Chapter 5

Love's Crossing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love's Crossing

Chapter 5

 

Jung Eunji

Love is like being caught in the traffic. Most of the times, it is frustrating and time consuming… but there are moments when you are sick of it.

I’m sick with love. I’m sick that even if I can say that I’ve moved on from Park Chorong, a part of me is still coming back to her. I still can’t stop all those sweet and caring actions towards her. And when normally people get mad and cold on the person that broke their hearts, I can’t bring myself to be cold to her.

I guess I was just meant to be so warm that being cold is not an option for me.

I’ve noticed that around the month of November and it was the time for the Student Journalist Press Conference. It was the same contest every year where high school and elementary students attend, fighting against other young campus journalist in News Writing, and such. I used to be an Editorial Journalist when I was in elementary but dropped that passion when I entered high school and just focused on Radio Broadcasting on my first year. However, I got sick when I was in Grade Eight so I wasn’t able to participate and I never got back. Ever.

It’s not that I have no passion in it anymore. I’m just tired and exhausted of using my brain too much so I decided to give it a break.

And just when I did, it’s my heart that’s going through a serious round trip journey that I don’t know when will end.

One particular week got me noticing how tired I am for love.

It was our semestral break and technically I was meant to stay on my house for the whole week to rest, only ending up going to school for three straight days to be organizers for that stupid contest.

So I was saying, I was there. And Park Chorong is too since she’s a Radio Broadcaster. And I realized that I can’t really try to not care of her forever.

“You seem to be into your script so much… Any problems…?”

“Oh… I just can’t get this right. I’m editing the science report part but I can’t get it right…” She muttered cutely, not even realizing that it was me.

Chuckling at my spot, I sat on the chair in front of her and grabbed the paper she’s holding, casually taking my pen out and started writing down stuffs on her paper. After I finished, I handed it back to her.

“Science Reports are easy. Aside from the fact that it should be brief and attention-catching, it should also be straight to the point. So, as a result, you need to highlight the most important parts and the data correctly.”

Her eyes narrowed on me at that moment before her eyebrows curling in confusion, “How’d you know?”

“I WAS a Radio Broadcaster, remember?”

“If you are this great, you should’ve joined the team.”

“I’m not interested.”

“Then what are you interested in?”

I was stumped at that. What am I really interested in? Truthfully, I don’t have any answer. I can’t picture myself in the person since I’m the type who lives in the present. I don’t know what I want to be. Actually, I have no permanent dream at all. It would be nice to have one.

And if she’s really asking me about interests… I know I used to be interested with her. And now… I just don’t know anymore.

Silence filled the air for a while before I decided to break it.

“Do you… like Bomi?”

“What? What makes you think like that? No, of course not!” she immediately replied, not in a defensive manner, but in a truthful manner.

Nodding in understanding, I continued asking her… “Then, do you still like me perhaps…?”

“W-well that’s… uhmmm…”

I didn’t wait for any reply as I stood up and headed away, not forgetting to tell her something before I completely leave.

“She likes you, Yoon Bomi. I know I have no right to tell you this but it’s  true. You need to know the people around you well, Chorong-ah… besides, I don’t want Yoon Bomi to end up like me.”

“Like you?”

I nodded before flashing her my million dollar eyesmile, “Yeah… Giving up because I thought I stood no chance.”

“You have feelings for her. Maybe not as strong as what you felt for me, but then I guess I was right with one thing. If you don’t have feelings for her, you won’t look so good together.”

I didn’t explain any further and walked away.

It’s true… Sometimes, there are things like that. Chemistry? Is that what they say? They have it. But I can see the way they look at each other. And the sparks between them is not produced by the friendship or acting.

They enjoy each other’s presence…

One thing I know is that, some people are made for each other. Just like the Chorong unnie and I since a lot of people sees how we look good together. However, even if some people are made for each other, they might not be meant to be together.

Love, is not about completing each other anymore.

It just needs a click. And it would be as everything was completed already.

It stings, matchmaking Chorong to another person. But that’s all I can do. And I can just find someone else for me…

Ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter