SCRIPT 1

The Break Up

News: GD and Dara spotted together. Dara was seen riding GD’s car and leaving the concert venue of the boy group WINNER last night. The two were said to move quietly and discretely to avoid the media…”

 Hyejeong pouts and changed the channel. She tried keeping in her temper but flare up as soon as she sees GD walking down the stairs from the second floor. Her dad who is sitting in a corner and flipping the newspaper just smiled at the early ruckus and shakes his head. GD sleepily flopped himself to the sofa when another news flashed on the TV screen.

Showbiz News: GD and Dara attended the concert of the new boy group WINNER, fans were delighted to see the couple after long months of not seeing together, igniting the speculation that the beloved couple has broken up…”

“The photo come up well”, he commented that earned another death glare from Hyejeong. “What?”, he asked trying to act innocent.

“You…!! You promised!”

“I just invited her to watch the concert. You know the boys wanted to meet her and she said it’s ok”, he grinned at her.

“You knew that she won’t say no, especially when that scandal surfaced about Chaera a few days ago”, she angrily sits beside him. “You didn’t even consider that she’s tired”, she snatched the plate of food GD’s holding that was just served by a maid.

“Exactly, she needs some relaxation, you’ve been working her too hard”, GD argued, her eyebrow shoots up. “Besides there’s nothing wrong with it”, GD smiled again trying to soothe things. He saw his dad hiding his smile.

“Everything is wrong with it!”, Hyejeong said in gritted teeth. “We’ve agreed on this already”

He sighs, “Can’t we let things be for a little longer? Chaera will be blame if we do it now”

“And whose fault is that?”, Hyejeong rolled her eyes.

“Alright. We’re sorry, it’s our fault. We’re too careless. She’s already stressed by the bashing and threats, let’s not make things worse”

“What did she expect? Congratulations from the world? Hello! You have a girlfriend in everyone’s eyes”

“Noona…”

“Let’s call for a press conference and let Dara air her grievances”, their dad butted in. 

“Dad! Does that make sense? We’re just together last night!”

“We can just tell them she just found it out. She just arrived last night from Indonesia right Hyejeong?”

“Anyway, you will be a two-timing jerk to the fans and Dara’s going to get all the sympathy. That will be better”

“Dad!Noona!”

 ********

“President Hyejeong will kill us both. You’re all over the news”

Dara chuckled and block Minzy’s kick. “I bought her a new channel bag”

“Bribing me won’t do this time”, Hyejeong answered, she’s at the door of the taekwondo studio. “You’re supposed to arrive tomorrow but my dear brother happened to know it better. And what were you doing last night?”, she turn to Minzy.

“GD's at the airport already last night”, Minzy answered handing a bottle of water to Dara. “They just took off leaving me behind. Her things are still with me”, she pouted the suitcases in one corner to Hyejeong.

“You know I wanted to meet them, they’re too energetic, I feel so young again”

Hyejeong exhales in surrender. “How’s the filming? Look at you, when did you become so thin?”

“It’s fun. I got to know many foreign friends in there. Days passed by too quickly”

“I’ll have another time for scolding the both of you. For now, be sure to take a good rest for a few days, you’ll be busy after. I’ll go ahead, I need to visit Uncle.”

“President Yang?”, Dara laughs. “We really made a big trouble”

“And you have time to laugh? Wait ‘til I get back to you. Dad asked you to visit home”

********

GD entered the President’s room on the 10th floor of their building where the big DE sign that stands for Dragon Entertainment can be seen.

“Uncle. You called for me?”

“How’s the preparation going?”

“We’re just finalizing the tracks to be included”

“Alright, do it your way. Anyway, as you may know, your sister visited yesterday…Agh! I can still hear her”, President Yang cover his ears and laughs.

“Why is she nagging these days?”

“We’ve decided to put up your break-up as planned”

GD frowned, “Does that make sense?”

“She’s worried that it may affect you but she said she can no longer let Dara do this. Dara will be doing a joint project in China. You will be on your world tour so let the issue die naturally when both of you are not here. As for Chaera, she’ll be joining that dating program”

“What?!”

********

“It’s just work GD. It will be over before you finish your world tour, by that time maybe everybody has moved on from yours and Dara’s break-up”

“In what world does a guy alright seeing his girl with another man?”

“I’ve been doing that for years. Don’t look at me like that. I know it was my idea but your sister surely supported me. Please GD, I’m just beginning to enjoy the fruit of my hard work, I don’t want to lose everything now”

He looks at her and remembers her same words four years ago

“Should I just announce that it’s you I’m dating?”, he asked pulling her for an embrace. She’s pouting reading all the encouragement and feedbacks to the rumors that he’s dating Dara.

“And lose everything I’ve been working hard for? I’ll be massacred by your fans. I’m just beginning. But what is it that they like about her? Your fans never did like anyone before”

Mino, his manager’s knocking on the car window got him back to the present.

“We need to go back already”

******************