Chapter 7

Love's Crossing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love’s Crossing

Chapter 6

 

Park Chorong

Love… is sometimes like a drag race. You know how much it was like an emergency, that you have to quicken up and buckle up your speed just to catch up and be fast enough to win the race. You have to fast… or else you’ll end up losing the grand prize.

 

That’s how I felt that moment, when I got that phone call that basically sent my heart into burning flames.

Yoon Bomi was in the hospital, unconscious.

She was getting an operation in that moment, and I found myself getting nervous and hoping that at the same time she’ll get through it and survive.

You are probably asking me what has happened to her.

Well, she was complaining a week ago about some pain in her stomach. She checked up on a doctor and he said that it was actually just some appendicitis. However, as I got into the hospital, I just found out that the diagnosis was in fact wrong when they finally opened up her tummy and see that her appendix was in fact healthy, and that it turns out it was a twisted ovarian cyst, meaning that there’s a huge stone on her ovary and causes a painful twisting of her ovary. I know it’ll be successful but at the same time, I was dead worried about her.

Thinking about it, I realize that the stone can be cancerous too.

And the worry just erupted times ten.

Just then I saw a doctor rushing in front of the operation room and it seems that it was finally the doctor that will remove the stone. Bomi was inside the operating room for two hours already and I’ve already seen her parents getting frustrated by the slow and inaccurate findings of the hospital.

I don’t know what to do anymore… as I just settled myself on a chair and cried my eyes out.

I was so mad at myself at that moment. Why? I hated myself for not thinking of Yoon Bomi while here she was, just thinking about me.

I know… that she was just helping me get together with Eunji.

And now I realized how stupid of me to use her. I shouldn’t have.

I should’ve been a better friend.

A better person for her.

With an unsteady voice, I whispered out a line, hoping that it would fix the problem even though I know it was a hopeless chance.

No, I wasn’t referring to the operation.

I was referring to her.

To me.

To us.

All of us, actually.

“Ah stupid heart. Can you at least please make up your mind and decide who you love. You just keep hurting everyone, you know?” I found myself whispering the same line, wanting to punch myself at that moment.

After an hour long operation, the doctor informed us then that the patient was alright and was now on a room to get rest. I didn’t even wait for her parents as I dashed to the room they told me and found myself standing by the door frame, staring at the peaceful face of the very same girl who makes me smile out in a while.

She was looking out of the window; her stare was far and silent, making me wonder what she was thinking about.

At that moment, I took a step forward and stared at her face, wanting to remember every inch of it.

She must’ve heard my step as she turned her face and her brown orbs met mind.

I was held frozen for a moment that I didn’t know what to speak.

Not until she showed me her usual smile, of course.

“Hi…Chorong unnie…”

I didn’t know what to do at that moment so I just took a step forward and stared at her lovely eyes.

“Hey…”

A soft chuckle escaped her lips, “Sorry. I shouldn’t have made you worried. I didn’t expect my mom to call you actually. I think she was just worried that she wants to inform you and the school. Truthfully I didn’t expect you to be here either.”

“Why didn’t you tell me you’re getting an operation today? You don’t know how much I’ve ran just to get here.”

“Sorry… I don’t want to make you worried. Besides…”

“Besides?”

“Besides, I want you to stay at school and settle things up with Jung Eunji. You know, I asked you out to try my luck but it seems like fate itself was the one who is tying up your strings together. I don’t want to get in the way of your love and be the antagonist…”

“Bomi-yah….”

“I just want you to be happy unnie… So please… Just leave now and give me some time to think. You know I am just a simple person right now right? While I was in that operation bed, my thoughts were just filled with you, wondering if I could see you smile sweetly once again. I realized that you only have that smile around her. Go to Eunji and don’t worry about me, Chorong unnie… it’s only your happiness that matters to me.”

That moment, I didn’t know what to do as I just found myself walking out of the room; the tears flowed out once I got out and closed the door.

Yoon Bomi just didn’t know how much I am ready to stay with her that moment.

 

Jung Eunji

Love is sometimes letting a vehicle overtake you. Not just because it was bigger and faster than you, but also because you know that you are slow too and that you are nothing compared to the vehicle wanting to go ahead of you. Sometimes, love is like that. Sometimes you are just unsure of that moment and just letting the other one to go, since they’ve got their minds up already on what road to pick, and what path to take.

That day, I just know that I followed Park Chorong on the hospital.

I was there to witness everything and stare at her as she was fidgeting in her seat, getting so much worried on Yoon Bomi.

Don’t get me wrong. I was getting worried too. But I also know that it was not a fatal operation, at least. And I know that Bomi won’t leave us just because of some stone stuck up on her b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter