Six

Breaker

 

OMo so sorry

my dad kinda disabled this site so you won't be hearing from me for a long time.

TT^TT Ill try to go on!

 

Otherwise, my livejournal account is SRHYJXY

 

 

 

Howon stared at the boy standing beside him. He really wanted to tell him everything, but he knew that if he did, L would have too hurt even more, so he kept silent.

It was so hard, and his heart was torn. Why did L have to get hurt because of him? But he couldn’t let Dongwoo get hurt either.

Sighing, he rubbed his head.

Dongwoo saw the motion and glanced at Howon nervously. “Are you okay?”

Right when he was about to nod and reassure his former best friend, he caught sight of the nurse. His eyes narrowed. Those eyes were too familiar, he didn’t notice at first since he was too busy treating Dongwoo, but now he could feel it.

“No, I think I have a headache. Maybe I should rest for a bit.” He lied, skillfully lacing his words with a faked pain.

Dongwoo, forever the gullible one, nodded. “Alright, be careful, okay? Don’t crash into anything.” He said gently, and walked away, smiling.

Howon sighed. He really was starting to get a headache from all this stuff he was dealing with. “So who are you?” He growled at the lady who was lurking in the shadows.

The nurse stepped out, an evil smile curling at the tips of her lips. “Dear, don’t say that with such a hostile tone.~” Her honey like voice whispered. “The Howon I knew was very gentlemanly, always protecting everyone from harm.”

Howon frowned and really hoped that it wasn’t who he was expecting. “Oh don’t you dare. I swear if you are that stupid Jin...”

A laugh came across as she winked and said. “Bingo!”

He groaned. “Noona…”

“What?” She laughed. “Are you upset that I ruined your small date with Dongwoo?”

“Noona! It was not a date!” Howon hissed. “I thought you were actually someone that was sent to kill Dongwoo!”

Jin was surprised. “What? Who’s here to kill my little baby’s lover!?”

“Again, he’s not my lover… but, the boss gave this mission out and… Jin-noona, could you do me a favor?”

“Of course.”

“Since I’m going to be busy protecting Dongwoo, could you protect Myungsoo-hyung?”

Jin seemed taken back. “Howon, Myungsoo is strong enough to protect himself, why are you worrying?”

“The mission… It was all a trap for L. ”

Jin slowly nodded. She was one of the oldest employees, and also knew about the relationship between Myungsoo and his father. “Fine, I will, but I’m warning you. You have to keep Dongwoo safe too.”

Howon sighed. “I will, now let’s go to the nurse’s office. I’m suppose to have a headache and it would be suspicious to see us talking like this.”

Jin smirked and tipped her head down a bit to let him know that she agreed. “Alright. You should get some rest though, it probably has been hard on you these days, seeing that you fell asleep almost immediately.”

“I did? I can hardly remember...”

They talked a casual conversation as they headed towards the office.

“Wake me up later, okay?” Howon asked dizzily, already sleepy just by seeing the bed.

Jin nodded, and he collapsed onto the bed.

Once again, dreams were not his favorite imagery in his brain.

They were at the bottom of a cliff with a lush green landscape surrounding them. It was very quiet, only L and him. Sometimes a wind swooshed past them, and sometimes they could hear the waves off in the distance, but it was only them.

“Howon, you can’t die.” Myungsoo murmured. “I’m so thankful for that.”

He stared at L. “Hyung?”

L shook his head and smiled slightly. “Howon, the fight has begun already.”

“What fight? What are you talking about? Hyung?” Howon’s eyes widened in concern.

“Howon-ah, this a world that I manipulate. I am the oracle, the dream controller, the prophesier.”

Howon left half-heartedly. “Hyung, what are you going on about? You’re scaring me.”

Myungsoo sighed, and pouted. “Gosh! I wanted to make this dramatic. You should’ve been like, ‘Does that mean you have magic?’ Instead, you rant on about what this is!”

The younger got even more confused. “Wait, what? I know I can lucid dream, but what!?”

Once again, L sighed. “Okay, Howon, this is the basics of what I mean. I have magic that can allow me to go into other people’s dreamscapes, and see the future if it has anything to do with me.”

Howon slowly nodded. It was strange, but somehow, he understood.

“And what are you going to do with me? There must be something.”

“Well, there’s my smart lad!”

“I’m not your lad, okay? But anyway, what.”

“I’m going to train you in your dreams. Mentally and physically.” Myungsoo smiled.

Howon took the older’s words, and after a couple moments, he nodded. “Fine. What are we learning.”

L laughed. “You’re always so quick!” The expression on his face darkened. “But right now, I need to give you important news. First off, Someone other than Jin has infiltrated the school, and two: I’m already captured. When you find me, let me fall. I’ll be fine.”

Howon frowned but nodded. “Sure… ”

“Lastly, WAKE UP!”

With those words, Howon jerked up, almost crashing into Jin as he did. “OH MY GOD!” The woman screamed. “STOP DOING THAT!”

Howon just chuckled, silently thanking his mentor for this scene.

 


 

As he left, Dongwoo glanced back one last time at that direction. Hoya was hiding something, he could feel it.

Did he not trust him or something? He took the corner and waited patiently for something to happen. It wasn’t long before he heard the clicks of high heels and his new friend’s voice.

“So who are you?”

“Dear, don’t say that with such a hostile tone.~” The nurse’s voice replied. “The Howon I knew was very gentlemanly, always protecting everyone from harm.”

Did they know each other? Why was she calling Hoya Howon? He listened more intently. “Oh don’t you dare. I swear, if you are that stupid Jin… ”

Who? He suddenly remembered, the name written in gold on the thin name plate. It was just one character, Jin. So they knew each other? He heard the nurse laugh and confirm what Hoya or Howon, whoever he was, knew her.

He felt a twinge of jealously, but ignored it and continued listening.

“Noona!” Hoya whined, and Dongwoo smiled.

He was listening so intently and didn’t notice the small pencil beneath his foot rolled. He slipped and almost fell before a person behind him caught him.

“Are you okay?” The other’s person was deep and smooth. It was soft, but not quite a whisper.

Dongwoo couldn’t see the other’s face, but somehow he knew this boy meant no harm. He gave the boy a smile and a quick nod. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

The other let go and stepped into the light. He was around Dongwoo’s own height with deep hazel eyes. His coffee colored hair with random strips of a light blonde mixed in was about an inch long and curly.  He wore a gray hoodie and slightly ripped skinny jeans with feet in worn down converse. A slight smirk was at his lips as he helped the other up to his feat.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Thank you.” Dongwoo says, smiling back, slightly unsure about what else to do.

The other boy chuckled. “My name’s Soryoung. Nice to meet you, Dongwoo-shii.”

“Um… nice to meet you too? How do you know my name?” He asked.

The stranger chuckled. “Who doesn’t know about the most popular kid at school? Plus, we used to be in the same class.”

Dongwoo looked down, slightly embarrassed that he couldn’t remember Soryoung.

“Sorry.” He whispered.

Soryoung laughed it off. “Oh it's fine.” The lump on his legs started vibrating and Dongwoo realized it was his phone.

“Yes… mhm… ne… okay… alright… yes, bye.”  Soryoung said, and then he hung up. “Sorry, Dongwoo-shii, I need to go now. Its an emergency.” he explained quickly before running off.

Dongwoo smiled slightly. “Ne.” He said even though the other had already gone.