Cinq

Breaker

OMG I cant believe it

i have 21 subs on this story

Since yadong isn't really popular i thought that i wouldn't get over 15

SANKYOU ALL

 

The car ride was loud due to Sunggyu and the pets, but it was quick too. L handed him a folder on the car, careful not let Sunggyu notice or see. It wasn’t that L didn’t trust Sunggyu, he just couldn’t let Sunggyu know, or else the talkative man would be killed by the boss. “Read it later.” L whispered. “And… you can say no to this if you wish.”

Howon frowned as he made his way up the stairs of their house and into his room. He opened the folder and skimmed through before stopping at one part.

Name: Jang Dongwoo

Action: Kill

Background Information: Distant relative of the head of the chinese mafia. Although nothing has happened yet, needs to eliminated to stop future crimes.

He reread that before closing his eyes, thinking of everything that could happen. Possibility One: He could reject the offer. But that would mean that someone else would kill Dongwoo. He flipped back to the front, where the amount was; if it was a lower ranking person, he could fend them off, but if it were one of the elite, there is no way he could help. Reward: $10,000,000. It was going to be the elite. And plus, if he did help Dongwoo,  everyone around would be hurt as well.since it would be an elite.

Possibility Two: He could take the offer, but instead of killing him, do nothing. He’d be severely punished for his actions, but Dongwoo would have chance and maybe get spared. L knew that and handed the file to him, but if the company knew that L knew, his mentor would get killed.

Howon frowned and stared at the closed door. Was L saying that he would sacrifice himself for Howon? It probably was the case, but… L had a life. He’s seen him talking with the girl called Krystal, and how he blushes and smiles.

He ripped the papers in frustration and threw them into the trash. Then, he walked to the desk and opened the laptop and turned it on. He browsed the jobs until he found it.

He breathed in and clicked on accept. The small popup came up again to say he chose this job. Howon clicked on the OK button and sighed.

This was it, no turning back, he went downstairs, not speaking to L.

A concerned look came from the older, but L sighed and seemed to understand. “You made the right decision.”

“Hyung! How could you say that? I've seen how happy you are with Krystal! Stop lying!”

“Howon…” L tries to comfort the younger. “It's fine. I'll be fine. This will work out. I promise.”

Howon didn't say anything, only stared at L, pain so obvious in his eyes. After a moment, he whispered out, “Hyung… you're giving up your life for a person you just met.”

“He seems like a good person. Plus, you talked about almost every day until you were twelve.” L chuckled.

“Myungsoo-hyung!”

L smiled slightly. “When did you figure out my name?”

“A long time ago… when… when you had that … talk with the boss.” Howon murmured out.

Something in L’s eyes flickered. “Howon, how much did you see?”

Howon took a deep breath. “Everything.” He closed his eyes as flashes of the past went through his mind.

“Does… does he know about you?” L asked, concern in his eyes.

“I don’t think so… but now that Dongwoo’s up… I’m starting to worry.” Howon replied, thinking deeply.

“Well, keep up the act as Hoya. And just remember, if I’m missing for more than one day, run away with  Dongwoo.” Myungsoo warned.

“Ne… ” Howon whispered.

“Alright now, let’s eat, shall we?” L said, changing the subject.

“Yea, let’s eat.” Howon agreed.

They ate Bokkeumbap silently, watching as Sungyeol and Sungjong started fighting again. It might have been funny some other day, but today, no one laughed.

Afterwards, Howon quickly did the homework and went straight to bed, not wanting to do anything.

His dreams were always a bit depressing, and this time, he dreamed of L.

“Hyung-nim! What are you d-” L got cut off by the boss slamming him into the wall.

“I wanted a professional courier, not some little kid!” He hissed, “I waited for two years and this is what I get? A little kid?” The boss punched L in the face.

“He’s good. I’ve already trained him. Plus, no one would suspect a little ki-” Another punch was thrown at L, this time at the stomach.

“Shut up, I don’t need to hear excuses.” The boss growled. “Listen, if that kid doesn’t do good enough, I will kill him and your mother.”

L’s eyes widened. “You wouldn’t dare hurt your own wife!”

A slap to the face. “She’s not my wife. She’s just some that made the horrible mistake of letting you live.” The boss’ eyes narrowed. “Kim. Myung. Soo.”

Howon was shocked by the information he just gathered.

The door suddenly opened and Howon quickly went into a position that made him seem like he was just walking. The boss glared at him, but then he smirked evilly.

“I'll make you the trap.” He whispered to his younger self.

Howon woke up a sudden horror. This was all a trap for L. He needed to tell him. He ran to L’s room and slammed open the door. “Hyung! This was all a trap for you!”

L, who was shocked by the sudden intrusion, became even more shocked by the new news. Slowly, he calmed down and sighed. “I should have expected this.”

“It’s fine, we can still change it. I could still reject the offer, it’ll all be fine.” Howon sputtered out, trying to reassure himself.

“Howon-” L said, but then was cut off by the younger again.

“L, where’s your laptop? I need to go and cancel it. You’ll be safe. This will work out.” Howon continued.

“Howon.” L said, louder and sharper.

The latter stopped and glanced at L. “What?”

“What about Dongwoo?” L asked.

It became silent again as Howon remember that his best friend’s life was also on the line.

“What should I do?” He asked silently.

“Just continue, I’ll survive like I always have.” L replied.

“Hyung, we’re talking about your father here. You should be more careful. Who knows what will happen.”

“Howon, I’ll be fine. Now go back to sleep, you need to get to school tomorrow.”

Howon glared at L and the older glared back. A long silence was cast before Howon finally sighed and went back to his room.


Dongwoo could tell the deadness in Hoya’s eyes as he whispered a good morning and almost collapsed into his seat.

“Hoya?” He asked quietly.

“What?” The other muttered, irritation obvious in his voice.

“Are you okay?”

“Of course, what else would I be?” Hoya growled out.

“No, it’s just that you seemed a bit… tired.” Dongwoo explained, and the small tensing from Hoya didn’t go unnoticed, but he didn’t point it out, careful not to arouse the boy to get even more angry.

After a couple moments, Hoya sighed. “Yeah, I am tired today. Yesterday night was such a bother with the pets back…” He said quietly.

Dongwoo smiled reassuringly. “It’ll be fine.”

Hoya nodded and was about to reply back when the bell rang and their science class began.

Dongwoo watched as Hoya started doing the worksheet the teacher had given them. He sighed and focused on his, shaking his head of any weird thoughts of Hoya.

Suddenly, he felt a pain in the back of his head. He held his freezing fingers on it and closed his eyes. At first it helped a bit, but then the sharp pain came again. He grimaced and went up to the teacher to tell him about it, but he couldn’t stand up properly and he crashed down onto the floor. Dongwoo didn’t know if it actually happened since he was too dizzy to tell, but thought he saw Hodong running up to him to catch him.

He smiled. “Hodong...” He whispered.

Dongwoo flinched before blinking open his eyes to find himself not in the science lab. Adjusting to the whiteness, he finally realized that he was in the nurse’s office, and Hoya was sleeping by his side.

“Um...” Dongwoo started, not really knowing what to say.

The nurse who was clicking on files on her computer before, turned around and smiled. “You’ll be fine, it’s just a fever. Be thankful of him.” She gestured towards Hoya, “He was the first to respond and brought you here immediately.”

Dongwoo glanced at the sleeping boy at his side peacefully. “Is he okay?” He asked.

The nurse smiled again. “ Oh he’s fine, just worrying for you. Wake him up and get to class, alright?”

Dongwoo nods. “Thank you!”

“No problem.” She replies with a wink, “It’s my job anyway.”

She leaves them in peace and Dongwoo carefully gets off of the bed and shakes Hoya slightly.

The boy groans, but he wakes up and rubs his eyes. “Dongwoo?”

“Yeah, hey.”

“Are you okay? You collapsed.” He said, now awoke and thinking straight.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine. The nurse is really nice, you know. Now come on, let’s get to class.”

Hoya stares at him blankly before slowly nodding and walking along with him to their english class.

For some reason, a tense feeling surrounds him like fog and he can’t breathe for a moment, but then again, he was weird like that. Dongwoo shook his head and sighed. He could feel it; something dangerous was going to happen soon.