Where's Yoongi?

Boarding School

“Good morning,” Jungkook called out to the dorm, waking Hobi and Jimin. He opened the curtains, letting the sunlight seep into the room, Hobi put his pillow over his face to block the bright rays of sunshine, while Jimin rubbed his eyes sleepily and pulled himself out of bed.

 

“Wait, why am I getting up? I have a free period now,” Jimin sighed, getting straight back into bed.

 

“I don’t,” Hobi mumbled grumpily, forcing himself out of the warm bed.

 

“Me neither, Hobi we’re in the same class, I checked your timetable before bed last night,” Jungkook informed, combing his hair back to get the knots out.

 

“Oh really?” Hobi smiled, “that’s good, we’ll go togeth-” he was interrupted by a knock on the door.

 

“I’ll get it, it’s probably next door,” Jungkook said as he walked to the door and opened it to reveal a slightly panicked looking Namjoon.
 

“Are you okay?” Jungkook asked him, picking up on his vibe instantly.

 

“Did you see where Yoongi went last night?” he asked, looking around as if he was expecting Yoongi to appear suddenly.

 

“No...didn’t he come back to the dorm?” Jungkook asked, sounding concerned. Namjoon shook his head no.

 

“What?” Hobi questioned, joining Jungkook at the door, “didn’t you come back with him?”

 

“No, we left the party relatively early so we figured he’d come back up when he was ready but he’s not here,” Namjoon answered. Hobi thought for a minute.

 

“Maybe he crashed out in the common room and didn’t make it back down?” he suggested.

 

“I didn’t think of that,” Namjoon admitted, “but don’t you think he’d have at least returned to get ready for class by now?” Hobi shrugged.

 

“I have a free period now,” Jimin called from his bed, “I’ll go and look for Yoongi in the common room,” he offered.

 

“Me and Taehyung have a free period too, so how about me and you go and look for him and Taehyung stays in the dorm just in case Yoongi comes back while we’re looking for him, seeing as Tae drank a little too much last night and won’t get out of bed,” Namjoon tutted at his friends drinking habits.

 

“Sure, I’ll just go and get dressed,” Jimin agreed, going back into the room and throwing some clothes on. He hurried back out and joined Namjoon.

 

“Come on,” he ushered, the two walked away in search for Taehyung. Hobi closed the door and turned around to face Jungkook.

 

“Hey, Jungkook…” he started, looking down at the floor.

 

“Yeah?” Jungkook asked.

 

“I’m sorry I left you last night, I drank more than I intended to. I know I said I’d stick with you but I didn’t and I’m really sorry,” he apologised sincerely.

 

“It’s okay,” Jungkook laughed.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes, it was a party and you had fun. Namjoon stayed with me anyway,” he laughed again at how sincere Hobi was being.
 

“Oh good,” the latter sighed in relief that Jungkook took it lightly and with humour.
 

“I was worried you’d be mad at me!” he confessed, laughing at himself awkwardly. He scratched the back of his neck.
 

“Anyway,” he started, “shall we go to class together?”

 

“Yeah,” Jungkook smiled.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Namjoon and Jimin stood in the centre of the common room, now completely clean after the party- as if nothing ever happened, and also with no sign of Yoongi.

 

“,” Namjoon swore.

 

“Maybe he’s gone to class already,” Jimin reasoned.

 

“Hold on,” Namjoon pulled his phone out his pocket and dialled Taehyung. He tapped the side of his leg in rhythm, listening to the phone ring through the line.

 

“Tae? Yeah Yoongi isn’t here, can you check his timetable and tell me what class he has, he might have gone straight there...I know he would have come back to freshen up but we have to check everywhere. Maths? Which room? Okay, thanks, I’ll keep you updated. Phone me if he comes to the dorm,” he finished, hanging up the phone.

 

“Come on,” Namjoon said, leading Jimin out of the common room and down a number of flights of stairs. The pair traipsed through the corridors, looking out for the room Yoongi might be in.

 

“This one,” Namjoon pointed to one of the maths rooms. Jimin peered inside of the window in the door, studying each student in the room.

 

“He’s not here,” he confirmed.

 

“What?” Namjoon asked, pushing in to get a view of the room. He sighed heavily.

 

“I’m starting to worry a bit now,” Jimin confessed.

 

“Me too, where could he have got to? And he’s so quiet and shy as well.” Jimin smiled sympathetically, at a loss for words. Namjoon’s phone vibrated and then rung loudly in his pocket.

 

“Tae?” he asked, phone to ear. Jimin leaned in hoping to hear the conversation, but he could only hear Namjoon’s end.

 

“Oh thank god,” the latter said in relief, “we’ll come back up.” Jimin raised an eyebrow.

 

“He’s back,” Namjoon confirmed Jimin’s subliminal question, setting off back down the corridors and back up the stairs.

 

“Namjoon?” Jimin asked, looking up at his senior.

 

“Mm?” Namjoon responded.

 

“This is going to sound stupid,” he began gingerly, “but, I saw you talking to Jungkook last night, and, I want someone like you to talk to as well..” he confessed, getting quieter as the sentence went on. Namjoon chuckled lightly.

 

“Of course, Jimin, I have enough love to go around,” he said, draping an arm round the shy younger boy, who smiled happily at the

attention.

 

“Whenever you want to talk,” Namjoon started, “just tell me and we’ll hang out, okay?” Jimin nodded like a little puppy. Namjoon burst in the room once they arrived at the dorms.

 

“Yoongi!” he cried happily, running over and hugging him, “where were you?!”
 

“I’m sorry for making you worry,” Yoongi apologised.

 

“It’s okay, but where were you the whole night?”

 

“I-” Yoongi began, trying to think up the most convincing lie that he could. “I made some friends and stayed in their dorm for the night, I’m sorry I didn’t tell any of you,” he settled on, feeling it was convincing enough.

 

“Don’t worry about it, I’m glad you’ve made some friends. Now hurry up and freshen up before class, you’re already late,” Namjoon scolded.

 

“You sound like a Mother,” Taehyung pointed out from his sprawled out position in the bed. His face was pale and pasty, and he was sprawled out like some sort of dead sea creature.

 

“Funny thing is, you’re younger than Yoongi too…” he observed.

 

“Taehyung, I don’t mean this in a bad way,” Jimin initially confirmed, “but you look like .”

 

“How is that not bad?” Namjoon pondered.

 

“Seeya guys later,” Yoongi waved as he left for class.

 

“Bye,” Namjoon, Taehyung, and Jimin said in unison.

 

“Yeah in what way is ‘you look like ’ good?” Taehyung teased.

 

“Ah you know what I meant,” Jimin defended. Taehyung laughed.

 

“I know,” he said, “I drank too much. But you know what? I had fun,” he eyed Namjoon and Jimin before closing his eyes again.

 

“We had fun, we just remember it. And we still have a good reputation,” Namjoon joked, making Jimin laugh too.

 

“I don’t have a bad reputation now,” Taehyung retorted, “everyone thinks I’m hilarious!” he declared.

 

“Okay, Tae,” Namjoon laughed, patting him on the shoulder like you would with a little kid who thinks that they rule the world.

 

“Hey guys,” Jimin began, “is it just me or did either of you also get a sense that Yoongi was lying?” he said cautiously. Namjoon nodded quickly.

 

“I got that as well, don’t worry. Let’s not pester him about it yet though,” Namjoon scratched the back of his neck and took a deep, tired breath before continuing.

 

“Yoongi is a reserved person, I’ve gathered that much about him already. I don’t think he likes to be asked questions about his personal life all that much…”

 

Hi guys, I'm sorry it's not as long as previous chapters, I actually wrote this on the bus, but anyway I hope you like it. It's more of a filler chapter, if you will. A rising action to introduce the side plots that will be going on throughout the fic. And thank you to the readers who have commented, I feel more motivated now I'm starting to get comments. I've also recieved a few subscribers and one upvote, so I'm really happy this is starting to go somewhere and I can't wait to see what you all think of the rest of the story ^-^