Chapter 3

Love's Crossing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love's Crossing

Chapter 3

 

Son Naeun

Love... is a road full of geometry, chemistry and physics. That's what I learned as my road go on and on. In every force you exert, there will always be an equal and opposite reaction. As I decided to let go of her and let her be happy with Chorong, she just have to run after me and stayed on my side. Just when I tried to push her away, I found myself being dragged into her.

It wasn't that much nice... but for once, I was afraid of falling in too deep and not being able to go out.

Time flew by really fast and soon I didn’t realize that it was already spring, and another year is starting, and like what they say, a new school year is a new story. And this story, which I thought will be just another spinoff of Eunji and Chorong's story, didn’t turn out to be the way I thought it will be. To think of it, I was in it. And I'm not just someone anymore.

The school year for our senior high came and I was very reluctant to come to school. No, I was so excited to meet my classmates. I am not excited to meet Eunji though.

Jung Eunji. Jung Eunji. Jung Eunji.

That name keeps coming up of my mind for the whole summer break. Why? Because the last time we spent a moment together was two months ago, in a recollection camping. We stayed at school for two days and one night and well... pretty much we are sleeping next to each other.

Well, technically that shouldn't be the case at first. I mean, our last name comes with two different letters, J and S. However, instead of being in separate rooms since we are supposed to be grouped in alphabetical order, she just have to complain that her room was not good for her asthma since it's too dusty and she ended up in my room, the room that I was supposed to be having for myself.

Of course, I like it... but it felt like I am putting myself into trouble.

So the days went by like a blur and activities happened to and fro, I even forget about her for a while. I was reminded of her again when it was nighttime.

I've watched a lot of dramas already, and it was usually in these situations that two people became close with each other. I was wondering if we would be close... however; Eunji doesn't seem to be the sharing type and we just tucked in our beds without any form of conversations.

Well there was one.

"Naeun-ssi...? What do you think if I continue liking Chorong?" she asked out of the blue.

My head rose up in alarm. So she knows that I know what I feel about her?

She seems to get my reaction that she laughed it out, "I know that you know my feelings. It was pretty clear, isn't it? Anyway, back to my question, do you think I should continue liking her?"

You shouldn't. You are just hurting yourself. I am here anyway. Why do you have to like her?

I want to say those words to her but to no avail.

I have no right for telling her that anyway.

And so I made the safest answer I can make.

"You can... if you think she will be worth it this time. Loving someone also means making sure someone was worthy of it. I don't mean that you should look through someone's efforts and all. You should just look into their eyes and know..."

"Know what?"

"Know if the person you love is someone sincere whenever they are with you. You shouldn't love someone because of what they show you because then you are just falling in love with their personality, not who they are. That's where most couples fall apart."

Taking a casual glance on her bed that was next to mine, I saw her release a soft smile before facing me too. Then she suddenly stood up and sat on the side of my bed.

"It's already twelve. You should sleep now. And thanks... for your advice." She suddenly raised the blankets up to my shoulders and leaned in very close to me, planting a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Fall asleep, now Naeun-ssi... Goodnight."

Ever since that night, I was so afraid to meet her. Maybe because my cheeks will suddenly heat up in the process. I still can remember how her lips feel on my skin. It was not soft at all and a little dry. Still, it was kissable for me. I hate myself for thinking like that.

Ever since that moment... I think another door opened up. And I felt like a bit of the love I've given is finally given back...

 

Jung Eunji

Love... is a road full of sudden turns and exits. You won't find out if you are close to your destination when your mind is still thinking of the last pit stop you had. You just have to go with the flow and know your surroundings... because if not, you will just be shock by the sudden change you are undergoing.

I noticed that... because I was too busy grieving for my broken heart, that I was shocked one day when I realized something.

What is it?

That it started beating again... for a different person this time.

A new school year was something I am not looking for. I’m not ready to meet her again and saw her being close to someone else. I’m not ready to see her holding hands with Yoon Bomi and telling her the secrets I never knew of. I am still affected by her, and I don’t want that.

Now that I think of it back, Yoon Bomi is not really just someone to me. I used to have a crush on her on Seventh Grade and she was the first person I’ve talked to when our junior high started. I grew a strange fond on her, probably because she was cute and pretty and has a nice voice. The feelings went something deeper by a bit but it vanished when I started liking some senior then. The whole crushing random people started to continue until the year of our Eighth Grade and I ended up being stuck with Park Chorong.

And being stuck with that girl for a long time, I don’t know what to do wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter