SCRIPT 9

The Break Up

GD smiled looking at Dara beside her, they’re just having a road trip after dinner, “I never seen you like this”, he commented.

“Like what?”, Dara asked smiling.

“Hmm…peaceful. You’re so happy”, he commented. He felt happy just by seeing her like that. She beams at him.

“Really? I am happy”, she beams.

He chuckled.

They ended up at the shore. GD noticed that she’s cold but she’s still contentedly looking in front at the dancing waves smiling.

GD reached her for a backhug, she stiffened but immediately relaxes.

“We didn’t bring any jacket or blanket”, he murmured.

“You are warm”, Dara commented leaning on him.

“Where have you been when you’re gone?”, he asked. “I almost went crazy missing you”

“Philippines”, she answered.

“Philippines?”, he frowned.

“Uhmm”, she nodded and smiled. ”The beach reminded me of him”, she murmured.

“What did you say?”, he asked.

“Nothing. GD…I’m like a sister to you, right? you love me like that, right?”

“Uhuh”, he answered hugging her tightly. “I love you a few times more than Hyejeong”, GD laughs.

“Do siblings do this kind of things?”, she asked.

GD fell silent and then turn her around facing him. “What’s with the question suddenly? Why? Is this making you uncomfortable?”

“No. You’re always like this. We are always like this”

“Dara…”

“I’m just asking since I’ve never seen you like this with Hyejeong”

“She’ll surely kick my if I snuggled to her”, he chuckled hugging her again. “It’s cold!”

Dara just smiled and hugged him back.

***

“Don’t tell me you’ve thinking of another album this year?”, Teddy teased looking at GD’s music scores.

GD laughs. “They’re for the juniors”

“You’re finally laughing. Tell Dara to visit. I haven’t seen her for a long time”

“Ok”

Teddy walks but then turns to him again, “Ahm…GD, would it be alright if we ask Dara to have a duet with Jinu?”

“Jinu?”, GD asked surprised.

“I always hear her sing with you. I think she’ll complement Jinu’s voice”

“I’m not sure if Hyejeong would agree to that. Dara’s currently on hiatus”

“I’ll talk to her”, Teddy assured him.

***

“Did you came from a shoot?”, GD asked frowning. He knew that Hyejeong stop all of her activities all together.

“No”, Dara answered smiling.

“Then why are you dressed like that?”, GD whispered to Dara. Dara looked down, she’s wearing an above the knee backless dress.

“Why? What’s wrong with it?”, she asked innocently.

“Come with me”, he dragged her.

GD looked at the people passing by commenting on how pretty Dara is and that they thought they broke-up already and what she’s doing there. He sighs, Dara just smiled at them.

“Wear this”, he handed her one of his hood sweat shirt and a loose jogging pants.

“I’m not cold. I’m fine”, Dara insisted smiling.

“Wear it or you’re going home”, GD said threatening. "Why do you have to dress like that when you usually come in jeans and shirt?", he asked annoyed.

“LQ?”, Taeyang entered smiling.

 “Now”, GD ordered. Dara snickered but followed.

“I’m on the verge of telling Jinu the truth because he was really excited but…well…I wonder why do you have to announce the break-up if you’re going out for real this time?”, Taeyang asked.

“What are you talking about?”, GD asked confused.

“Aren’t you…”

“GD it’s too big”, Dara complains walking back to them. GD jump up to her and fixes her sleeves.

“Looks good on you. Let’s go, they must be waiting”, he said walking with her but suddenly remembered Taeyang, “what were you saying?”

Taeyang chuckled, “Nothing. Go on”

***

“President Hyejeong, I already contacted the renovation team”, Minzy informed Hyejeong.

“Good”, she smiled.

“But why are we renovating Dara’s place again?”, Minzy asked.

“Just so…”, Hyejeong smile meaningfully.

“I’ll go and pick up Dara now”, Minzy excused herself but Hyejeong tell her not to.

“Don’t worry about her”, Hyejeong said.

***

Dara was forced to stay at the Kwon’s mansion with the insistence of Chairman Kwon and Hyejeong.

She and GD’s at the music room again that night talking.

“Why are you renovating again?”, GD asked.

“I’m not quite sure about that. Hyejeong said they need to fix something and that there’s a leak. I’m rarely at home these days so I didn’t notice, she must went there the other day, you know how nosy she can get on those things”, Dara answered nonchalantly.

“You’re rarely home? Where did you go?”, GD frown.

Dara smiled, “Just here and there. Do you have time tomorrow?”, she asked looking at him with her big round eyes.

“That looks suspicious”, he eyes her.

“Let’s go out tomorrow”

“Now, that’s really suspicious”

Dara chuckled, “I’m just going to introduce you to someone”

GD looked at her intently.

“What?”, she asked laughing.

He glared at her, “Who?”

She stood up, “Goodnight! See you tomorrow!”

**********