Making Up

Boarding School

The sunlight seeped into the room, along with the sound of an alarm clock. Dorm 19 stirred in their sleep, none of them quite ready to get up yet- even the hungover Taehyung. One by one they eventually rolled out of bed, going about their own morning routines. 4 boys with 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom wasn’t proving as hard as they all thought it would be, they managed every morning just fine. The fact they all got along well helped a lot- although this was the most awkward morning they had ever experienced. Everyone was silent with the knowledge of last nights little fight at the party. The tension in the room was really strong, the 4 of them got ready silently. Minding their own business. 

“Taehyung,” Namjoon finally said, breaking the silence. Taehyung just looked up at him, his face emotionless. 

“Come down to breakfast early with me, we should talk,” Namjoon proposed, Taehyung nodded. Clearly willing enough to fix things. Namjoon and Taehyung finished getting ready quickly and left the room together, walking to the dining hall in silence. 

“That was tense,” Yoongi muttered to Jin, who laughed softly. 

“No kidding, I hope they work this out,” he said. 

“I’m sure they will,” Yoongi reassured him, “if we’ve learned anything from last night- it’s that they’re fine as long as they’re sober.” 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taehyung and Namjoon sat opposite each other at the table, eating cereal one bite at a time. Both hungover, and clearly both not feeling great after the night before. Namjoon observed the light bruise on Taehyung’s face, suddenly feeling even worse about lashing out. He really wasn’t a violent person in general, but he could snap easily if a certain situation arises. 

“So, last night,” Namjoon began. Taehyung looked up from his cereal, eyes bloodshot and tired looking. 

“Ah, Tae I’m really sorry I punched you. Oh and pushed you against the wall,” Namjoon said seriously. 

“No I deserved it,” Taehyung admitted, looking down again. “I was too drunk last night and I shouldn’t have argued with you and pushed Jungkook out of the way.” 

“I was too drunk too, I wasn’t as drunk as you but I was too drunk,” Namjoon responded. Taehyung laughed softly. 

“I’ll apologise to Jungkook too,” he said. Namjoon nodded and smiled. 

“Thank you,” he replied. 

“Sometimes I think, in some ways- you and I aren’t so different,” Taehyung stated. 

“How so?” Namjoon asked. 

“We were both sent here because in simple terms we were failing school, right?” Taehyung pondered. 

“I mixed with the wrong crowd,” Namjoon sighed, thinking back to his days at school. 

“And we both came here to make a change and do well in our education, yet we both ended up in a fight with each other,” Taehyung said, Namjoon chuckled as he finished the last bite of cereal. 

“Sad isn’t it?” he commented. “You’ve never said much about your school life,” he gestured for Taehyung to say something. 

“Hmm, there’s not much to it I guess, I daydreamed at school a lot,” he admitted. Namjoon laughed. 

“Why does that not surprise me?” 

“I am a pretty distant person at times,” Taehyung laughed, “ I guess I was also somewhat the class clown. I tried to be funny all the time, I love making people laugh. But I suppose it also comes from the fact that I’ve always found it hard to make friends the way most people do, so I just act like the class clown and people like me,” he shrugged. “My parents always misunderstood me though, they’ve always thought I’m dumb.” 

“My parents misunderstand me too, I think a lot of people did, I didn’t mean to mix with that group it just happened and there was no way out. My parents would never believe me when I said I wasn’t a bad kid really. So they sent me to boarding school to let me prove that. I’m glad I came here actually,” Namjoon confessed.Taehyung nodded. 

“I understand that,” he said, “I also like it here. I’m paying more attention in class now.”
“Me too,” Namjoon laughed. 

“I’m glad we worked things out, sorry again for last night,” Taehyung apologised once again, smiling at Namjoon. 

“It’s fine, I’m sorry too,” Namjoon returned the smile. He stuck his hand out, willing Taehyung to shake it. Taehyung ignored it and simply went round the table and hugged Namjoon, who was taken back from the sudden gesture but wrapped his arms around him and hugged back. The two rocked side to side slightly as the prolonged hug lasted. 

“I think they made up,” Yoongi muttered to Jin, the two boys appearing out of nowhere. Taehyung and Namjoon pulled away, smiling at Yoongi and Jin. 

“We decided we’d come down and see how you two were doing,” Jin smiled. 

“You ruined our little moment,” Taehyung teased. 

“Yup! Sorry!” Yoongi laughed as he went and got some food, Jin followed suit, leaving Taehyung and Namjoon alone again. 

“If there’s a party- neither of us are getting drunk, okay?” Namjoon asked. 

“Deal,” Taehyung promised. 

“More food!” Taehyung exclaimed like a little kid. Namjoon laughed and shook his head fondly, sitting back down at the table, playing with his phone while he waited for one of the others to join him. Eventually, Dorm 18 joined them for breakfast and the 7 of them found themselves all together again happily. 

“So you two made up then?” Hobi asked Namjoon and Taehyung from the other end of the table. 

“Yeah, we’re good,” Taehyung chirped. 

“How’s the bruise?” Jimin asked Taehyung, who ran his fingers over it gently, smiling gently. 

“It’s fine, it will heal,” he said positively. 

“Hey,” Namjoon nudged Taehyung and pointed to Jungkook. 

“Oh yeah!” Taehyung remembered, “Kookie I’m really sorry for pushing you,” he said, voice now sounding sad. Jungkook laughed at him and waved his hands in opposition. 

“It’s fine, it’s fine!” he exclaimed. Taehyung beamed at him in thanks. 

“What classes do you all have first?” Jimin raised. 

“What day is it?” Taehyung asked. 

“You don’t even know what day it is?” Hobi laughed. Taehyung shook his head innocently. 

“There’s being a free spirit, then there’s you,” Hobi teased. The others all agreed instantly. 

“What can I say,” Taehyung shrugged. 

“It’s Friday. Anyway…classes?” Jungkook reverted the conversation back. 

“Maths,” Jimin stated. 

“Same,” Yoongi chirped in. 

“Really?” Jimin beamed, overly happy that Yoongi was in his class, he blushed shyly and laughed softly at himself. 

“Want to walk with me?” Yoongi laughed somewhat awkwardly, somewhat fondly. Jimin nodded happily. The 7 boys ate breakfast happily, enjoying each other’s company while they ate before they went to their classes for the day. 

“Shall we go to maths?” Yoongi asked Jimin, noticing that he’d also finished eating. 

“Yeah. Bye guys!” Jimin waved as him and Yoongi walked side by side to their class. 

“I’m glad Tae and Namjoon made up,” Jimin commented. 

“Me too. I’m kind of hoping that they won’t get drunk at the next party thought. We’ve learnt that alcohol doesn’t mix well with either of them anyway, but put them together and bam- fighting,” Yoongi huffed at the memory. 

“Mmm,” Jimin agreed. “Although maybe it was a one time thing, but still…we should at least moderate them next time if they do drink.” 

“Yeah,” Yoongi replied. “So about what happened when we were in my dorm,” he began. The heat instantly rose to Jimin’s cheeks and he felt flustered and shy. 

“O-Oh yeah,” he stammered, worried about what Yoongi was going to say. Was it bad? Did he only continue because he was drunk? Does he regret it? 

“It was nice,” Yoongi said simply. 

“Really?” Jimin asked, surprised at his simple words. 

“Yeah. I needed it, I was upset about Seojun- so…it was nice, thank you,” Yoongi said genuinely. 

“Wow, it’s okay,” Jimin said, becoming flustered once again. 

“So anyway,” Yoongi laughed awkwardly, “we’re here.” The pair entered their maths class and took a seat, Yoongi at the front of the room and Jimin nearer the back. Jimin watched the back of Yoongi from his position in the classroom near the back. Had he developed a crush on him after kissing in Yoongi’s dorm? That was something he found hard to admit to himself. Jimin wasn’t even sure of his uality, this was confusing for him. He’d never had a crush on a guy before, but he’d never really thought about it until recently. Yoongi and Seojun being close made him wonder if he was gay or even just biual, which is why he kissed Yoongi, and turned out he really enjoyed it. But was that because he’s gay? Or because he just happened to enjoy it with a guy this one time, was it the alcohol? If it was then why was he getting flustered when he thought about it? And why did he really want to do it again? And again, and again. 

I'm so sorry for the late update! I suddenly realised that I had to do the college work that I should have done in the classes that I was writing this fic in hahahah xD