Chapter 2

Love's Crossing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love's Crossing

Chapter One

 

Jung Eunji

They say that love is never enough. I beg to differ. Why? Because love is like a traffic light for me. If it says stop, then I'll stop and not go on anymore. You don't need anything more to come with love because just then you won't love someone purely. I want to love someone like that... and so I always wished that my first love will always be my last love. I abided with that law for a while... until I realize that the traffic lights said stop and I decided to turn my wheel and went for a different way ahead.

It has been two years since I fell in love with Park Chorong, however; nothing really progressed. No, for once I thought we had something going on. I keep telling her I love her, in a joking manner of course for I am afraid of rejection, but she made me hope that she feels something for me too. I won't forget those moments when we would text day and night, almost 24/7. I won't forget how I would jokingly say that I like her and she would reply that she loves me too.

And to think of it, we were actually acting like a couple. Okay, maybe not at school. However, there were like one or two times that we went on dates. The first one was like a group date and we were like the partner there. I would occasionally make her laugh and she will do the same. We are just enjoying each other's presence, that's all... while I'm falling deeper for her.

The first date we had that we were all alone was an unplanned one. It was announced that there was no class and most of our classmates weren't there at school to hear the news, leaving the two of us early birds with no one to hang out with or place to go. That's when I decided to ask her to hang out on the mall and she immediately said yes. Right then we went to two malls, going in and out of different shops and hold each other's hands once in a while. It was the best day...

And replaying those memories in my mind, it felt like just a good dream for me.

We also have a lot of serious conversations and fights. And when we do, it was so awkward at school since she won't talk to me and I won't talk to her... and I guess some noticed it.

There was this one girl in the class with the name of Yoon Bomi and she asked me what is going on between me and Chorong. That's when I realize that I'm not the only one she is talking or treating like that. I felt neglected at that time and hurt... the thought of not being special enough for her pains me in here.

They started hanging out a lot of times and I noticed how close they have gotten together with. I saw that they are doing skinships already and she even let Yoon Bomi hug her tightly when I can't even do much more than putting my arms on her shoulders. I was dead jealous but I can't do anything.

And just then I noticed how we are drifting apart. Our phone conversations that would last a day only end up with ten messages or so. It was almost like she doesn't care about me anymore. And I hated that feeling.

The feeling of someone slowly walking away from you even when they claimed at first that they will never leave.

She slowly walked out of the door and no matter how much I tried to make her stay I can't. I can't even confess my feelings for her truthfully since I was a coward. No, I don't care about what people might think. I was afraid that if I confess, I would be the one who will leave her. I am the type of a girl that changes easily.

I was very dynamic but I never realized that I loved her for two years already, not realizing I was being loyal to her for a long time.

The day everything actually ended between us is the Seniors Night, which happened on the evening of February Fourteenth. All of my classmates were in the classroom, having a game while I was busy playing Coded Arms in my PSP. They resorted to the truth or dare game which I joined since I know how fun it was... well not until it was Chorong's turn of course. She was asked who is the closest person in her heart... She shared a knowing look to Bomi before she confessed that it was Bomi. The classroom was filled with cheers and echoes and even when I got stabbed a million times in my heart, I pretended to be okay and smiled.

Little did I know, someone actually noticed my broken heart.

The game continued and I lost interest in the game. There were like two confessions that night for me. One guy confessed that he used to like me while the other confessed that he likes me currently and his feelings were strong enough he wants to court me. I ignored them for I don't want to keep them on the tabs or something. As much as I want, I don't want to take another knife just to stab my bleeding heart once again.

Then my turn came and this girl by the name of Son Naeun was given the opportunity to ask me.

Her eyes were looking through me that night and I noticed something different.

"If you are gonna fall in love with a girl, what type of a girl will you most likely fall in love with?"

I want to kill her for her question since it goes straight into my heart.

At some point I found myself staring for a second on Chorong but I immediately looked away, back the the one who asked the question.

"Love? Probably someone that will never fall in love with me..."

 

That was the night I ended my love for Park Chorong. And that was the night I turned left to a new direction, to a person I never really cared for from the start.

 

Park Chorong

Love is like a roadmap of places that was so similar and confusing you don't know where you are. It was really confusing for me maybe because of the fact that Jung Eunji is the type that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter