Chapter 1

Love's Crossing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love's Crossing

Chapter One

 

Jung Eunji

Love. I never thought of love when I was a kid. Maybe because I was the boyish type who would rather stay outside of the house to play catch with guys or maybe I'm the outgoing type who wants to be friends with everyone and not think of someone as weird or special. I'm not the type of girl who would stay at home and watch barbie movies and see her fall in love with yet another man in an another dimension.I used to think love as just some concept I will have to face when I get older. I never gave it much thought at all.

 

Not until I entered Eighth Grade. That was when I claimed that I had my first love.

 

Park Chorong. She was the known as the responsible, cute girl of the pilot section(She was actually in the last section when we are in the seventh grade but her grades got up higher than expected so she got up in no time.) and thus is quite respected in our batch. she has a strong sense of justice and no one, LIKE NO ONE, can literally win an argument against her.

 

I didn't like her at all.

 

Okay, so if I don't like her, what does LOVE have to do with that?

 

I thought the same thing too at that time.

 

I was really scared at her. I rarely talk to her and most of the time, I just walk pass her on our classes.

 

That changed when we have a Girl Scout Camping at school. Only about forty girls joined and we were in the same patrol. I did my best not to get into her way but I guess Campings are the times when a secret comes out. And a secret did come out.

 

I remembered those times clearly. I remembered having a crush on this girl named Sooyoung, which turned out to be her ex-bestfriend. Sooyoung and I slept on the same tent and then I thought I was really having a huge crush on this girl...

 

Well not until I had a small talk with Park Chorong late at saturday night.

 

My classmates who also joined the camping were all talking in circle on one of the abandoned classrooms when I found them. instead of telling the teachers about it, I ended up joining them and actually get to know of them more.

 

We had some sort of a game where we have to confess something on each of the persons on the class that was present on the camp. It was Chorong's turn and when she was about to confess something to me, I was really nervous and I don't know why.

 

I will never forget what she said that night. "Jung eunji.... I actually thought you were one of the mean girls in High School the first day we had met. You seem mean and hard to approach the first day and I won't forget the times when you just walk pass me and sometimes hit me on the shoulders and never saying sorry, like you never noticed me at all. However, I realized as days goes on that you are in fact a nice girl and a very great friend. It would be nice if we can be friends though..."

 

I was shocked at her confession. I mean, I never thought someone would really think that way. And I didn't realize I was being mean to her that time. And so I ended up being guilty and I swore to myself not to feel the latter the same way ever again.

 

The very next day, which is the last day of the camping, I unconsciously followed her around with the excuse of having her as my patrolmate. She didn't mind it though as she even helped me on the stuffs I brought.

 

Ten thirty AM and that was the time when we have to go home. I was in the small hut which is one of the hangout places of people in the school. chorong was with me and we were both waiting for someone. I am waiting for my father to pick me up and she... well, she was waiting for her friends so they can go home together. After a good ten minutes, I decided to broke the silence and we actually had a nice conversation.

 

That conversation was cut short when my father's car came in and he called me. I immediately stood up and placed my stuffs on the back of the car. Just then, Chorong saw her friends on the gate of the school.

 

"So, you're going?" I asked.

 

she nodded her head and waved her hands.

 

Being the usual sweet girl that I never showed to her, I said the words unconsciously out. "I LOVE YOU!!!!" I meant to say it as a friend and a way to annoy my friends. However, I soon realized that the girl I am talking to is not a close friend but in fact Park Chorong herself.

 

I thought I chickened out and embarassed myself on the statement.

 

She proved me wrong though as she flashed a very sweet smile at me.

 

"I LOVE YOU TOO, JUNG EUNJI!! BYE!!"

 

Upon that statement, a small smile came into my lips...

 

I didn't know, but that was when I started to have a huge crush on her instead.

 

 

Son Naeun

Love. Being a romantic, I actually enjoyed the concept of love. I lived in a world of fairytales and happy endings and love stories like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter