Why Is It Always Me?

Boarding School

“Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day!” Taehyung sung the classic Oklahoma tune, not quite pronouncing beautiful right. Namjoon, Jin, and Yoongi stirred awake, all groaning in unison.

 

“Why do we have to wake up to that?” Namjoon moaned. Taehyung put a hand on his heart, looking offended.

 

“You’re waking up to the sound of my singing, what would you rather wake up to? A megaphone? A foghorn?” he retorted.

 

“I don’t know,” Namjoon said tiredly, “just a gentle nudge and a quiet ‘it’s time to wake up’?” he suggested, pulling his blanket up further.

 

“Why are you such a morning person anyway?” Jin asked, getting out of bed.

 

“Why are you not a morning person?” Taehyung retorted. Jin frowned.

 

“Because...it’s the morning?” he asked, confusion filling his voice.

 

“It’s just another time of the day, would it make sense to say you’re not an afternoon person?” Taehyung pointed out. Although you can see where he’s coming from- he sounded a bit stupid.

 

“Well morning is when you’ve just woken up,” Namjoon tried to argue.

 

“Exactly, after sleeping for like 8 hours you should be more awake than ever,” Taehyung protested. The rest of the dorm groaned, clearly all too tired to argue.

 

“It doesn’t work like that, Tae,” Jin grumbled before disappearing into the bathroom, Taehyung huffed and began getting dressed.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jungkook shot up into a sitting position, having had another nightmare about his parents. He breathed heavily and put his hand on his chest, trying to calm himself down. He hurried off to the bathroom to wash his face and freshen up before coming back out and waking up the others.

 

“Morning,” he said happily, nudging Hobi. He tried to sound as happy as possible to convince himself he was ok. Jungkook had always lived by the phrase “fake it until you make it”, literally. It works. He figured that if he was upset or stressed, he’d pretend he’s happy until his mind is convinced that he really is.

 

“Morning, Kookie,” Hobi smiled, kicking his blanket away from him and getting up, ruffling Jungkook’s hair. Hobi found the longer he knew Jungkook, the more motherly he’d become to him.

 

“Mm I’m awake,” Jimin stirred, “I’m hungry.”

 

“Me too,” Hobi called from the bathroom, somehow hearing that.

 

“Shall we go to breakfast with next door?” Jungkook suggested.

 

“Yeah, shall I go and ask them?” Hobi called.

 

“I’ll do it,” Jimin offered. The latter scurried out of the room and went to next door’s room, knocking on the door lightly.

 

“You guys coming down to breakfast with us?” he asked through the door.

 

“Yeah!” Namjoon called, “give us 2 minutes!” Jimin headed back into the room and put his phone in his pocket before going back out into the hallway and waiting for next door, Hobi and Jungkook joined him and no more than 10 seconds later; Namjoon, Taehyung, Yoongi, and Jin came out of room 19 in that order.

 

“Breakfast!” Taehyung proposed excitedly, skipping down the corridors.

Breakfast was fun, it was filled with humorous discussions and banter. The 7 boys were becoming more familiar and comfortable with each other, even Jungkook, Jimin, Jin, and Yoongi- arguably the shy ones- were conversing and laughing, especially Jungkook. Jungkook had warmed up a lot and was slowly becoming one of the more talkative ones like Namjoon and Taehyung. He felt better after having told Namjoon about why he came to boarding school, and was waiting for the right moment to tell the rest of them. He learned quickly that keeping it bottled up is the worst thing, he found that as soon as he told Namjoon he suddenly felt so much better, which is why he felt he was ready to tell the others- he knew this way they’d all be there for him and if he suddenly were to go quiet and seem upset they’d know why and wouldn’t ask questions. A part of him also wanted comfort when he had nightmares, he wanted to be able to tell Hobi or Jimin, or to go next door and tell someone in there. Jungkook just wanted to be loved, and he had a lot of love to give back in return. He just wanted to know people were there for him, to make up for the lack of love from his parents and even school friends. He’d finally found a group of good people who would never leave him, and that made him feel amazing.

 

“I’m going to class,” Jimin announced, putting his fork down.

 

“Now?” Jin questioned.

 

“Yeah, I’ll go a little early so I can hand in an assignment to the teacher before they start the class,” he informed the others, who all nodded.

 

“Well, none of us are in your sociology class, so we’ll see you at break,” Taehyung said, smiling brightly up at Jimin.

 

“Yeah see you later,” he chuckled, pushing his chair back and leaving the table. Jimin walked the short walk to class, entering the room gingerly when he saw there was a group of intimidating boys already sat in there, talking amongst themselves, he recognised them from his previous sociology classes and also the party. They’d been teasing him at the party but he blamed it on the fact that they were drinking and moved on, not holding anything against them. He smiled politely at the boys as he entered the room.

 

“What are you doing here?” one asked.

 

“I-“ Jimin stuttered, “just handing in the assignment.” The boys sniggered.

 

“You’ve done it already?” one questioned.

 

“Ah, goody two shoes,” another sighed. The seemingly appointed leader of the pack turned to one of his friends and whispered something. Jimin assumed it was about him, but he didn’t hear it so he just sighed and went to walk straight past the group. He gasped suddenly as he found himself tripping over someone’s foot and crashing into the desk in front of him and then to the floor.

 

“Ah,” he groaned. He pretended he was fine and stood up, dusting off his clothes. He ignored the laughter of the group and put his now slightly crumbled up papers on the teacher’s desk.

 

“You should really watch where you’re going,” the group leader laughed. Jimin thought of comebacks for a few seconds, going over which was best in his head, before settling on the one comeback that would stump them the most.

 

“I’m sorry,” he apologised and bowed. The whole group simultaneously looked taken back, but ignored it and went back to talking amongst themselves. Jimin put the papers down and turned around to leave the room.

 

“Where are you going?” the group leader pouted.

 

“Bathroom,” Jimin smiled slightly. He wasn’t lying, he really did go to the bathroom, he knew it would be empty at this time. Once he entered the bathroom he looked around, making sure no one was there. When he was sure that the coast was clear, he slowly pulled his shirt up and examined the bruise that was already forming from hitting his side on the table when he fell. It was happening again, it was his previous school all over again. Why was he always a target for bullies? Is it his cute baby face? Is he too soft and needing to toughen up a little? Why did this always happen to him?

 

“Why is it always me?” he whispered, letting a single tear fall down his cheek.

Sorry this one's short guys! I really don't want to reveal too much yet, I'm saving the good stuff for future chapters, so the next few chapters are probably only going to be a thousand words or so like this one, just until I can get the planned plot going:)

OH BY THE WAY, as each chapter seems to get around the same amounts of views each time, I understand there are a lot of silent readers- I'm not fishing for comments, but as a writer trying to get into the flow of writing a fic, some more comments would be really nice! I appreciate anyone who reads and especially anyone who upvotes or subcribes, but at this point I'd really love some comments, thanks guys^-^