SCRIPT 7

The Break Up

“Why do you look so gloomy these days GD?”, Teddy asked entering GD’s studio.

GD sighed and soullessly stared at him. Mino arrived and GD looked at him expectantly.

“I’m sorry GD. I can’t trace her”, Mino said apologetically. “I tried asking Minzy but she said she didn’t know too”

“Why? Is this about Dara?”, Teddy asked. “I thought she’s on vacation. I’m sure Hyejeong would know where she is, Teddy added shrugging his shoulder”

Mino exhales, “GD thinks Hyejeong is hiding her and he’s been so restless about her disappearance”

GD let out a frustrated sigh, “She sure does but she keep on saying she don’t, if anything happens to Dara…”

Teddy chuckled, “Is Dara a child? Besides, you know how much your sister loves Dara, she won’t let anything bad happen to her”

“He’s always in panic when it comes to her”, Mino commented.

Teddy nodded, “I don’t remember seeing you like that with Chaera”

“She was just at the hospital when I came and then she just disappeared the next day”, GD said frustrated.

He decided to go to Hyejeong again.

“Where is she?”, GD demanded. “Why are you hiding her?”

Hyejeong ignored GD. He keeps pestering her about Dara and it worsen when his last concert ended.

“Noona!”, GD said glaring at her.

“I told you she’s fine”, Hyejeong answered back.

“Why is it that she communicate with you and not me? Did I do something wrong?”, he asked frowning.

Hyejeong exhaled sharply, “GD…”

“I need to see her. I need to make sure that she’s fine with my own two eyes”, he said with begging eyes. “I know she’s having a hard time and I wanted to be there for her. Please noona”

“You can’t”, Hyejeong answered firmly

“Why? Why can’t I?”

Hyejeong looked at him and sighed, “Please GD, can you give her time? That’s what she needed the most”

She looked at GD feeling sorry but that is what Dara asked, to be alone and think.

********

Dara looked at the sun setting in front of her. She’s in the Philippines, she travelled there alone. After meeting and talking to her brother, Thunder. She felt suffocated. Thunder told her that their mother is dying and that she wanted to see her. Her step-father was sent to prison in China when they migrated due to illegal drugs and died there. Even Justin, her ex-fiancee died, Thunder said he came looking for her and he was in a car accident.

What bothered her most is her unforgiving heart, she can’t seem to find forgiveness for them. She didn’t know that she was full of hatred until recently and her growing feelings to GD is making it harder for her so she needed to go away for a while. She knew that she was not worthy for him, she was ashamed for wanting him and scared that he’ll be gone just like them.

“Beautiful”

She heard a voice saying that. When she looked around, there’s a man beside her, sitting on the sand but he’s not watching the sunset, he’s looking at her. She frowned.

“You’re beautiful even if you’re frowning”, he flashed her a smile.

She heaved herself up and started to walk away but the guy followed her.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude. You just looks so mesmerizing in person. I’m Kiyong”, the guy introduced himself in a cheerful voice.

She looked at his hand held out to her. She reluctantly accept the handshake, “I’m Dara”

Kiyong smiled, “I know! I’m a fan. I’m actually here for a vacation. Wow! I couldn’t meet you back home but I met you here”, he laughed. “Can I have a picture?”

She gave out an awkward smile but nodded, the guy looks kind enough and harmless to her. She thought he’ll be having a picture with her but he held out the camera on hanging on his neck that she didn’t noticed earlier.

“Smile!”, he said pushing the shutter. He looked at the photo happily and thanks her.

“Don’t worry, this is just for personal collection. I’m a photographer. I really wanted to do a photoshoot with you when I first saw you on TV. I thought you’ll look good with nature”

She relaxes at she listened to him, he looked so happy and cheerful.

Another week in the island and Dara found herself deciding to go back home. She spend the last week with Kiyong, more of he’s always following her around. She discovered that he’s a traveler, a photographer, a philanthropist among others, she keep being surprised as the days went by, he’s young and yet seems to have done so many things.

Kiyong was seriously sick since he was a child, he has leukemia, Dara was surprised knowing that since he looked so happy and content, he is so positive, his life has been hard too but he choose to be forgiving and to give everything that he has.

She already called Thunder and he told her they are back in Korea, their mom wanted to spend her remaining days in her homeland. She suddenly wanted to see her

Kiyong accompany her on the day that she’s about to go home.

“Keep in touch”, he said smiling at her.

“Thank you Kiyong”, she gently replied and smiled.

“Dara…it’s not wrong to be angry and be hurt but don’t let it get into you deeply. Don’t hide everything in your smile. It’s also not wrong to still care and love those people who have hurt us”

Dara was stunned hearing Kiyong, she didn’t told him anything.

Kiyong added, “You are a wonderful person and deserve the best in life. Always remember that.”

She gave him another thankful smile.

“And Dara…it’s never wrong to hold on to someone you love, especially when that someone loves you too”, he winks at her. She frowned.

“I’m waiting for your new project”, he waved her goodbye.

********

GD entered the house with a heavy heart. He misses Dara terribly, Hyejeong still won’t tell him where she is, and he feels like he’s going crazy already.

He stopped suddenly when he heard the piano playing.

******************