Quatre

Breaker

Im so sorry I havent been updating! So here is my apology, an extra long chapter!

Love you guys~

Howon frowned when he saw luxurious limousine at the corner.

L rolled down the window. "Come in."

Reluctantly, the boy stepped in. "Isn't this too suspicious?" He asked as he closed the door.

"Of course, it's only for today."

"Today? What's so special about today?"

L frowned. "Howon, it's your first day of school in like, ten years. Plus, my pets are coming back."

Hearing the news, Howon grinned. L's pets were adorable and funny. The yorkshire terrier was named Sungyeol, and the bombay was called Sungjong. They always fought over L’s attention while Howon would just watch the amusing sight of the cat and dog fighting.

“So are we going straight to the hospital They coming?”  Howon asked.

“We’re picking them up now. Heh, I can’t wait to see them again.” L smiled, at the thought of having them back, causing the driver raise an eyebrow and smirked; L was the kind of guy that rarely showed his emotions on the outside, and this was counted as ‘outside’ to him.

“Hyung, are you really that excited?” Howon asked, trying not to chuckle when L gave him a confused look. “We’re outside, and you’re smiling.”

L frowned slightly and sighed. “I guess I’ve gotten use to Sunggyu being around.”

Sunggyu glanced at the mirror and smiled. “Is it because I talk so much?”

L laughed. “Most likely, seeing that I’m almost always traveling around with you.”

Hwon frowned. “How much do you talk, Sunggyu-hyung?”

The oldest pretended to think for a moment before answering. “That depends, you know? My mood is very difficult to predict. The weather has to do with it to.”

Hoya smirked slightly. "Hyung, really? As far as I`ve seen, you always talk, no matter what."

"Nah." Sunggyu replied. When he saw Howon raise an eyebrow, he continued on. "When it's sunny, I tend to talk a lot."

"And?" Howon pressed on, waiting for the lame joke ahead.

"And when it's raining, I tend to talk a lot."

L smirked. "What's the difference, Sunggyu-hyung?"

The eldest laughed. "I have no idea."

As the older two kept talking and laughing, Howon became lost in thoughts. Is his father doing okay? Should he visit sometime? What about Dongwoo? Can he become friends with the guy without spilling his secrets?

He closed his eyes and reminisced the little amount happy memories of childhood he had.

"Soojung-noona!" Dongwoo shouted to his older sister while dragging Howon along.

"Yes Dongwoo?" Her honey sweet voice rang from across the yard. Soojung-noona was always pretty, a small, pale face that always seemed to have a blush at the cheek, (but only really deepened to red when Eric hyung was there.) She had bright eyes that seemed light up the space around her. Her hair was a dark chocolate color that seemed to contrast in the perfect way with her rosy lips.

A little Dongwoo ran up to her and pulled a younger Howon in front of him. "Noona, he's my best friend!"

Soojung giggled before asking, "Oh really?"

Dongwoo bobbed his head up and down really quickly until Howon told him to stop.

He could still remember the exact words he spoke. Quietly, he whispered them out loud. "Aish, Dongwoo, you'll hurt your neck of you keep doing that." Tears started to form at the back of his eyes before he calmed down and composed himself. He took a deep breath, and opened his eyes, looking around for something to distract from his old best friend. Chuckling softly, he saw exactly what he needed, the vet.

The car stopped and they all got off and started towards the place where L's pets were.

The automatic door shifted and a blast of medicine entered their noses.


Dongwoo turned to see who was entering the doorway and he gasped. The other boy's eyes widened too. He whispered something to the men next to him before turning back to stare at Dongwoo.

Slowly, Lee Hoya pulled his gaze away from him and suddenly brightened. "Ah! Sungyeol-ah!" He ran over to pet a dog as the yorkshire terrier his hand and nuzzled against. As the other men walked to where Hoya was squatting, the dog turned his attention to the taller man. He walked around him a couple of times before barking in triumph. Dongwoo stared at the sight, confused until a cat came running over, growling at the dog. A fresh laugh filled the room and he realized it had been Hoya.

He smiled at the sight at the other boy.

"Do you like him?" A voice breathed into his ear.

Dongwoo jumped in surprise before whipping around to pout at the man behind him. "Woohyun-hyung! Stop that!"

The vet chuckled. “Ay, but really, do you like him?”

“I- I don’t know… he just reminds me so much of Hodong… ” Dongwoo murmured as he eyed the boy, who was laughing at something the hamster like man said.

Woohyun sighed and softly patted the younger’s head. “It’ll be fine. ” He comforted Dongwoo like he knew what had happened. Maybe he did, he always seemed to know everything.

A couple times, Dongwoo had seen stare off into space, as if he’s remembering things from a long time ago. A sad look filled his eyes, but it quickly disappeared when he saw Dongwoo staring at him. He smiled at the younger, showing nothing of the sadness before.

He hates it when Woohyun hides things from him, but he understands, if there is something that sad, no one would want to talk about it.

Thinking about that, he wonders what Hoya had to suffer. He could see the glassy side of the kid’s eyes.

The other seemed to notice his staring and turned to look questioningly at him.

He smiled and walked over. “Hi Hoya! I’m Jang Dongwoo, remember me?” He asked brightly.

Hoya backed away slightly before regaining his composure and smiling a bit. “H-hello...”

The man who was on the ground with his pets stood up. “Hello, Dongwoo. Are you Hoya’s friend?” He asked, smiling slightly.

“Um… I don’t think we count as friends… I just sa-” Dongwoo was interrupted by a fierce pull on his sleeve by Hoya.

“You what?”  The man asked.

“Um, just sat next to him." Dongwoo stuttered out.

The man smiled. " Well, thank you for sitting next to my brother. He doesn't have a lot of friends here. My name is Jiu, and I'm this little brat's brother." He said.

"Hyung!~ Stop calling me brat!" Hoya frowned in joking manner. How he looked like Hodong... Without realizing, the smile on his face disappeared, and Jiu was giving him a worried look.

But before he could say anything, a hand reached to his forehead. At first he tensed, but it was so warm and comforting. A man's voice sounded. "Jiu, he's fine."

The hand came off of his forehead and the other man that came with Hoya smiled.

"Sorry about that. My name's Sunggyu." The man said and then turned back to Woohyun, who he was having a conversation with.

Hoya glanced at him, amusement in his eyes. "Sunggyu-hyung always does that." Beneath his breath, he whispered something to himself, and Dongwoo couldn't make out what he was saying.

"Well, Dongwoo, it was nice meeting you, but we've got to go. Sunggyu, come on, stop flirting with Woohyun, we need to go." Jiu commanded.

Sunggyu pouted slightly before sighing and saying goodbye to Woohyun.

After they left, Dongwoo spoke up. "Hyung, you know them?"

Woohyun smiled his "of course" smile and nodded. "They come fairly often to check up."

"Really?"

"Yeah, now get back to work."

Dongwoo laughed. "Yes sir!"