The Truth

Boarding School

Yoongi lay out on the small bed, head on Seojun’s lap. Seojun had his hand on Yoongi’s head, playing with his hair gently with one hand, phone in the other. Yoongi was also scrolling down his phone. The two just enjoying each other’s company. Yoongi put his phone in his pocket and sat up, he scooted closer to Seojun and pouted when Seojun didn’t draw away from his phone. 

“Hey,” Yoongi nudged him. 

“Hmm?” Seojun smiled, looking up from his phone. 

“Kiss me,” Yoongi whispered. Seojun chuckled, leaning in close and kissing Yoongi gently before pulling back. Yoongi sighed, wanting more. 

“Seojun? When are we going to just say we’re…you know, a thing?” he asked. Seojun opened his mouth a little, looking at Yoongi sympathetically. 

“Oh…Yoongi,” he sighed, putting hand on Yoongi’s knee. “I’m not looking for a serious relationship.” Yoongi frowned. 

“But, then what’s this?” he asked, gesturing to the questionable position they were sitting in together. 

“I just want a close relationship with someone, you know? Someone to cuddle and hold, someone to protect, but I’m not ready to settle down yet. I’m bi-ual too Yoongi, I love being affectionate with you but I think in the future I’m going to settle down with a woman. Yoongi I’m so sorry,” he apologised, taking Yoongi’s hands in his own and pulling him closer. Yoongi backed away.

“I thought this meant something to you,” he snapped. 

“It does! But it’s just temporary. I didn’t mean to hurt you, I promise! I’m so sorry I should have told you from the beginning, I didn’t know you felt this way about me,” Seojun assured, draping his arm round Yoongi, who pulled away. 

“Well I do,” Yoongi admitted, “I really like you Seojun,” he let a tear fall down his face, Seojun began to panic when he saw the tear fall. 

“No no no I didn’t mean to upset you!” he panicked. 

“Then you shouldn’t have lead me on for over 2 months!” Yoongi buried his face in his hands and started to sob quietly. 

“,” Seojun swore, instantly wrapping his arms round Yoongi and rubbing his back. 

“It’s okay,” Yoongi cried softly, “sorry for getting mad at you,” he apologised. 

“You’re not mad?” Seojun asked in surprise, still hugging the crying boy tightly.
“No, I understand where you’re coming from with this,” he said. 

“Oh thank God,” Seojun sighed heavily with relief. 

“Can we still be close like we have been all this time?” Yoongi mumbled into Seojun’s chest. 

“Of course we can,” Seojun comforted, hugging him even tighter and closer. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The rest of the group sat in their usual spot at break time while Yoongi was with Seojun, sitting in their usual circle just chatting. 

“Do you think Yoongi is with that Seojun guy right now?” Taehyung asked the others, looking around for answers. 

“Most likely,” Namjoon guessed for him. 

“Yeah it looks like their really good friends,” Jungkook remarked innocently. The whole group looked at him somewhat sympathetically. 

“What?” Jungkook asked. 

Friends?” Jin questioned, raising his eyebrows at Jungkook- who opened his mouth a little. 

“You- you think they’re more than friends?” he asked quietly, “is Yoongi even…gay?” 

“We don’t know,” Namjoon stated.

“But he might be,” Taehyung added. 

“We were talking about it the other night in the dorm when Yoongi wasn’t here,” Jin began, “we think they might be together. It’s not just normal hanging out during the day, he’s gone nights too, what boys have regular sleepovers without getting up to something?” he proposed to Jungkook, who nodded along in understanding. 

“I mean, we can’t know that for sure,” Namjoon started, “and you shouldn’t jump to conclusions, but it seems likely, don’t you think?” 

“I suppose,” Jungkook admitted, “but isn’t there others in his dorm at night?” 

“Some rich kids here get a room of their own,” Taehyung confirmed. 

“And you think that’s the case?” Hobi asked. 

“Have you seen that kid?” Taehyung shot back, “he has the latest samsung phone, and I’ve seen him in his normal clothes in the evenings- he has nice clothes. Designer labels and what not,” he nodded enthusiastically. The rest of the boys all nodded, feeling like a group of detectives discussing their theories on the case. 

“Hmm,” Jimin thought aloud, scratching the back of his neck. 

“Well anyway,” Namjoon diverted the conversation, “we have one more class left of the day and then after dinner it’s the party!” the others cheered and all stood up to go to their next classes. 

“I’m going this way!” Jimin called, already walking in the other direction towards his most hated class- the one with those boys in. It wasn’t so bad anymore, they never bothered him in the lesson, he just felt targeted and watched. As long as he only saw them inside the classroom while everyone was in there- it would be okay. 

“Speaking of which,” Jimin mumbled to himself, spotting the group in the distance. He looked around for a different route but realised he had already been seen. 

“Jiminnie!” the leader called. Jimin just looked straight forward, ready to just walk past and ignore them. He kept his distance as much as he could on the slightly narrower path, took a deep breath and just walked. You’d think he’d see it coming- what happened next. As if it hadn’t happened before already, one of the boys stuck out his foot and let Jimin go crashing down to the floor. He didn’t know whether this was more painful than last time or not. Last time was on carpet, but he hit his side on the desk; however this time was on hard, stoney gravel. He tried to use his hands to break his fall but they gave out and he ended up flat on the ground. 

“,” he swore quietly, groaning as some blood dripped from his face onto the stones. He decided to just scramble up quickly and run away, the laughs of the group getting quieter in the distance. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“PARTY TIME!” Taehyung shouted, jumping about excitedly. 

“Calm down,” Namjoon chuckled, fondly hitting Taehyung round the head. 

“Ow,” Taehyung pouted. The group of 7 walked in a cluster up the flights of stairs to the common room and entered the party. 

“Bye!” Taehyung called, blending straight into the crowds. Namjoon quickly came to Jungkook’s side.

“I think I’ll be okay this time if you want to get drunk this time,” Jungkook said kindly.

“Are you sure?” Namjoon asked. 

“Yeah, go for it,” Jungkook laughed, pushing Namjoon over to where the drinks were. 

“Ah, now what do I do?” it suddenly dawned on him that he was alone. 

“Hey Namjoon! Get me one too!” he chased after his friend. 

“Come on Hobi,” Jin ushered Hobi to come and socialise. 

“You guys coming?” he asked, looking over to Jimin and Yoongi. 

“Yoongi are you okay?” Jimin asked. Yoongi nodded sadly. 

“Yeah, come one lets go and get a drink,” he smiled as best as he could. The 4 made their way over to the drinks, all pouring themselves something. 

“Shall we just sit over there and chill?” Jin suggested. The others agreed and followed him over to some sofas. They all plonked down heavily, sitting back into the comfy seat and sighing. 

“It’s so good to relax,” Jin sighed, taking a sip of his drink, “Yoongi and I were up late last night doing work,” he looked over to Yoongi, eyes widening as Yoongi was practically necking alcohol down his throat. 

“Hey slow down,” Jin warned, tapping Yoongi lightly. 

“Nuh-uh,” the latter mumbled into his drink, shaking his head. Jin tutted as Yoongi finished the last drop of the drink. Yoongi wasn’t usually a heavy drinker or anything, but who can blame him this time? He’d shown unconditional love to Seojun for more than 2 months, just to have that all come crashing down. Well it wasn’t quite that bad, they were still in the same cozy relationship, but the knowledge that it will never be anything more was killing him. 

“I’m getting another drink,” he declared. 

“Ah, Yoongi!” Hobi called after him, knowing this was a bad idea. Yoongi came back quickly with a full glass. 

“Oh dear god,” Hobi face palmed as Yoongi stumbled onto the sofa. 

“If you’re gonna drink so fast, drink the weak stuff!” Jin scolded. 

“It doesn’t have the same effect,” Yoongi argued. The others sighed fondly at their friend. 

“Ah, ,” Yoongi swore, “I left my phone in the dorm,” he realised, patting all the pockets in his jeans. 

“Do you need it?” Hobi asked. 

“I’d feel better with in on me you know?” Yoongi moaned, speech slurring. He stumbled to a standing position. 

“I’ll come with you,” Jimin said, hurrying over to support him, “just in case.” Jimin helped Yoongi out of the party and back down all the stairs to their dorm. 

“Thank you for coming with me,” Yoongi slurred, leaning onto Jimin, breathing on his neck. Jimin smiled to himself at the contact, admittedly enjoying it. The pair stumbled into the dorm, Yoongi relying on Jimin to keep him upright. As they were entering the room, Jimin brought up the question he’d been dying to ask. 

“Yoongi, what is Seojun to you?” he asked, watching Yoongi as he went and grabbed his phone from the bedside table. Yoongi- in his drunken state- was obviously overly sensitive to emotions. The others had figured that Yoongi was that kind of drunk. He was usually very reserved and didn’t show much emotion, but when drunk he was much more outwards with his emotion. Yoongi put his phone in his pocket and sat on the edge of his bed, burying his face into hands and bursting out in tears. Jimin frantically ran over and sat next to him, not really sure what to do or say. 

“Y-Yoongi! What’s wrong? I’m sorry! I wasn’t going to ask I just thought I’d try,” he stuttered, rubbing Yoongi’s back as he sobbed into his hands. 

“No it’s fine. Seojun is nothing to me. I thought he was, I thought we had something, but he told me today that he’s not interested in a relationship so he’s nothing to me I guess,” Yoongi admitted, calming down at looking straight forward again. 

“I see, sorry it didn’t work out with Seojun,” Jimin apologised, “so…you are gay then?” 

“Yes,” Yoongi confirmed. 

“But, you’re single?” 

“Yes,” he confirmed again. 

“I’m sorry,” he stated.

“What for?” Yoongi asked. 

“This,” Jimin said bluntly, leaning in slowly. Yoongi picked up on what was happening and leaned in too, putting his hand round the back of Jimin’s head, and grabbing his hair gently. Their lips met slowly and hesitantly, Yoongi was the first to use his tongue- requesting access to Jimin’s mouth. Their lips moved in sync as Jimin scooted in closer and wrapped both arms round Yoongi’s neck. Yoongi pulled back. 

“Are…are you gay?” he asked, eyes wide. Jimin shrugged, kissing Yoongi again. He pulled away for a second. 

“That’s what I’m trying to find out.”

How did I get this chapter up so fast? Answer: I did no work at college today, I just wrote this hahah. Well I hope you like it, there was meant to be much more, but then I got this far and it said 1800 words so I decided to split the chapter in half, so the rest will be up tomorrow! 

PLEASE COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK IF YOU HAVE TIME, IT GIVES ME SO MUCH MOTIVATION <3