The Field Trip

Boarding School

It was the day of the field trip, a fairly large crowd of history students were gathered in small groups waiting the get on the bus. The 3 teachers going on the trip tried to usher them on in groups, counting each student as they passed through the doors of the bus. Jungkook and Namjoon sat down together instantly, giving the other a small smile when they had done so. 

“Wanna sit with me?” Hobi asks, looking to Jin who was stood right next to him. 

“Of course,” Jin smiled, taking a seat next to Hobi. 

“Hey, someone’s going to be alone!” Taehyung noted, looking at Jimin and Yoongi. Jimin silently prayed that Taehyung would be that person so he could sit next to Yoongi. 

“Oh it’s okay you two sit together!” Yoongi offered. 

“What?” Jimin snapped, suddenly realising he had snapped and softening his voice. 

“Are you sure?” he asked softly. Yoongi laughed quietly. 

“Seojun is on this trip too, so I’ll sit with him. That way none of us are sitting with someone we don’t know,” he smiled, looking around for Seojun. Jimin nodded, disappointment written on his face, which Taehyung was of course oblivious to. 

“Sweet! Come on then Jiminnie,” he ushered Jimin to sit down with him. Yoongi found Seojun and also sat down, the bus left shortly after. They had only been on the bus for a few minutes and Hobi and Jin were already deep in conversation. 

“My parents are pretty set on me going to law school and becoming a prosecutor,” Jin admitted, sighing heavily as he reflected on his own life. 

“My parents don’t have a particular career in mind, as long as it’s something along those lines, I’m sure they’d love me to become a prosector,” Hobi replied. Jin nodded. 

“ doesn’t? Having parents who take control of your life like that. I don’t even want to be a prosector,” he muttered. 

“Me neither…” Hobi mumbled, “what do you want to do?” 

“Hmm,” Jin hummed, thinking for a moment. “I think- I think I want to do something creative, like music, or art. Anything creative, I don’t enjoy academics, I’ve been forced into all academic subjects all my life and have only been able to be creative in my spare time.” 

“Me too,” Hobi agreed, “I’d much rather take a creative career path. Academics are so mind numbing, especially after all this time.” Jin hummed in agreement, nodding furiously. 

“Definitely,” he agreed. At the back of the bus, Namjoon and Jungkook sat having their usual type of conversation; which could range from painful memories of the past, to llamas. It was currently somewhere in the middle of the two- possibly being one of the most normal conversations they’ve ever had. Yoongi sat with Seojun near the front of the bus, not having such vibrant conversations as the others. 

“So, how have you been, Yoongi? We haven’t talked in a while…I’m sorry,” Seojun said apologetically. 

“Um, I’ve been okay,” Yoongi lied, not willing to admit to Seojun that he was upset about being lead on for over 2 months. 

“I”m sorry about before,” Seojun looked down. Yoongi looked at him for a few seconds before responding. 

“It’s okay,” he said simply. Again- not willing to admit how upset he was. Seojun continued to look down, Yoongi stared out of the window, feeling the tension from the conversation and wishing he was sat with Jimin. Why did Seojun have to drag the mood down like this? Could he not have just had a normal conversation? Meanwhile at the very back of the bus- Taehyung and Jimin. 

“Jiminnie, Jiminnie, Jiminnie!” Taehyung sang, nudging Jimin to get some attention from him. 

“What is it Taehyung?” Jimin laughed. 

“Talk to meeee!” Taehyung whined. “Why are you so spaced out?” 

“Where’s Yoongi sat?” Jimin quizzed, trying to get a better look of the bus. 

“I don’t know, somewhere at the front, why does it matter anyway?” Jimin leant into the aisle of the bus, looking for Yoongi. 

“It doesn’t matter,” Jimin retorted, sitting back in his seat properly. Taehyung raised an eyebrow at him and waved it off. 

“Jiminnie,” he began.
“What is it with you calling me Jiminnie recently?” Jimin asked. 

“It’s cute,” Taehyung shrugged, “don’t you think so?”

“I guess,” Jimin laughed. Taehyung leant back into his seat, turning his head to look out of the window at the passing trees. After a long journey, they arrived at the museum, filing off the bus in a big crowd- not listening to the teachers telling them to get off single file. The students entered the museum, chatting amongst themselves. When they reached a part of the foyer, the 3 teachers stood in front of them, hoping to get their attention. As the chatter began to simmer down, one of the teachers began to talk. 

“So, it’s 11 o’clock now,” he noted, glancing at his watch, “the deal is you can go off and look around as you please but there are conditions.” 

“Firstly,” a female teacher continued, “we’re meeting back here at 1 o’clock for lunch, and to check up on what you’re doing. You must take notes on things as you’re looking around, we’re going to check that each student has a few pages of notes by 1 o’clock. After that you can go and look around again until 3 o’clock- you don’t have to take notes that time- as this is a trip we don’t want it to all be boring. However, you will only go and look around again after lunch if we approve of the notes you’ve made. Just have fun!” 

“But not too much fun,” the third teacher said seriously, “if anyone causes trouble, I swear to God…” she warned. She was the strictest teacher out of the 3. No student liked her. 

“Exactly,” the male teacher agreed, “off you go.” The students all dispersed fairly evenly in different directions. The 7 friends naturally grouping. 

“Teachers always say don’t cause trouble,” Taehyung began, “what they mean is don’t get caught causing trouble.” Hobi reached over, hand in the air as a form of asking Taehyung for a high five. 

“Taehyung, you’re in a museum, behave,” Namjoon warned. Hobi and Taehyung glanced at each other before turning to look at Namjoon in sync- running off in the other direction to make trouble. Namjoon sighed heavily, watching them run off, debating whether to intervene but holding back. 

“You’re not going after them?” Jungkook asked, Namjoon shook his head in response. 

“It’s not my problem if they get in trouble,” he pointed out. 

“But we’re all associated with them as part of a friend group,” Jin commented. The 5 remaining boys walked in a clumped group, occasionally separating to look at different things; browsing the various statues, paintings, and historical artefacts, jotting down messy notes on a piece of paper. 

“It’s funny,” Jungkook began, “Hobi is really mature when he needs to be, and my first impression of him was that he’s very poised. He knows his place, he’s polite and adult-like. It’s surprising that Taehyung has such an effect on him.” The other 4 nodded instantly in agreement, a chorus of hums sweeping the group. 

“Taehyung can have that effect on anyone. He brings out the fun side of people,” Yoongi laughed. 

“Right? He’s even brought out the weird in you, Yoongi,” Namjoon teased, looking over to his friend fondly. Yoongi glared playfully at Namjoon, squinting slightly. 

“As if,” he retorted, looking away in the other direction. 

“Need I bring up the incident?” Namjoon said in a low, playfully yet intimidating voice. Yoongi turned back to glare at him again. 

“Thought so,” Namjoon gloated, the rest of the boys still chuckling at the untold of memory. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At the end of the day 

After a boring first half of the day, the students had met up for lunch and had their notes inspected by the teachers. Only 1 student had to stay with the teachers for the second half of the day as his notes were clearly half hearted. The rest of the students- including all 7 boys- got to go off and enjoy themselves for the second half of the day. Taehyung and Hobi didn’t get caught messing around a little, and they didn’t break anything; luckily. They weren’t bad students, they were both very bright- especially Hobi. They just liked to have fun. Taehyung wasn’t reverting back to his old ways at school, definitely not, he still kept his grades up and behaved in class most of the time but he is a fun loving, 4D alien; can you blame him?
“Come on everyone!” the teacher called, gathering up all the students. He waved his hands, attempting to hoard them all out of the building. The 7 boys were all at completely different parts of the crowd, having naturally separated into 1 or 2s to look around after lunch. Taehyung pulled Hobi towards the bus, insisting they sit together, to which Hobi agreed to instantly. Namjoon walked slowly but distractedly to the bus, reading his notes back while Jungkook followed behind like a duckling- being sure not to lose him. Yoongi walked to the bus with Seojun, planning to sit next to him on the way back too so that the others have someone to sit next to. Jin and Jimin walked in different parts of the crowd, Jin much further ahead and Jimin towards the back. Jin got on the bus and took a seat alone nonchalantly, aware that Hobi was sitting with Taehyung this time. He pulled his phone at and played around with various apps that kept him entertained. Jimin trailed behind the crowds, slowly making his way to the bus- wondering who he would be sat next to. A sudden voice beside him startled him, his heart rate naturally speeding up. 

“Hello, Jimin,” the eerie voice said. 

“What do you want?” Jimin tried to sound confident as he asked his group of bullies. One of the boys in the group put his hand over Jimin’s mouth to suppress him screaming, and easily dragged him out of the building’s side door that they had made sure to take him by. The boy who had opened up the door in time closed it quickly behind him. Jimin was pushed harshly up against the wall. 

“Why are you doing this?” he asked desperately, genuinely not knowing what he’d done to deserve this.
“Why not?” another retorted. 

“What have I ever done to you?” Jimin pleaded more than asked. 

“Nothing,” one shrugged. 

“Then why…” Jimin began, before being harshly thrown to the ground and kicked by all 3 boys from the group that were present. The leader bent down next to the boy lying on the floor, looking him in the eyes.
“Who says there has to be a reason?” he whispered, standing up and kicking him hard in the face, causing Jimin’s vision to start fading. 

HI GUYS! GOOD NEWS! I DROPPED OUT OF COLLEGE! Okay before you're like 'oh my god what that's not good news?!' it IS. I hated college, I hated that course, it wasn't right for me. It was a 2 year course and I did the first year and have qualifications from it, but I just didn't think I could handle the rest of this year. I didn't like the course, and I didn't get on with the people. This course I hated was taking up all my time so I never practised the piano which is very important to me as I want to actually take my grade 6 exam at some point, now I can practise! So obviously I'm not unproductive or anything now, and I'm not lazy for dropping out. During the daytimes now I practise piano, a LOT, I need to do this online course to qualify me to teach English in Korea which is what I'm gonna do eventually! I also have lots of planning to do as I'm moving out of my parent's house in 2017 with my best friend and I'm organising most of it as I'm good at this kind of thing xD I'm learning more Korean as well woohoo! I started thisonline hangul course but didn't get far because college was time consuming but I dropped college yesterday and today I've already finished the hangul course yay! So I fully understand reading and writing hangul, now I can spend lots of time learning to speak Korean. Also I can write more here now yay! Also I'm going to learn how to cook because that would be useful moving out. Then there's just little things like being at home all the time means I can make all my 3 meals and I know what I'm gonna eat so I'm gonna eat healthy again- at college I just ate junk food cos everyone else did and it's cheap and quick :l but my mum is still leaving money in a pot in a kitchen which she always did because bus money so I'm allowed to use it to buy food now so I can cook more on my own. When I'm eating I always watch TV so now I watch the cooking channel hahah xD Also I have time to go to the gym more! And energy, as I now wake up at 9 every day having gone to bed at like 11 :'''' I have a part time job but it's only 2 days a week so it's nothing. Basically- life is looking up and more chapters are on the way!!!