward. Jungkook frowned in surprise. 

“Of course I’m okay, I came to ask if you were okay,” Jungkook said softly. 

“You were the one that got pushed like that,” Namjoon said regretfully. 

“It wasn’t that bad,” Jungkook sighed, “he only pushed me a little.” Namjoon finally stood upright and leant properly against the wall. 

“I know, but he still pushed you quite hard, and I worry about you,” he admitted. Jungkook smiled fondly at his friend. 

“Thank you for worrying about me,” he laughed softly. Namjoon groaned, what he’d just done suddenly dawning on him. 

“Is Taehyung alright?” he asked. 

“I don’t know,” Jungkook replied honestly, “when I left the room he was still just lying on the floor bleeding.” 

“He’s bleeding?!” Namjoon suddenly raised his voice. 

“You did punch him pretty hard,” Jungkook commented. Namjoon groaned again, louder. 

“I feel bad, but at the same time he had it coming to him,” he said, burying his face in his hands in exasperation at the whole situation. 

“He’s not usually like this, he was just too drunk. You know he’s usually lovely. Talk to him tomorrow when he’s sober and back to his normal self,” Jungkook suggested. Namjoon sighed heavily, puffing his cheeks out as he let out a long breath. He’d have to face him tomorrow, in fact he’d sort of have to face him tonight in the dorm, but hopefully he’ll just be asleep. But tomorrow morning no matter what he had to talk to him and apologise- as long as he apologised to Jungkook for pushing him too. 

“I’m never drinking again,” Namjoon promised, although he was obviously just saying that, and Jungkook knew he didn’t mean it. 

I’m really happy because I’ve started getting more views and comments! I decided to put this story out on tumblr, I don’t have the most popular blog but I have enough (loyal) followers (all of which are mutuals as I follow everyone back) who either read this, or they reblogged my post about it for me so it would spread around, so thank you anyone who did that! My tumblr is mimizhou by the way, if anyone wants to follow me, I’ll follow you straight back. And send me an ask as well, I LOVE chatting. Especially if you say you’re one of my readers, that will really make my day^-^