Chapter 4

Love's Crossing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love's Crossing

Chapter 4

 

Park Chorong
Love is finding a no U-turn sign on the road you are taking. Just when you are going on that road, you realize soon enough that you forgot something. All you have to do is go back, but then the signs say you have no choice but to take the longer road since you can’t go back that quickly. You don’t even know if there if the thing you’ve forgotten is still there, since you left it for too long.
I’ve gotten that part out by myself. I was so busy to make Eunji jealous that I forgot something. If you truly love someone, you just have to show it and not prove that that person loves you too. 
Only then I realize how stupid I was for making all that stupid plans to make Eunji jealous. So what if Eunji’s jealous? Will that make her mine?
While those thoughts flow in my mind, I forgot that there is something much more stupid because of that stupid plan.
And it was Jung Eunji herself who told me about it.
It was the early week of October, and I was alone in the gymnasium, sitting on the edge of the stage, looking into nowhere. I was all alone, for all I know, until I heard noises behind me and someone lied on the stage floor with her arms spread out.
“A look that is thinking deeply just says that you are having troubles, milady… Whatcha thinking about?” Eunji’s usual playful voice came into my ears, causing the hair on my skin tingle at her sudden closure to me. I turned my head to see Eunji’s head on my bag, using it as a pillow.
Trying to act annoyed, I rolled my eyes at her. “What is it now, Jung Eunji?”
She just chuckled before sitting up straight then going into an Indian seat. Her eyes focused on mine before suddenly pinching my cheeks. 
“You…” Her eyes focused on mine before suddenly pinching my cheeks. 
“You… you are lovesick, aren’t you?”
You know those moments when someone hit the bull’s eye easily without them even realizing it. She did it. She was exceptionally accurate on her guess and thank god I trained myself not to act flustered at a time like this. I lied to her. But she doesn’t know.
“No, I’m not. Besides, on the two of us, it is you that has a lot of beaus.” I pointed out, the suspicions finally directed to her.
She seemed to be confuses with what I said though, “Beaus? I never had any though…”
“Well it’s different with what people think…” I mumbled, loud enough for her to hear.
There are a few moments of silence between us, until she chose to end it.
“I’m not the type you think I am, Chorong unnie… I’m not the type who is not serious of anything.”
“Yeah if you say so.”
I decided to walk away, trying to avoid confrontation. I am afraid with my conversations with her. I am afraid… that maybe I’ll slip out the words I’m not supposed to say.
She beat me to it though.
“I liked you, Park Chorong. To think of it, I’ve never been serious like this before. At some point, I thought it was already you, the one I need, the one who showed me love. But what can I do? When I feel like every time, you are being one step farther from me.”
“Eunji-ah…”
“I know. I know about it right now. I know about your feelings. I know about everything… But when I thought that maybe we could be together again, my heart hurts. I don’t think we are fit for each other, Park Chorong. I think love has passed us just like that.”
I never regretted anything before as much as this one. 
And right now, she made me feel more regretful for letting her walk away so quickly.

 

Son Naeun
Love is like a speed limit sign. There are moments you have to be fast and quick, but there are moments that you have to slow down and be careful. If you won’t follow the rules, you might end up getting in an accident and hurt yourself, or maybe you’ll get caught by the police and find a different ending, something not even better than the first one.
And so, now I am on a speed limit. I am still clueless of her heart…
I don’t even know if I am just another girl in her life, or am I someone of great importance.
I hate that part

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter