Chapter 8

Love's Crossing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love’s Crossing
Chapter 8

 

Yoon Bomi
Love is like getting over the speed limit. All you wanted was to walk away. All you wanted was to escape and never look back, for what’s behind is the cruel past you held on for too long. That was all you ever wanted. But running away is a crime. And it just so happen that she’s the police who came running after me to hunt me down.
It was already January, the holidays went by like a blur and it was spent with me taking care of myself and taking some rest from all the sickness, all the drama. However, like the say, you can keep avoiding something but the day will come that you have to face it.
Just like that, all the fireworks and gifts passed by, and classes started once again.
It was a typical day of Tuesday for me. I was sitting on my seat while most of the students around us were bickering and backstabbing our class adviser whom we all hated the most for his stupidity and poor English skills even when he’s our English Teacher.
However, as they were all absorbed with their conversation, on the corner of my eye, I saw Park Chorong silently taking the seat next to me and gave me a small smile. I don’t know what to do.
Just when I resorted with the decision to just smile back, someone came to help me get out of the awkward position.
And that is Jung Eunji.
“Yah Yoon Bomi! Come with me.” She muttered before walking out of the room, leaving me with a confused but thankful expression to follow her back.
I ended up sitting on the bench placed outside our classroom, with her beside me, looking far ahead at the green fields of our school that is meant for soccer.
“Our English teacher was totally getting on it already. I wanted to strangle him to death. Did he really expect us to memorize those 45 words just this morning for him to make a long quiz about that?” She ranted on, making me chuckle at her expression.
She told me once that she at starting casual conversations since she’s straight to the point. At one side, I wanted to know what she has to say. At one side though, I was relieved that she didn’t press on quickly on the matters I don’t want to deal at the moment.
“Yeah well… Look our class inside. If someone goes and reports to the principal how we are badmouthing that good for nothing adviser, I guess we will all end up being in suspension for an entire month. Their cusses were pretty creative.” I rode along her topic, trying to forget all the heavy feeling of my heart for the minute.
She nodded her head in agreement before continuing her rant about that adviser of us that shouldn’t be a teacher for me.
She continued on, until I cut her, “You know. Our high school life is ending. Soon we have to proceed to senior high and probably a different atmosphere. Just three more months and were out of this place…”
A sudden grin came to her lips and sigh. “Yeah well… I sensed that. Soon enough, our class will come to an end. I seriously don’t know what to do anymore, actually… As much as I want to pursue medicine, I can’t leave you guys. Our class was a family. And well, you all made me happy.”
A long silence enveloped the two of us until I decided to break it, with a question she must’ve not been expecting.
“Why do people fall in love?” 
I don’t know how to answer that question actually. I don’t know what that even means.
At some point, I guess I want to know how she sees that matter. At least, I get to see how she sees it, and probably how she sees the only girl she loves, the very same girl I fell in love with.
“You know… that’s question was actually nice. People are busy dwelling with the question what is love… They didn’t realize why we have to. How about you, why do you think people fall in love?”
I shrugged my shoulders, hoping she won’t press on. I don’t know what to answer her.
Because my only definition was Park Chorong.
Eunji just chuckled once again, before suddenly flicking my forehead with that gleeful expression she always had that can manage to enlighten the whole world.
I ended up smiling too.
“Why do we fall in love? Why do you think? Of course its sole purpose was to avoid extinction. We have to reproduce---“
“Jung Eunji, I don’t need your ertedness at this moment, got it? Answer me seriously.”
“ert? Gosh!!!! Yoon Bomi, the goddess of ersion just called me ert! I think I just----“
“Jung Eunji.”
She gulped before smiling at me sheepishly, messing my hair in the process.
After a while, she settled her hand on my head and grinned on my face, her face ridiculously close to me.
“Why do we fall in love? Yoon Bomi, don’t ever ask what’s that. The moment you’ll find a condition to love, it wasn’t love anymore. Love should be unconditional. In that case, you don’t need to question it. You just fall in love. Just like that.”

I didn’t know if it was me, or that someone really is looking at us from far away. 
I didn’t Park Chorong was just on the door of the classroom, staring at us as we had our backs on her. And she has the expression that says how much she wanted to talk to me, to be with me.
At that Jung Eunji removed her hand on my head and grinned once more, holding out a pink paper bag I didn’t know where she got.
“By the way, Bomi, Happy Birthday!”

 

Park Chorong
Love is letting a car overtake you. You just have to let them have a distance ahead of you. Not that you let them go but that you know they have to go their own way, and probably they need the road more that you do. You don’t have to start a race for a while. You just have to give them the opportunity to breath for a while, while you stay back and just find your chance to catch up on them if you have time.
January came. And I was more than excited to see Bomi again. I wanted to talk to her; I wanted to check up on her if she’s oka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter