Chapter 14

Trust

It was the day of the lacrosse game! The girls were in the locker room prepping for the game. Seolhyun walks in the locker room to give them a little support.

"Fighting guys!" Seolhyun says

"It's ok Seol! You don't have to cheer for us... We really ..." Mina says

In fact, Youkyoung was making a bet with Chanmi about how bad they're gonna lose. If they lose by 20 points or less then Youkyoung gets $20 if it's more that than Chanmi gets $20.

"Hey Seolhyun!" Hyejeong says, just entering the locker room 

Seolhyun turns to face Hyejeong and her face turns a light shade of pink just by seeing Hyejeong in sweatpants and a t-shirt. 

How can she look so hot in that?!?! If she was sweating, ughhhh that would be hot af... Why did I fall so hard for her? Oh wait, it's Shin Hyejeong, duh!

"A-Anyway! Fighting guys! I'll be on the bleachers watching!" Seolhyun says

She quickly gives Hyejeong a little peck and heads out of the locker rooms. 

"I feel like she's gonna be disappointed in me..." Hyejeong says after Seolhyun leaves.

Mina walks up and pats Hyejeong's back. 

"It's ok Hyejeong! At least you won't disappoint her in bed." Mina says and immediately starts running away.

"KWON MINA!!!" Hyejeong yells and runs after her. 

~~The Lacrosse Game~~

"Hello ladies and gentlemen! This is the first Lacrosse game of the season! Are you excited for our first game?!" The loud speaker announces 

The crowd cheers loudly in response 

Let's get started shall we?! On this side of the field we have your home team the, "Ace Of Angels!" (cue Heart Attack) 

The team walks onto the field and earn a couple of claps and cheers, including Seolhyun 

On this side we have your guests, "The Boys!" (cue The Boys - SNSD)

The guest team enters the field earning lots of claps and cheers from the crowd

Let the game begin!!!

The buzzer sounds and the ball is thrown into the air and is immediately caught by a guy on The Boys. They run down toward their goal and score in the first 20 seconds of the game. The crowd goes wild upon the first score of the game. The game continues with the Ace Of Angles continuing to lose and the point gap getting larger by the minute.

It's finally the last 10 minutes of the game!! The score is 30-5 it doesn't look very well for the Ace Of Angels! Will they be able to turn the game around? The loud speaker announces 

On the field, the whole team is exhausted and are ready for the game to be over. Suddenly the guy currently with the ball slams straight into Hyejeong causing her to fall to the ground and running off with a smirk. 

Player Shin Hyejeong is down!! The speaker suddenly announces

Seolhyun abruptly stands up from the stands to get a better view, her worry clearly showing on her face. The game stops and the whole team runs over to see if Hyejeong is alright. Seolhyun bolts down the bleachers and runs on the field, tears streaming down her face, and not even caring that people will find out about her athletic ability. She gets to Hyejeong in no time and kneels down in front of her. Hyejeong can barley keep her eyes open and moments later she's taken to the hospital. 

The team officially declares their loss and rushes off to the hospital, trailing Hyejeong's ambulance. Seolhyun rides in the ambulance with Hyejeong, her tears overflowing and desperately holding her hand. 

Hyejeong please... Please stay with me... Seolhyun prays, squeezing Hyejeong slightly tighter but is careful as to not hurt the girl 

When they finial reach the hospital Hyejeong is rushed into an emergency room to inspect her condition and everyone is asked to stay out and wait. They all fall on the chairs nearby, not just out of exhaustion but also worry. Seolhyun, unable to stop her tears, falls to the ground on her knees. 

Jimin walks up to Seolhyun and hugs her. "Shhhh it's ok, Hyejeong is strong, she'll be back for you and for all of us." Jimin comforts, rubbing Seolhyun's back 

Seolhyun cries harder on Jimins shoulder and hugs her back. 

After about 20 minutes of Seolhyun crying she finally manages to calm down and sit on an open chair. She holds her head in her hands and waits for the doctor to come out. 

Hyejeong please don't do this, we haven't even had many memories together yet. Please comeback for me, for everyone. We all need you so please be well... Seolhyun thinks 

Seolhyun looks up and sees Yuna trying to hold in tears as Mina is crying loudly against her chest, hugging her tight. Jimin and Choa and holding each other's hands tightly muttering encouraging words occasionally. Even poor little Chanmi was resting on Youkyoung's shoulder, her tears staining her cheeks and her eyes closed trying to calm herself down. That's when Seolhyun realized it...

I'm all alone without Hyejeong... 

Seolhyun stood up and walked to the closed door, placing her hand on the cold wood, it was the only thing that was separating her and Hyejeong right now. She slowly sat down and leaned her back against the door, her mind racing. 

Why did I have to be so cold to everyone?!?! They all just wanted to be friends with me... Now if Hyejeong leaves me I'll be all alone again... I regret it all... Why did I have to listen to my parents fight that night?! Why didn't I be normal and make friends?! Why did I shut everyone out?! Oh wait... Because I feared that they would hurt me... But why did Hyejeong have to get hurt?! She's the only one I truly trust in this cruel world... I don't have any frien-

Suddenly Seolhyun feels several pairs of arms wrap around her and her eyes slowly open. That's when she sees all 6 of her friends hugging her in a bug group hug. After a couple minutes of that comforting hug they slowly separate and pull Seolhyun to her feet. They all give Seolhyun sad but encouraging smiles, Seolhyun returns their sad smiles. 

I do have friends, these 6 will help me, I can't thank them enough. Is this what they call trust? I finally managed to trust people, my heart isn't frozen... I've been able to open up to them because... Because of Hyejeong... All because of Hyejeong... I need to thank everyone for staying with me, especially Hyejeong...

"Thank you guys..." Seolhyun mutters, just loud enough for all of them to hear, tears forming in her eyes again 

They all group hug again and suddenly the door opens causing all of them to separate and look up at the doctor waiting for him to speak. 

"Hyejeong unfortunately has suffered a extreme blow to her head. She's still alive, but we can't guarantee anything in the future. She's slightly conscious right now but if you plan on going to see her don't be too loud. I will give you more details when I get the documents from her tests." The doctor finishes 

"Thank you doctor." They all say in unison and bow respectfully as he's leaving 

They give each other slight nods before entering the room. 

____________________________

A/N: Hey guys! I know it's been awhile hasn't it? That's why I decided to update! I do have a plan to update about 1-2 more times before Christmas and I will upload a special chapter on Christmas! (Maybe on New Years too, who knows?) But despite all that, I feel like this story is finally picking up its pace and I'm sorry for the long wait! Please stay in tune for the next chapters! All the support you give is greatly appreciated! I love you! Yes you!