Chapter 6

Love's Crossing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love’s Crossing

Chapter 6

 

Park Chorong

Love… sometimes is like a winding road. It will go on in circles and circles, and you realize that you keep coming back to the place you shouldn’t be in the first place. And you will also realize that some feelings just don’t leave easily… It will stay there, and linger around your heart. Like that.

That was all I know. As I spend time with Yoon Bomi, and started talking to Jung Eunji casually, as if we never had those feelings in the first place. I know that I care about Yoon Bomi…but Eunji keeps popping out once in a while in my mind and had the complete takeover in my heart.

That’s how she was… She didn’t know what effect she has on someone.

I remembered that day of late November and I was dragged into a blind date with some person. It was actually my friend’s, Irene’s, fault. She was supposed to be meeting the other person but she has an unexpected meeting in the student council that she needs to cancel it. Since I am not really a big part on that meeting, she pushed me to just go instead, in her place.

What I didn’t know is that it was Jung Eunji that is waiting for me there.

I was shocked at first and she was too. It was as if fate was playing a trick on us. Or maybe this is just its way to tell us and give us another chance.

I know a part of me is willing for that chance. However, she was too blind to see it.

“I didn’t know you will be my date today.” She muttered while staring at me, “You don’t seem to be that type.”

“I am not. I was just forced into this by Irene. But I wasn’t expecting you either…” I told her too as we started walking around the park where we decided to meet.

She released a giggled on her lips before nodding her head, “Technically I was not supposed to be here either. It’s just that my friend Mark seems to be having some bowel issues so I went for his place.”

“I don’t know if I should be relieved or freaked out by this.” Was all I muttered.

She excitedly then grabbed my hand, “Oh come on! You should be happy! I am too perfect to resist.”

The rest of the day seems like the first time we had a date, the time when we are the only ones together. Alone like that.

We went to eat on a restaurant and go to many places. I was having fun. However, she gave me a trick question I can’t answer at all.

“Do you… still love me, Park Chorong?” She asked, with a look I can never decipher on her face.

“E-eh? I never remembered the t-time I told you I do.” I tried to get away but her persistence is on a different level I can’t avoid it.

“I know, I told you that. I know about your feelings so don’t deny it. Do you still love me, Park Chorong?”

I can’t answer her…more like I don’t want to answer her.

Maybe because a part of me wants to deny some fact. Or maybe because I really don’t know what to tell her.

I don’t want to be unfair to her and to Bomi…

And thinking of the latter, guilt started eating me up alive inside.

“You know, I’ve known Bomi longer than you because we were classmates since seventh grade. I generated a crush on her back then and I know how many admirers she had and among those who she liked back. I know Yoon Bomi’s feelings…but I just can’t help but wonder this. She doesn’t matter at all, when we are talking about the two of us.Ignore her for a while, Park Chorong and answer me. Do you still love me?”

When she realized that I can’t answer her, she rephrased the question.

“Did I…make you happy today?”

That was the one I could answer so I nodded my head and faced her, not expecting that she will sigh softly at my answer.

“Happiness is different from love though, Park Chorong. I still can’t sort my feelings at this moment. You are the one I loved this deeply…but someone keeps knocking at the doors of my heart. I think it’s only right for me to open it for her… I am utterly confused right now, Chorong… I don’t want to hurt Naeun.”

She gave me a look of understanding, “I don’t want to hurt her, Chorong-ah… But at the same time, I don’t want to hurt myself in the future either. What should this idiot do now?”

I didn’t know what to answer her.

But when she said she didn’t want to hurt Naeun was enough to sting my heart.

Before I can answer her though, my eyes drifted to the girl that was in the shade of a tree close to us, her face was masked with pain.

Just then I realized it was Yoon Bomi. And she knows that we had a date today…when in fact she was the one who asked me out too and I totally forget it up until now.

 

Son Naeun

Love is sometimes like a straight road. It seems short sometimes that you think you can pass by it after a few minutes. However, as you continued, you realized it wasn’t really an easy road either. You’ll then realize how long it was, that you start to get impatient… and sometimes you’ll just find out that someone else was taking that lane, and was totally ahead of you in everything.

My love for Jung Eunji is like that. I thought that finally I had the chance; however that chance started vanishing right before me as I realized she was getting closer and more comfortable with Park Chorong once again.

It hurts, probably because I hoped. I was being a delusional jerk that is thinking her crush might really like her back and love her just how much as she did.

She didn’t know that she was just one of the options the latter has.

And now that the person who seems to be her first choice started having feelings back, she was slowly driving out of the picture.

It hurts… and I was stupid enough to think like that.

I realized that the faithful of day of late November. I was actually the one who set up the date of Irene and Mark but they bailed out the last minute. I wanted to pun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter